DLC Discussion Thread: Start of the Alphabet

Comments

• So into it. The description says there are multiple guitar solos on Bad Company and that it's a fun chart, so I wouldn't worry about it being too boring, they just didn't show off the fireworks.
  • Good stuff. Would have vastly preferred Feel Like Makin' Love but this one is cool. Just glad it isn't the FFDP version.

Hey now! I like the FFDP version!
  • So weird. I just thought of Roll to Me last week and figured it was the type of song RB would get these days. Woulda preferred Always the Last to Know, but nobody remembers that one by Del Amitri.
  • JLynn943JLynn943 Unsigned
    Awesome! I love both of these songs. 100% getting both.
  • Wow, so much love for Del. That's why we're all different. To me, there is an awesome classic rock song that has been way overdue, plus another 90s song that all sound the same.

No spotlight pass this time was definitely the right call for me, too.

I agree 100%.
    Roll To Me is... okay. I’ll probably buy it, but like you said - it’s another one of those just good/memorable enough 90’s/00’s songs.. I’ll take it, but would never in a million years ask for it.

Bad Company on the other hand?
    Oh heck yes - more where that came from..
    Glad to see they’re still playing ball with HMX.
  • Good DLC week and glad we ended up with the Bad Company version of Bad Company rather than the FFDP version. Hopefully next week is RBVR songs with the game being 1 year old during that week.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    Already getting one but will getting the other as well. I approve.
  • Good DLC week and glad we ended up with the Bad Company version of Bad Company rather than the FFDP version. Hopefully next week is RBVR songs with the game being 1 year old during that week.

What exactly are u pining for from VR?
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    I think most of us are just waiting for the hammer that is the Carrie/Coldplay/Canyon trio to finally drop so it isn't eternally hovering over us. It's not actual pining for the tracks so much as pining for the most protracted tease ever to just get itself overwith.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Roll to Me is another high school jam, so I'm very much looking forward to that.

I don't know Bad Company the song, but I like Bad Company the artist (from Shooting Star, anyway), so I'll probably pick that one up too.
  • BURNER247BURNER247 Unsigned
    Bad Company, hells yeah Insta buy, amazing week, good job HMX.
  • Not the Bad Company song I would have gone with (Feel Like Making Love would be), and not the version of Bad Company I would have gone with (mostly because alt-charted piano is a pet peeve of mine), but I'll still get it at some point. Not familiar with the Del Amitri song unlike everyone else seems to be - I sort of feel like I'm Always The Last To Know about some of the new DLC songs. Oh well, still a decent week! :)
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    Witticus said:

Waiting for Coldplay DLC is like when you know you've done something bad and you're anticipating all the terrible ways your parents are about to punish you.

getting Coldplay DLC is like being punished by your parents and having no idea why.... like when Schwartz gets a beating after the call from Ralphie's mom blaming him for teaching Ralphie to say "fudge" (only he didn't say "fudge"...)
  • :D Aah, Bad Company!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! It may only be one song, but it's a start! Too bad it's not the spotlight but I'll take it.
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    Bad Company....Finally, I shall buy this one 6 times

never heard of the other, sounds a bit poppy for my taste I think
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited March 13

Good DLC week and glad we ended up with the Bad Company version of Bad Company rather than the FFDP version. Hopefully next week is RBVR songs with the game being 1 year old during that week.

What exactly are u pining for from VR?
    The best outcome would be a 10 song week next week which was the 10 remaining RBVR songs with Church Bells being spotlight but I know that's rather unrealistic (would be nice to be wrong though and the 10 song week happen!) so the best outcome that still seems realistic would be something similar to how they handled VR songs this time last year. So like:

3/22 - Week 3
    Carrie Underwood - "Church Bells" (spotlight pass)
    The Wind and the Wave - "Grand Canyon"
    Maroon 5 - "Maps"

3/29 - Week 4
    [Non-RBVR song] (spotlight pass)
    Twin Atlantic - "I Am Alive"

4/5 - Week 5
    Pearl Jam - "Alive" (rewind)

4/12 - Week 6
    Against the Current - "Running With the Wild Things"

4/19 - Week 7
    The Starting Line - "Quitter"

4/26 - Week 8
    Coldplay - "Birds" (spotlight pass)
    Band of Horses - "Casual Party"

5/3 - Rivals break
    [Non-RBVR song]
    AudioDamn! - "Lights Out"
  • JLynn943 said:

djb5f1 said:

I have a ? though. Where's the letters A & C?

I was a little concerned it was going to be ABBA although I am sure a lot would like. Not fond of the spotlight song but love that we got Bad Company .
    If we ever get ABBA, I'm hoping for a mega-pack.
    I can't imagine the might of the sandstorm raising after such advertisement.
  • Witticus said:

Waiting for Coldplay DLC is like when you know you've done something bad and you're anticipating all the terrible ways your parents are about to punish you.

With All These Things That you’ve Done
  • kaneruleskanerules Rising Star
    Holy @%@/! Bad Company - Bad Company has been on my wishlist since the day Rock Band 1 was released in 2007.

Roll To Me is one of my faves from the 90s too. Amazing week! Easily one of my top ones!
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

Didn't know the other song 'til I looked at the video, I thought that was a Blues Traveller song.

I thought I already picked that song up when I bought "Follow Me Down".
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited March 13

Didn't know the other song 'til I looked at the video, I thought that was a Blues Traveller song.

You mean "Follow You Down"? And you didn't even have to pick it up, it was on-disc for RB4!

That said, I hear the similarities, but I like both quite a bit!
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    Awesome, that's two songs off my wishlist. Now here's hoping they have proper audio separation. I'm dying to get some more new dlc, haven't done in weeks!
  • TheStuddz said:

You mean "Follow You Down"? And you didn't even have to pick it up, it was on-disc for RB4!
    Follow Me Down is by The Pretty Reckless and was part of the Amazon RB4 pre-order DLC.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

TheStuddz said:

Follow Me Down is by The Pretty Reckless and was part of the Amazing RB4 pre-order DLC.

• LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I'll leave it as exercise for the reader to determine which song I meant. lolz
  • Oh hey, another song from the 90's I always thought Counting Crows did but actually didn't do.