DLC Discussion Thread: Start of the Alphabet

Comments

• Two great choices, Del Amitri has been one of my biggest wish list requests , short and sweet song but something for everyone, let’s get nothing ever happens or always the last to know next !!
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act

Good DLC week and glad we ended up with the Bad Company version of Bad Company rather than the FFDP version. Hopefully next week is RBVR songs with the game being 1 year old during that week.

What exactly are u pining for from VR?
    Personally, I want Running with the Wild Things, Lights Out, and Maps.

Wouldn't mind the Alive rewind either, though I have the live version at least.
  • biversonbiverson Unsigned
    "Roll to Me" isn't one of the Del Amitri songs that I requested for Rock Band, but I'll take it (got the spotlight pass anyway). Would have preferred "Kiss This Thing Goodbye" or "Always the Last to Know" from Del Amitri.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal

TheStuddz said:

Didn't know the other song 'til I looked at the video, I thought that was a Blues Traveller song.

I thought I already picked that song up when I bought "Follow Me Down".
    You mean "Follow You Down"? And you didn't even have to pick it up, it was on-disc for RB4!
    Follow Me Down is by The Pretty Reckless and was part of the Amazon RB4 pre-order DLC.
    Yeah, I have that song too! Like it a lot, it just doesn't sound much like the Del Amitri song! "Follow You Down" on the other hand...
  • edited March 14
    Huh, I completely forgot "Bad Company" was a keys-heavy song. It would've been such a better choice for the RB3 era than "Can't Get Enough" which doesn't even have a keys part.

Excitement level slightly lowered.

Edit: added hyphen.
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    Still no "rest of RBVR" songs.

I'm thinking we'll never gonna get them
  • SCFoxSCFox Opening Act
    Didn't know either song looking at the titles, but both were "Ohhh, this song!" moments, and I'll definitely be picking them both up.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited March 14
    Well "Bad Company" is super exciting, I have been wanting that for a while... too bad there are Keys charted to guitar

Never heard the Del Amitri song before today... and it sounds awful
  • Yes Bad Company by Bad Company from the album Bad Company and, ummm
    *listens to song*
    oh that song. I coulda sworn they were saying "wrong me" all these years not "roll to me". No wonder I could never find the song on iTunes. Oh well, both are bought.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    I did wonder why the verse of Roll to Me sounded familiar despite never having heard the song, it's because I was getting it confused with Accidentally in Love.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    Witticus said:

Waiting for Coldplay DLC is like when you know you've done something bad and you're anticipating all the terrible ways your parents are about to punish you.

Well, I'd say it's like anticipating all the terrible and new innovative ways they could punish you (locking your PS4 or XB1 in the freezer/refrigerator comes to mind), but then they just go with a grounding, and it's, well, fine, I guess. It's just a terribly mediocre punishment, y'know?
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    And I will try...
    To fridge you.
  • HMXOwl said:

The guitar chart during the chorus brings together several different string parts. Maybe your ear will catch something you hadn’t heard in other releases!

Does this mean what I think it means? Those things that must not be named confirmed?
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    EliBell1 said:

HMXOwl said:

The guitar chart during the chorus brings together several different string parts. Maybe your ear will catch something you hadn’t heard in other releases!

Does this mean what I think it means? Those things that must not be named confirmed?
    Branches? Trunks? Leaves?

Hmmm... you know what... I’m tired of your questions. So why don’t you make like a tree and get the stem out of here!
  • EliBell1 said:

HMXOwl said:

Branches? Trunks? Leaves?

Hmmm... you know what... I’m tired of your questions. So why don’t you make like a tree and get the stem out of here!
    Where does this anger stem from?

And I will try...
    To fridge you.

Fridge you?

Why not Freeze Me instead

Please tell me these music puns aren’t falling on deaf ears
    Was gonna go Freeze but wanted a word with the same vowel sound as Fix.
  • ZenzukiZenzuki Unsigned
    Bad Company? Hell Yeah!!!

Del Amitri.... had a listen... Oh yeah, I 'member dat one!

Gettin' both! :smile:
    tnevaker said:

is it just me, or do the sound effects in the preview videos get louder and more annoying every week.

ikr

It's getting bad... Turn that crap down some HMX... please! You're not trying to sell the sound effects!
    You want the people to be able to focus on the SONG! (and see the chart) :wink:
  • Del amitri is a great track, totally getting that. Bad Company seems.... a little dull....
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    edited March 14
    Bad company : great track, a classic, would have liked it to be the season pass one

Edit : i have to say that i am one of those of absolutely love FFDP's cover of Bad Company and i would really like to get it but i am also one of those saying that we should always get the original version of songs before getting a cover when it is possible so i'm happy with it

Del Amitri : sees names, "who?", goes to youtube, listens to the song, still don't know the song.. But it's an ok song and i got the pass so i can deal with it, i've had worst with past season pass so it's a good week

Edit 2 : Each time we get a song that has a good cover out there, i can't help but to think that it would be awesome if HMX could get a huge pack of great covers, there is so many great ones that comes to my mind
  • biversonbiverson Unsigned
    Witticus said:

biverson said:

"Roll to Me" isn't one of the Del Amitri songs that I requested for Rock Band, but I'll take it (got the spotlight pass anyway). Would have preferred "Kiss This Thing Goodbye" or "Always the Last to Know" from Del Amitri.

Found the European
    Ha! Not even close. Minneapolis. Girlfriend at the time (now wife) was a big Del Amitri fan and I really came to love "Kiss This Thing Goodbye".
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    Somehow Roll To Me is a giant black hole for me. Can't recall ever hearing it, though seems almost impossible if it was popular in that time frame...
    It perfectly camoflages itself as a Counting Crows album cut in order to deter predators.
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    edited March 14
    Or Sister Hazel.

It’s available on xbone.

The song sounded a bit empty. Stems?

Edit: Sounds like it does. Nothing seems to drop, but drums when I stop playing. The bass seems a bit flat....
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    Looks like we are having a road trip songs challenge!
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    uppyb0t said:

The song sounded a bit empty. Stems?

Edit: Sounds like it does. Nothing seems to drop, but drums when I stop playing. The bass seems a bit flat....

Both songs have proper stems.