Do you ever request a song on the 'Rock Band Song Requests' page?

Comments

• Yes

Do people really need to be told there is a difference between correlation and causation?

"I requested a song, and we eventually got the song" does not make "We got the song in part because I requested it" true.

Maybe I'm delusional but I boosted Icarus - Borne on the Wings of Steel an insane amount back in the RB1/2 days (made a thread specifically for it in YUS, constantly brought it up in other people's setlist threads, officially requested it and encouraged other people to officially request it, etc), and when we ultimately got it, especially because it's a pretty obscure song, I couldn't help but feel like I had influenced the process with my obnoxiousness.
  • Yes

Do people really need to be told there is a difference between correlation and causation?

"I requested a song, and we eventually got the song" does not make "We got the song in part because I requested it" true.

You know that guy, the one who rains on people's parades*? Pretty sure it wasn't that Mark guy!

On a serious note: It does no harm to let people feel they've contributed even if only by 0.001%, even though most of us admit our requests might never be granted and probably not even considered.

*probable misuse of an expression on my part lol
  • Tyrus1235 said:

You know that guy, the one who rains on people's parades*? Pretty sure it wasn't that Mark guy!

On a serious note: It does no harm to let people feel they've contributed even if only by 0.001%, even though most of us admit our requests might never be granted and probably not even considered.

*probable misuse of an expression on my part lol
    Yes, I think you meant it WAS that Mark guy! :)
  • tati81tati81 Opening Act
    Yes
    akuiken98 said:

What do you mean it was different? Like it had a different background?

Different URL adress and different background.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    Yes
    KKFan5 said:

Yes I have and I have quite the impressive list of requested songs that have made it to Rock Band, some back in the good old days, but a lot more recently

Lying from You- Linkin Park
    Sing- Ed Sheeran
    Riptide- Vance Joy
    Shut Up and Dance- Walk the Moon
    Dreams- Beck
    First- Cold War Kids
    Renegades- X Ambassadors
    Can't Feel My Face- The Weeknd
    Stitches- Shawn Mendes
    Sunday Bloody Sunday- U2
    Pride (In the Name of Love)- U2
    One- U2
    Hey Ya!- Outkast
    Get Lucky- Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams
    Locked Out of Heaven- Bruno Mars
    Treasure- Bruno Mars
    Chicken Fried- Zac Brown Band
    Zombie- The Cranberries
    Dreams- The Cranberries
    She Looks So Perfect- 5 Seconds of Summer
    My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)- Fall Out Boy
    Everybody Talks- Neon Trees
    That's My Kind of Night- Luke Bryan
    House Party- Sam Hunt
    Cake by the Ocean- DNCE
    Stressed Out- twenty one pilots
    The Hills- The Weeknd
    Don't Do Me Like That- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
    Breakfast at Tiffany's- Deep Blue Something
    Hey Jealousy- Gin Blossoms
    Found Out About You- Gin Blossoms
    We're Not Gonna Take It- Twisted Sister
    Hook- Blues Traveler
    Iris- Goo Goo Dolls
    Radioactive- Imagine Dragons
    Never Too Late- Three Days Grace
    Lips of an Angel- Hinder
    Jumper- Third Eye Blind
    Hemorrhage (In My Hands)- Fuel
    Pompeii- Bastille
    I Gotta Feeling- The Black Eyed Peas
    Mr. Jones- Counting Crows
    If You Could Only See- Tonic
    Everything You Want- Vertical Horizon
    I'm Yours- Jason Mraz
    Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous- Good Charlotte
    Dirt Road Anthem- Jason Aldean
    All For You- Sister Hazel
    Handclap- Fitz and the Tantrums
    The Sound of Silence- Disturbed
    Flagpole Sitta- Harvey Danger
    Safe and Sound- Capital Cities
    Save Tonight- Eagle-Eye Cherry
    Sweater Weather- The Neighbourhood
    Little Talks- Of Monsters and Men
    Closing Time- Semisonic
    One More Night- Maroon 5
    3AM- Matchbox Twenty
    Hold My Hand- Hootie & the Blowfish
    Only Wanna Be with You- Hootie & the Blowfish
    Complicated- Avril Lavigne
    Starboy- The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk
    Heathens- twenty one pilots
    Ride- twenty one pilots
    Royals- Lorde
    I Don't Want to Miss a Thing- Aerosmith
    Party Rock Anthem- LMFAO ft Lauren Bennett & GoonRock
    Some Nights- fun.
    Hold the Line- Toto
    Want to Want Me- Jason Derulo
    Outside- Staind
    Can't Hold Us- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
    Danger Zone- Kenny Loggins
    Use Somebody- Kings of Leon
    I Will Wait- Mumford & Sons
    Counting Stars- OneRepublic

So it's your fault for all of the amazing tracks we've been getting! ;)

I salute you!!
  • Do people really need to be told there is a difference between correlation and causation?

But is there proof that it's not true? Even if fan requests are a small sliver of their process for deciding which songs make it to the game, you could argue it helped. B)

Request on!
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    Yes
    tati81 said:

akuiken98 said:

What do you mean it was different? Like it had a different background?

Different URL adress and different background.
    You're right that the main URL has changed to the harmonixmusic.com domain, but rockband.com/request still redirects to the request page so that hasn't changed.

Funny thing, rockband4.com/request also works. Not sure how many people have used that URL though.
  • BonFire5BonFire5 Opening Act
    Yes
    Yeah, not sure I've gotten anything I've asked for though. Still no John Fogerty, Beady Eye, high Flying Birds, original version of Heroes, Diamond Dogs, Rebel Rebel, or Bryan Adams (other than Summer of '69 which was on Lego).
  • tati81tati81 Opening Act
    Yes
    BonFire5 said:

Bryan Adams (other than Summer of '69 which was on Lego).

I request him many times too.
  • tati81 said:

BonFire5 said:

Bryan Adams (other than Summer of '69 which was on Lego).

I request him many times too.
    As well you should! There's a whole bunch of Bryan Adams I'd love to have in RB4, starting with Summer of '69, which I missed the opportunity to export.
  • Yes
    I have and we all should
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Bryan Adams and Tina Turner's "It's Only Love" has been a mainstay in my top-5 white whale tracks for many years now. Blazing lead guitar with solos and a great duet vocal.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Yes
    I wish I had written down the songs I've requested over the years, I'd love to know my hit rate. It's quite low ... but it's not zero!

Hey HMX please send a list of all of the songs requested from my IP address kthxbai
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    Yes
    Today's "Roll to Me" was a song I've requested multiple times, and here we are! Keep requesting that stuff you want, people. might just make a difference.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Yes
    Bad Company -Bad Company I requested several times, probably not related to getting it but it could not have hurt!
  • Yes
    Everyone go request "Popular" by Nada Surf right now!!
  • Yes

Everyone go request "Popular" by Nada Surf right now!!

Aye me Captain!

Now everyone go request "Drownin'" by Tying Tiffany.
  • Everyone go request "Popular" by Nada Surf right now!!

Just did the other day! :)
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    Yes
    Yes, but still waiting for American Jesus or anything else by Bad Religion!

Also, recently requested The Beauty Of Gray by Live... I don't think it was a huge hit, but I love the song and think it would be awesome on drums and vocals.

Yet to get any of my requests filled... not since the days of almost having to bribe HMXHenry to bring Fragments by an Unkindness over onto the PS3... that's the one and only time it worked.

@HMXOwl would you consider taking bribes to make some of my requests a reality? :wink:
  • edited March 14
    Yes
    I'm a bit obsessive about this sort of thing. I keep a spreadsheet with every song I've requested since RB4's announcement. A little over 3 years worth of requests at this point. It currently contains over 1,000 songs spread across hundreds of artists.

This year alone I've been able to cross off all of the following:

Depeche Mode - "Enjoy the Silence"
    Natalie Imbruglia - "Torn"
    Shania Twain - "That Don't Impress Me Much"
    Billy Squier - "Lonely Is the Night"
    Bachman-Turner Overdrive - "Takin' Care of Business"
    Commodores - "Brick House"
    Goo Goo Dolls - "Slide"
    Matchbox Twenty - "Unwell"
    Gavin DeGraw - "I Don't Want to Be"
    Natasha Bedingfield - "Unwritten"
    Bad Company - "Bad Company"
    Del Amitri - "Roll to Me"

I'm really liking 2018 so far!
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    Yes
    I use it every once in a while but i don't think it ever happened that a song i requested made it to the game. On the other hand, a lot of songs i love and really enjoy made it to the game even without my request so i'm good with that. I'd love more "Hair metal" and more "post-hardcore" we are seriously lacking there
  • Yes
    patl175 said:

I use it every once in a while but i don't think it ever happened that a song i requested made it to the game. On the other hand, a lot of songs i love and really enjoy made it to the game even without my request so i'm good with that. I'd love more "Hair metal" and more "post-hardcore" we are seriously lacking there

There's tons of hair metal stuff I've requested that I'd love to see get in. Everything from more Motley Crue to Vixen and even some of the revival artists like Crazy Lixx and Steel Panther.

As for me, I use the request page mildly frequently, but I seriously doubt most of what I do request will make it to the game. Some for obvious reasons (Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin), others for general obscurity (Trixter, Player). Heck, I can't remember if anything I've requested has made it in!
  • tiagosouzatiagosouza Unsigned
    edited March 15
    Yes
    Yes, I still want to see Nightwish with Tarja on Rock Band.

Bless the Child would be awesome!

• army_of_mearmy_of_me Rising Star
    edited March 16
    Yes
    I used to request a ton, but once the current mode of DLC settled in and I realized obscure bands or b-sides probably weren't going to make it in, I hardly request at all. But, uh, that's kind of lame of me, so I should probably request more.
  • White_PawZWhite_PawZ Road Warrior
    Yes
    I just want to let it be known that I'm one of the thousands of people who have been requesting Bear Hands!

I think the issue is that HMX needs time to decide whether to do a full on Bear Hands expansion pack or just a career-spanning DLC release

I did request the Hollies and Rick Derringer years ago as well!
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Yes

I used to request a ton, but once the current mode of DLC settled in and I realized obscure bands or b-sides probably weren't going to make it in, I hardly request at all. But, uh, that's kind of lame of me, so I should probably request more.

Yes, you should definitely be requesting more obscure bands and b-sides, because it does the double job of 1) telling people that these bands and songs are in some form of demand and 2) giving the people on the other side of the form new groups to experience, maybe.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    See, now you're just trying to make me come up with 'requests' for the sheer delight of making Derek suffe...

Uh, BRB, I have suddenly realized some work I need to do.
  • Yes
    LoopyChew said:

giving the people on the other side of the form new groups to experience, maybe.

How much time you think I got in a day!
  • Yes
    How many song requests do you all have come through per day on average @HMXOwl? If that is something you are allowed to divulge of course.
  • Yes
    A lot.