Ion drum / E-kit owners and RB4

Comments

• dlleweldllewel Unsigned
    At least it was an easy fix, happy drumming!
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    Okay here's a weird one... so I understand that I can no longer long press the drum pedal to bring up the navigation menus in the song selection menu... except I somehow did it once last night. Is there something I'm missing there?
  • Click a header.
    HMXOwl said:

Click a header.

SON OF A!!!!!

Thank you.
    Any good solutions for mounting the Midi Pro Adapter in this thread?
  • AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    NoThru22 said:

I'd love one myself. I have two hair ties that "secure" it next to the brain and it's always sliding around.
  • empyre327empyre327 Unsigned
    Anyone use Roland TD-11k? Thoughts?
    Abaddon said:

NoThru22 said:

I'd love one myself. I have two hair ties that "secure" it next to the brain and it's always sliding around.
    I made a Reddit post about the solution I found (the Amazon link is not any kind of partner link): I realized that those bicycle phone mounts would be good, but a lot of racks are 1.5 inches in diameter and most bike mounts don't reach that large. I found this one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015PS3ME2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it fits the Alesis Surge rack perfectly and snugly, rotates 90 degrees, and holds the midi pro adapter without needing the rubber mesh. My only complaint is that it's a little wobbly, disappointingly, but otherwise it's cheap and works great. Here are the pics: https://imgur.com/gallery/o5IO9fu
  • Thanks!!

I just use two velcro straps, one around the drum stand tube and another through the clip on the backside of the MPA and interloop them and then use a rubber band around it to stop from dropping down whilst constantly banging on the kit.
  • RiffRaff4711RiffRaff4711 Unsigned
    NoThru22 said:

I used one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Pintech-Percussion-UM1-Universal-Module/dp/B00Q2T3DHU . It's in a clamp on my rack, and then the MIDI Pro Adapter is attached to it with some heavy duty velcro.
  • edited June 29
    In an illustration of the K.I.S.S. philosophy, I just used a big glob of sticky-tac (reusable adhesive putty) on top of the drum brain. Hasn’t budged in 7 years.
  • I'll be scoring a new Roland TD-17KVX in the next month or2! Been wanting a e-drum set for like a decade now and so freaking excited! Play along with Rock Band and play whatever anytime is what I need.. prob been 25 years since ive played drums. ;/

Bought the Rockband WIred Legacy Adapter prob well over a year ago knowing that eventually i'd score a set sometime. Just got to grab a 360 mini pro adapter and a long midi cable and i'll be all set to finally play drums in rockband the right way! Could never play with the plastic set.
  • ryanskiryanski Unsigned
    I have an Ion set with 2 pulse pedals and a pdp adapter to use on xbone. My splitter to use 2 pedals has died and I so badly want to use 2 pedals again but can't find a splitter anywhere. I was looking at the nitro but I was thinking - if I got a nitro brain on its own with a midi pro adapter would this work with all my existing parts and give me use of 2 pedals again?
    Thanks in advance.
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited July 10
    @ryanski buy yourself a real double bass pedal & yamaha kp-65 kickpad. then stroll on over to RB Rivals page on facebook & message Donnie Anderson. He sells the kickbox you'll need to make this all work. Cost you about $250-300, at most for all of it, if you live in the US & you'll be set for good. Trust me you'll love this setup. Hope this helps. Oh & fyi Guitar center has sales on double bass pedals all the time. I got my Pearl like 6 yrs ago on sale for $125 & its still going strong today
  • ThumprrThumprr Unsigned
    e-kit deal alert!

The nitro mesh kit is at 350 on Amazon, but it's 10% cash back on an amazon prime card.