DLC Discussion Thread: Run in the Sun

12346

Comments

  • Despite all my rage, I purchased "Run-Around" from the Xbox web page!*

    It's too good of a song for me to pass it up entirely despite my issues with the charting.

    My playthroughs on guitar went about as well as expected. I don't know what it is about those solos, but my fretting hand turned into spaghetti** on all 3 of them. I thought at least I'd do well on the 1st and 3rd solos but somehow could only muster about 90% on each of them. The 2nd solo was somewhere in the 40% - 50% range. It appears that what's actually garbage are my RB skills!

    I'd like to thank whoever had the compassion to add all that overdrive to the song. Kinda funny since, as others mentioned earlier in the thread, "Hook" barely had any overdrive at all. A few more goes at it, and I think I'll be able to pull off a gold-star run and most likely never touch the guitar chart again.

    Final verdict:

    The non-solo parts were great fun on guitar! The bass chart was pretty fun as well! I'll definitely be sticking to bass whenever I feel like playing this song in the future.

    *I actually purchased it from RB4's in-game store, but that didn't fit the rhyme.
    **Eminem confirmed!
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    EliBell1 said:

    Despite all my rage, I purchased "Run-Around" from the Xbox web page!*

    That line makes me think of Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins. Why isn't that in Rock Band... hmmm.

    (no, Harmonix, that wasn't a subtle request... i'd much rather have some Bad Religion or Muse thanks, "Thought Contagion" is growing on me, and I think a lot of people would want some of Muse's older songs too)
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    Graffin said:

    EliBell1 said:

    Despite all my rage, I purchased "Run-Around" from the Xbox web page!*

    That line makes me think of Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins. Why isn't that in Rock Band... hmmm.

    (no, Harmonix, that wasn't a subtle request... i'd much rather have some Bad Religion or Muse thanks, "Thought Contagion" is growing on me, and I think a lot of people would want some of Muse's older songs too)
    This also isn’t a subtle request:

    MORE SP HMX!!!!
  • uppyb0t said:

    Graffin said:

    EliBell1 said:

    Despite all my rage, I purchased "Run-Around" from the Xbox web page!*

    That line makes me think of Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins. Why isn't that in Rock Band... hmmm.

    (no, Harmonix, that wasn't a subtle request... i'd much rather have some Bad Religion or Muse thanks, "Thought Contagion" is growing on me, and I think a lot of people would want some of Muse's older songs too)
    This also isn’t a subtle request:

    MORE SP HMX!!!!
    Nah man, we need some Zappa and The Residents IN ADDITION to that.

    The "Other" genre needs some love, dang it!
  • edited April 8
    So the "Run-Around" guitar gold stars acquisition was actually quite easy. Got it on my first run today. 94% with 71 notes missed. I think I got something like 54% on the 2nd solo and 100% with some over-strums in the other 2. No misses or over-strums outside of the solos. The overabundance of overdrive throughout the song was a godsend.

    Any chance "Hook" could be updated with some more overdrive? Pretty please?
    Graffin said:

    That line makes me think of Bullet With Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins. Why isn't that in Rock Band... hmmm.

    This One's for Graffin Part 2!

    "1979" is sorely missing as well.
  • razor63 said:

    I'm not even a huge Smashing Pumpkins fan, but they have quite a few hits we never got. Tonight, Tonight, 1979, BWBW, Disarm are the main ones.

    This.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    I think BWBW was submitted to RBN (presumably by its label, which I'm guessing is EMI?) in its earliest days, but never passed because something? To me that suggests that 1) stems exist, but 2) licensing issues might be a thing.
  • Forgot to list the sale songs:
    Sugar Ray - "Every Morning"
    The Allman Brothers Band - "Blue Sky"
    Bob Marley & The Wailers - "Could You Be Loved"
    OMI - "Cheerleader"
    Seasick Steve - "Summertime Boy"
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    While we're on the subject of Smashing Pumpkins, how would you chart Disarm? What would you do for the drums? The timpani rolls and the cymbal swells seem like natural candidates, but would you add other things? Would the tubular bells suddenly be charted to pads?
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    LoopyChew said:

    I think BWBW was submitted to RBN (presumably by its label, which I'm guessing is EMI?) in its earliest days, but never passed because something? To me that suggests that 1) stems exist, but 2) licensing issues might be a thing.

    I think EMI backed out of the RBN, probably because they thought it wouldn't make them enough money. So that definitely means that it's a licensing thing. Also, the song is in GH5, and I'm pretty sure it has stems there, so I doubt it's a stems issue.
  • LoopyChew said:

    I think BWBW was submitted to RBN (presumably by its label, which I'm guessing is EMI?) in its earliest days, but never passed because something? To me that suggests that 1) stems exist, but 2) licensing issues might be a thing.

    I think EMI backed out of the RBN, probably because they thought it wouldn't make them enough money. So that definitely means that it's a licensing thing. Also, the song is in GH5, and I'm pretty sure it has stems there, so I doubt it's a stems issue.
    "EMI" by the Sex Pistols confirmed!
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard

    Forgot to list the sale songs:
    Sugar Ray - "Every Morning"
    The Allman Brothers Band - "Blue Sky"
    Bob Marley & The Wailers - "Could You Be Loved"
    OMI - "Cheerleader"
    Seasick Steve - "Summertime Boy"

    What system(s) is this on? I'm looking everywhere and can't find info on this :(
  • Just turn your game on and follow the Activity Feed prompt or look it up on your console website.
  • Forgot to list the sale songs:
    Sugar Ray - "Every Morning"
    The Allman Brothers Band - "Blue Sky"
    Bob Marley & The Wailers - "Could You Be Loved"
    OMI - "Cheerleader"
    Seasick Steve - "Summertime Boy"

    Nice - this'll be the first time I grab a sale song in a long time.. The season is on the horizon, so I'm grabbing Summertime Boy off my rainy day list.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    October 2013 on Rocksmith:


    The Smashing Pumpkins Song Pack – $11.99 / Steam

    Smashing Pumpkins “Today” – [XBL] / Steam
    Smashing Pumpkins “Bullet with Butterfly Wings” – [XBL] / Steam
    Smashing Pumpkins “1979” – [XBL] / Steam
    Smashing Pumpkins “Tonight, Tonight” – [XBL] / Steam
    Smashing Pumpkins “Disarm” – [XBL] / Steam


    They also have the single "Cherub Rock" from waaaay back.

    So maybe it isn't licensing and actually is full stems, which shouldn't be a problem now?
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

    Forgot to list the sale songs:
    Sugar Ray - "Every Morning"
    The Allman Brothers Band - "Blue Sky"
    Bob Marley & The Wailers - "Could You Be Loved"
    OMI - "Cheerleader"
    Seasick Steve - "Summertime Boy"

    I tend to buy an on-sale song every week just in hopes they continue this practice. I already own Blue Sky and the Legend album so I think it is going to be Sugar Ray even though that wasn't exactly on my wish list.

    Definitely don't want Cheerleader and would have to listen to Seasick Steve again, not familiar with him/them.

  • edited April 9
    djb5f1 said:

    Forgot to list the sale songs:
    Sugar Ray - "Every Morning"
    The Allman Brothers Band - "Blue Sky"
    Bob Marley & The Wailers - "Could You Be Loved"
    OMI - "Cheerleader"
    Seasick Steve - "Summertime Boy"

    I tend to buy an on-sale song every week just in hopes they continue this practice. I already own Blue Sky and the Legend album so I think it is going to be Sugar Ray even though that wasn't exactly on my wish list.

    Definitely don't want Cheerleader and would have to listen to Seasick Steve again, not familiar with him/them.

    I'm in a similar boat - I tend to buy anything I like the look of that I'd save on over buying it as part of a pack. In my case I don't particularly want Cheerleader, already own Summertime Boy and would rather buy Could You Be Loved as part of the album pack. Saving on Every Morning and Blue Sky's nice though.

    Summertime Boy's a fun song in my opinion. The guitar and bass charts are actually instruments made up of things like washboards with banjo necks and a pickup attached, or tractor exhausts converted into guitars and stuff like that. Steve's a bit quirky in that regard, but I do like the sounds that come as a result!
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Vexus said:

    djb5f1 said:

    Forgot to list the sale songs:
    Sugar Ray - "Every Morning"
    The Allman Brothers Band - "Blue Sky"
    Bob Marley & The Wailers - "Could You Be Loved"
    OMI - "Cheerleader"
    Seasick Steve - "Summertime Boy"

    I tend to buy an on-sale song every week just in hopes they continue this practice. I already own Blue Sky and the Legend album so I think it is going to be Sugar Ray even though that wasn't exactly on my wish list.

    Definitely don't want Cheerleader and would have to listen to Seasick Steve again, not familiar with him/them.

    I'm in a similar boat - I tend to buy anything I like the look of that I'd save on over buying it as part of a pack. In my case I don't particularly want Cheerleader, already own Summertime Boy and would rather buy Could You Be Loved as part of the album pack. Saving on Every Morning and Blue Sky's nice though.

    Summertime Boy's a fun song in my opinion. The guitar and bass charts are actually instruments made up of things like washboards with banjo necks and a pickup attached, or tractor exhausts converted into guitars and stuff like that. Steve's a bit quirky in that regard, but I do like the sounds that come as a result!

    Ok, I listened to the whole song, you sold me, getting Seasick Steve too! The chorus in the sample did not hook me initially but I like the build up and overall sound of the song.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    @HMXOwl Don't know where else to post this, but the discussion thread for this week's DLC seems to be closed. Wanted to say how I'm looking forward to picking those songs up!
12346
Sign In or Register to comment.