Which artists in Rock Band have you seen in real life?

Comments

• Black Sabbath
    Deep Purple
    Dio
    Dream Theater
    Filter
    Iron Maiden
    Kiss
    Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Machine Head
    Metallica
    Motley Crue
    Motorhead
    Night Ranger
    Ozzy
    Pantera
    Prong
    Queensryche
    Quiet Riot
    Rush
    Scorpions
    Skid Row
    System of a Down
    Ted Nugent
    Van Halen
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    Just bought my ticket to a fest where artists like Foo Fighters, Dave Matthews Band, Beck, Bryan Adams, Jethro Tull, Rise Against, Shawn Mendes, Three Days Grace, etc. are playing. Won't be able to make it to every show (I can probably go for about four days, but the fest is spread out over eleven), but I'll definitely be able to add a few bands to my list this summer.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited February 16
    TheStuddz said:

Just bought my ticket to a fest where artists like Foo Fighters, Dave Matthews Band, Beck, Bryan Adams, Jethro Tull, Rise Against, Shawn Mendes, Three Days Grace, etc. are playing. Won't be able to make it to every show (I can probably go for about four days, but the fest is spread out over eleven), but I'll definitely be able to add a few bands to my list this summer.

Gogo Bluesfest.

I’ll try to make it out to the The War on Drugs show.

Funny that it’ll be mere days after pot legalization.

Sad that Jethro Tull and TWoD are likely playing separate stages at the same time. Am curious to see which one of them has Hanson opening for them.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited February 16

TheStuddz said:

Gogo Bluesfest.

I’ll try to make it out to the The War on Drugs show.

Funny that it’ll be mere days after pot legalization.

Sad that Jethro Tull and TWoD are likely playing separate stages at the same time. Am curious to see which one of them has Hanson opening for them.
    I have my fingers crossed that TWoD is playing on the stage across from the main one immediately before Jethro, but you're probably right, TWoD does seem like the kind of headliner that the far stage usually has. I've already seen TWoD, but I might just choose to see them again over Jethro (seeing them both would be fantastic though).

(And speaking of shows occurring right after pot legalization...I can't wait to see how hazy Dave Matthews Band will be)
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    edited February 16
    Did not realize Jethro Tull still toured.

Desperately need more Jethro Tull in Rock Band. My 3-pack would be Teacher, Bungle in the Jungle, and Locomotive Breath. But so many options.
  • djb5f1 said:

Desperately need more Jethro Tull in Rock Band. My 3-pack would be Teacher, Bungle in the Jungle, and Locomotive Breath. But so many options.

Substitute any of those that isn't Locomotive Breath with Farm On the Freeway, and I'm sold.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    djb5f1 said:

Ian Anderson still tours under the Jethro Tull banner, but no other member of the current band was a member of Jethro Tull before 2007.
  • djb5f1 said:

Locomotive Breath, To Cry You A Song and Thick as a Brick (it’ll probably just be a single edit if we ever get it, but I’d still take it) would be mine.
  • Seeing All Time Low with a friend in about two months. So i'll be able to add them to my list.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited February 21
    A very surprising addition to my list will be coming in late April, as I just bought tickets to see Halo Circus. But who's opening for them? None other than Ruby Rose Fox.

I was honestly shocked to learn she was playing a show outside of Boston, and I always had the mindset of "oh, I'll never get to see her live since I don't live in Boston", but alas, here we are :) Many thanks to Harmonix for exposing me to her! This is such a great opportunity and I'm beyond excited. VIP tickets were only $20, too, so I can go to the pre-show meet and greet!

Admittedly, I didn't really know of Halo Circus beforehand, but apparently their lead singer was a finalist in the 8th season of American Idol. Either way, looks like I have some listening work to do :p This might be the first concert where I'm mostly going for the opening act rather than the headliner.
  • I have seen a vast majority of the acts in Rock Band preform on stage.

But the person who I have actually met and had a conversation with is ...

Wayne Coyne from the "Flaming Lips" and my this guy is down to earth and mega cool !!

I have seen the "Flaming Lips" twice in concert and quite possibly the greatest band I have seen live.

Bearing in mind I have seen "Muse" twice and "The Foo Fighters" !!
  • Jonathan Coulton
    Paul And Storm
    Weird Al (multiple times)
    The Who
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Metallica tonight!
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    LoopyChew said:

Metallica tonight!

So Metallica DLC confirmed!?

• Seeing All Time Low with a friend in about two months. So i'll be able to add them to my list.

They were actually decent. Not a huge fan of them. But they did sound just like the studio practically.
    Their opening band was good but they had a rapper inbetween the two bands and he was awful. I literally left and went out to the venue's bar to get a drink! (I don't drink much LOL)
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Well, now that apparently they're going to be in Rock Band, I can mention that I'm going to see Status Quo in June!

Also the Montreux Jazz Festival lineup went up today, and it includes a lot of Rock Band artists like Deep Purple (who keep coming back even after they wrote a song about the disaster that happened there), Iggy Pop, Gary Clark Jr., Portugal. The Man, Billy Idol, Alice in Chains, QotSA, NIN, Jack White, and Van Morrison. If I could pay to watch all of them I would.
  • edited April 17
    The only names I can add to my list any time soon are Mr. Big and Judas Priest, whom I will be seeing at Bloodstock later this year.