WRUDRN 2018: Deep Blues Traveller Something.... Bruther

Comments

• What'd I miss? Seems like mostly sharks.

Yup.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP

What'd I miss? Seems like mostly sharks.

Yup.
    So, you guys like got any meaningful conversation?
  • I'm about to platinum Far Cry 5... if people would stop voting for player-made maps..
  • I'm about to platinum Far Cry 5... if people would stop voting for player-made maps..

I'm a few DLC achievements away from 100% on Far Cry 4. Man, I should get the 5th, looks pretty good. Maybe after Borderlands 2, the Pre-sequel, Dark Souls 2 and 3... damn I bought too many games on the last xbox sale.

Anyone with Borderlands 2 on Xbox One? Nothing better than co-op on this one.
  • edited April 9

I'm about to platinum Far Cry 5... if people would stop voting for player-made maps..

Dang, already? That was quick!

In terms of other upcoming anticipated gaming releases, I'm tempted to get the remastered Spyro games this September, given that A. I remember playing them and they were good fun and B., it doesn't take up that much space on the hard drive, which I need to conserve because I own a 500 gig One S and currently don't have the funds for an external hard drive. I miss the days when you could just read games off of discs and only have to worry about save files, but eh, times have changed and I don't like it. The feeling of waiting for a 60+ gig game to download with my sub-par internet speed is one of unending agony, combined with the fact that you just lost a huge chunk of storage space with it.
    I played the original Spyro trilogy a couple years back. Happy to report they still rock except certain controls are inverted which can be a huge pain, but hundred percented them nonetheless.

I actually like full game downloads, because

1) its been standard on PC forever.

2) With a full game download, games can get fixed so much easier and faster by redownloading huge portions of the game.

3) Games load faster on the harddrive than a CD, solid state drives rovk!

4) If a disc is screwy, it will still play, because the disc will simply communicate to the drive to open the app instead of trying to read whatever the gell your asshat brother did to the game.

Granted, file sizes are a pain in the ass. X1 urks me because you can’t put in a new drive easily and will void your warranty if you replace.
  • Been playing a fair amount of Super Hot lately. That game is all right.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

Been playing a fair amount of Super Hot lately. That game is all right.

If you ever get the chance, try Superhot VR. As much fun as original flavor is, SHVR is three billion times more awesome.
  • Update: I platinumed Far Cry 5 last night! The multiplayer is god awful though :s
    I'd recommend this game to everyone though. Fantastic! (better in COOP though)
  • LoopyChew said:

If you ever get the chance, try Superhot VR. As much fun as original flavor is, SHVR is three billion times more awesome.

I watched the Giant Bomb folks play the VR version and it looked cool. But I'm not taking the plunge on VR until there's enough games I'm interested in to justify the price point.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    It seems like I'm playing IRL guitar in three separate groups now: my School of Rock Adult Program band building up to an 80s show, a side band of players from a previous SoR band building up to some open mic night appearances, and a budding Block Band with a bassist neighbor and guitarist kid from my cul-de-sac.

I think I need to retire so that I have more time to practice...
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Hep me. Please hep me. I been hypmotized!
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    I played some late night RB last night and got matched up with some randoms - some really good randoms.

we jammed a good four or five songs, and I gotta say ... that was a lot of fun! I mean, say whatever but playing this game still makes me smile

Nothing like hitting all notes in unison while your lead singer fu**ing nails everything on that Halestorm song.

good times, friends. I wish I could find those players in the old 'players met' option in PSN messages
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Anyone notice a lot of avatars and icons being missing today? I see a lot of blank avatar boxes, and on my profile most of the badge images are missing as well, instead just being text for a hyperlink to it.

Anyone notice a lot of avatars and icons being missing today? I see a lot of blank avatar boxes, and on my profile most of the badge images are missing as well, instead just being text for a hyperlink to it.

Its working fine for me, but it might be a European issue. Strange things go on with sites you use sll the time when going into other countries. For instance, did you know Rock Band’s site used to be blocked in the Czech Republic?

Also here’s a shark for your troubles.

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Witticus said:

Its working fine for me, but it might be a European issue. Strange things go on with sites you use sll the time when going into other countries. For instance, did you know Rock Band’s site used to be blocked in the Czech Republic?

It's actually better now, it must have been a temporary issue. Also well then, didn't know that :p
  • Delibird444Delibird444 Opening Act
    edited April 11
    The sharks are getting more high budget with each release. Pretty soon we'll have Academy Award winning "Heart Shark," a story about a well-to-do hammerhead shark that finds love in an impoverished Miami neighborhood. Through struggle and strife, we learn that love can overcome all obstacles- even the number of chromosomes we have. Rated R.

The sharks are getting more high budget with each release. Pretty soon we'll have Academy Award winning "Heart Shark," a story about a well-to-do hammerhead shark that finds love in an impoverished Miami neighborhood. Through struggle and strife, we learn that love can overcome all obstacles- even the number of chromosomes we have. Rated R.

Just wait till my final shark in December, I have the best ending shark ever. Every shark comes full circle and it will blow your mind.
    Witticus said:

Just wait till my final shark in December, I have the best ending shark ever. Every shark comes full circle and it will blow your mind.

screen capped for posterity
  • bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    After you finish you need to do a victory jump over them.
    he do what he likes, and likes what he do
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Nine years! Wooooooo
    Witticus said:

Happy Friday the 13th everyone from the bottom of Jason Harpoonhees heart, or whoeve’s heart he’s holding.

oh, this is beautiful!
    a'ight friends - who's going to be online tonight?

• I have some Rivals XP grinding to do, so I'll be online. But you're in PS4-land and I'm in XB1-ville, so our love is forbidden.