DLC Discussion Thread: Breaking Benjamin and Trivium

Comments

• The whole album is very good, my favourite 2018 album so far. Off to the request page to request more from it.
  • Finally, something fun to play! Good tunes as well, great week. Only wish there were more. At least three songs, with one of them perhaps being a rewind even would be exceptionally nice.
  • Dat Trivium riff tho. Super fun to play too.

Finally got a chance to check out Torn in Two in its entirety...will be picking that up as well.

In my opinion, this has been one of the best challenges/themes in a while.
  • Anyone curious to know what the songs on sale for this challenge is...

- The Cranberries - Zombie
    - Foreigner - Headknocker
    - Heart - Barracuda
    - Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama (Live)
    - Mastodon - Curl of the Burl

For some reason, Barracuda, Headknocker, and Curl of the Burl aren't Challenge songs (They don't have the R next to their name), even though they are on sale. Was this a mistake, I'm wondering?
  • Am I the only one weirded out by Torn In Two being labelled as "Rock"? I mean, "Nu-Metal" wasn't really accurate either, but was much closer (I'd consider the band Alternative Metal, which is tied to Nu-Metal at least), just labeling it as "Rock" seems a bit reductive.

What is a discussion of metal without a subgenre argument? :grin:

(For real though, I agree. "Alternative" or "Metal" would fit better.)
  • Definitely recommend Curl Of The Burl for anyone who doesn't own it. :)

I own it now :)
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    Torn In Two is a blast to play. Trivium is a bit rough on guitar, but had fun with the bass.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

Anyone curious to know what the songs on sale for this challenge is...

- The Cranberries - Zombie
    - Foreigner - Headknocker
    - Heart - Barracuda
    - Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama (Live)
    - Mastodon - Curl of the Burl

For some reason, Barracuda, Headknocker, and Curl of the Burl aren't Challenge songs (They don't have the R next to their name), even though they are on sale. Was this a mistake, I'm wondering?

Probably not a mistake. There have been songs included in the weekly sale that aren't necessarily part of the Rivals challenge. 3 out of 5 is a lot though, plus Barracuda seems like a no brainer for a guitar riff challenge.

Xbox is also doing a Spring Add Ons sale on top of the weekly sale. Songs in the weekly sale are $1.49, while songs that are part of the Spring Add-Ons sale are $1.69.
  • It sucks they don't do a sale for 360 and PS3. I would rather pay full price for them on 360 then a not so good sale on Xbox One so I could play them on both. It's like they forgot about us who still play RB3 and Blitz.
  • It's like they forgot about us who still play RB3 and Blitz.

Once October 6, 2015 rolled around they really...didn’t need to remember RB3 anymore. If you catch my drift.
  • Pretty sure buying legacy songs on PS4 entitle you to PS3 versions anyway so see it more as Microsoft being awkward.
  • Pretty sure buying legacy songs on PS4 entitle you to PS3 versions anyway so see it more as Microsoft being awkward.

You can't even go from XB1 to 360 on games like Borderlands 2, while you can go from PS3 to PS4 to PSVita. It's beyond a Rock Band issue, it's all Microsoft.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited April 16

Pretty sure buying legacy songs on PS4 entitle you to PS3 versions anyway so see it more as Microsoft being awkward.

This is accurate. Any song bought for PS4 automatically entitles the matching ps3 version if one exists.

I’m not entirely sure if this also applies to tracks that were initially entitlement-Broken (maybe the fixed resubmitted version broke backwards crossbuy? Never tested.) - and there may be strange behaviour for the backwards entitled Queen tracks that ‘merged’ two distinct ps3 versions.
  • It's like they forgot about us who still play RB3 and Blitz.

Once October 6, 2015 rolled around they really...didn’t need to remember RB3 anymore. If you catch my drift.
    Yea I know but I mean if I'm gonna buy a song I'd rather play it on 3 games instead of 1. I'm in good shape anyways though I saved a ton from the pre rb3 sale and I'm only a few hundred away from everything so I'll just chip away til I got em all.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited April 16

It's like they forgot about us who still play RB3 and Blitz.

Yea I know but I mean if I'm gonna buy a song I'd rather play it on 3 games instead of 1. I'm in good shape anyways though I saved a ton from the pre rb3 sale and I'm only a few hundred away from everything so I'll just chip away til I got em all.
    Yeah, at least the backwards compat works out so you’re actually still getting a version for the older game for legacy stuff.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

It sucks they don't do a sale for 360 and PS3. I would rather pay full price for them on 360 then a not so good sale on Xbox One so I could play them on both. It's like they forgot about us who still play RB3 and Blitz.

Meh, it's not like it's a steep discount, it's just 50 cents off. Think of it as paying 50 cents extra to have it on both consoles.