What were the last video games you played?

Comments

• DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business

Far Cry 5 is excellent. I've cleared one area. Might platinum the game.
    The hunting/fishing challenges will take awhile as that's not really my thing (it's the only trophy I'm worried about. But have most the hunting ones done just shooting at passerby animals)

Fishing will be really long though.

Wow just realized I'm only 3 or 4 animals away from having them all hunted/skinned. (Not as hard as I thought)
    Fishing will take awhile though..Especially the Hard-ranked fish :#
    I saw a clip online of somebody fishing, and then a jaguar attacked him mid cast - I laughed my ass off. That, and the turkeys. I guess the Turkeys are murderous
  • Far Cry 5 is excellent. I've cleared one area. Might platinum the game.
    The hunting/fishing challenges will take awhile as that's not really my thing (it's the only trophy I'm worried about. But have most the hunting ones done just shooting at passerby animals)

Fishing will be really long though.

Wow just realized I'm only 3 or 4 animals away from having them all hunted/skinned. (Not as hard as I thought)
    Fishing will take awhile though..Especially the Hard-ranked fish :#
    I saw a clip online of somebody fishing, and then a jaguar attacked him mid cast - I laughed my ass off. That, and the turkeys. I guess the Turkeys are murderous
    The turkeys are actually pretty easy. The cougars are insane sometimes though. I actually died from a Moose. They are actually very violent and kill you relatively quickly LOL.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Cougars in Red Dead Redemption were far worse than bears.
  • I hate snakes so much and I've ran into about 4 so far (there's not too many so far compared to the previous ones). Each time i've almost screamed out loud LOL
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    Celeste! Digging it!
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    I trekked through a different wilderness and finally got around to playing Rise of the Tomb Raider. It was alright, problem is it was more of the same from Tomb Raider, but I did like the first one better. It’s redeeming feature was it didn’t include as many quick time events, but it was just boring compared to the first game. The weapons were fun, on the go crafting made it a bit too easy, I had a trillion explosive and poison arrow, nothing survived with no real challenge. The Tombs were barely puzzles and way too short compared to contemporaries like Uncharted. Overall its an alright game, nothing spectacular.

One thing does really irk me. The game has a message at the bottom stating “Experience Lara Croft’s defining moment as she becomes the Tomb Raider.” Which is some ad for the next Tomb Raider game. The absolute f*** was the point of the two prior games!? How the hell do either of the games not count as defining moments!? If defeating magical ghost queens and entire private militaries isn’t a defining moment, then what!? Is she actually going to explore Tombs with a puzzle more complex than “Pull these two ropes.”
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    The most defining moment in any tomb raider is locking your butler in the fridge in TR2
  • I've been on vanilla Destiny 1 on Xbox 360 to go full hipster.
  • Really liked the South Park Fractured But Whole game, especially the Casa Bonita expansion pack where one of the Goth kids becomes part of your team. Wish the game was a little longer but now I'll be back to murdering Orcs in Middle Earth shadow of war.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    I've been playing Attack On Titan 2. I'll start by saying I'm not a fan of the source material (well, not particularly, I don't really read Manga much, and the anime is just all the screaming, all the time) but the game is pretty fun! I'd be hesitant to call it "good", with the story just being a recap of the show whilst playing your own original character, but it's dumb and cathartic, and worth picking up when it's about 20 bucks a year from now.
  • So, I finished Sunset Overdrive.

I think I have a new game in my "favorite games" category. Seriously, I loved just about every moment, from the characters, to the over-the-top story, to the gameplay, and the fact I made my character wear pink zebra-stripe leggings, a button-down shirt, a leather jacket, and nerd glasses to complement the aptly named 'hair metal' hair styling. If you have an Xbox One and haven't played it, I highly encourage you to do so - it's a game that somehow manages to make fetch quests fun while also poking fun at the very concept of a fetch quest!
  • Really liked the South Park Fractured But Whole game, especially the Casa Bonita expansion pack where one of the Goth kids becomes part of your team. Wish the game was a little longer but now I'll be back to murdering Orcs in Middle Earth shadow of war.

It was a good game! I enjoyed it more than the first one. I know most people thought it had lots of "cheese" in it but I found it much more enjoyable than Stick.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior

Looks like I’ll be getting the discount I want after all. A promo on the PS store in North America is granting a 20% dlc discount coupon. Live.playstation.com . Complete quests (watch ads) for coupon, apparently.

Yeah, it annoyed me that it was already heavily discounted on retail disc in its launch week but the digital was always full price. I don’t buy optical media anymore. The only disc I ever have in my PS4 is RB4, and that only because that was the version roadcrew provided, I would have bought digital. Disc swapping is so last decade.

Lesson learned when my ps3 optical drive failed and my machine was rendered downloaded-games-only.

I just remembered about these discounts: consider this your reminder to cash in, everyone! One had expired already, but one was still valid. The site doesn't seem to be offering any new ones right now, instead you get sweepstakes entries that require you to participate in a live panel next week?

I got 20% off of a full cart of items [well, 2 slots were filled by the newly exported Rock Band packs that transferred over for free], mostly stuff that only rarely or never goes on sale. Like RB DLC. And that expansion pack for the PS3 version of Burnout Paradise. I just hope the server stays up for another few weeks; I'll be playing it as often as possible this month to try and get my money's worth.

• wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    Namco announced another character in the soul calibur 6 roster, Siegfried, another great character. now I hope they include rock in the game and I'm good to go.
  • I've gotten back into playing Monster Hunter after a month or so break from it.
    Almost have it beat now.

But also about to start God Of War Ascension (got it free on plus a couple years ago and never tried it. And I preordered the new one so I figured why not start it before).
    Also going to work on beating Bioshock Infinite (got free with plus/ps3.. actually almost had this beat when I quit it years back) and Batman Arkham City (also free on plus/ps3.. been playing this every couple days for the last week and have gotten about halfway through)
    I actually just replayed Bioshock Infinite a few weeks back. Still stands as one of my favorite games of all time. The story is immensely powerful especially with current events. One of the best video game settings ever too.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited April 16
    I didn't make enough time for gaming this weekend. No Burnout at all, not on any console. I did earn a nice
    "Q*bert: Rebooted" trophy on PS3 (after getting it on PS4 a few days earlier). Many of the trophies involve dying in a specific way a certain number of times, and I haven't earned those yet, because I'M JUST THAT GOOD.

Also I tend to die by fleeing in a panic from the snake (Coily). And dying from running into a red blob or from leaping off of the edge doesn't get you a trophy.
  • bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    LoopyChew said:

Anyone try Into the Breach yet? I bought it but haven't had the time to check it out.

I've put in over 60 hrs on it now, highly recommended if you like turn-based strategy. Combat is very chess-like in some ways, very deterministic compared to games like X-Com, it's more like Invisible Inc. in that regard.

It also works well for either longer or shorter play sessions, something I value a lot these days.

• thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

I didn't make enough time for gaming this weekend. No Burnout at all, not on any console.

I played a staggering and depressing amount of Burnout Paradise Remastered. I decided to get ahead of the chore of getting all the Burning Routes and just went after those all weekend long, because I really didn't want to leave them for last. The sooner I can permanently put the cars I hate on the shelf, the better (then I can get into the groove of really immersing myself in one car's physics to win all the races). The only Burning Routes left now are the ones associated to cars I haven't unlocked yet.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    So just got done with the first Kingdom Hearts game (I got 1.5+2.5 Final Mix for PS4 for my birthday last year, only now getting around to playing it). It was rather difficult, but I had fun both with the combat and also with how weird the story is. A lot of the platforming hasn't aged well, and sometimes it felt like there weren't enough checkpoints between long stretches without saves, but I still felt compelled to see it through despite that.

Next is Re:Chain of Memories, AKA the one that was on Gameboy Advance and had some weird card-based combat. This should be interesting...

So just got done with the first Kingdom Hearts game (I got 1.5+2.5 Final Mix for PS4 for my birthday last year, only now getting around to playing it). It was rather difficult, but I had fun both with the combat and also with how weird the story is. A lot of the platforming hasn't aged well, and sometimes it felt like there weren't enough checkpoints between long stretches without saves, but I still felt compelled to see it through despite that.

Next is Re:Chain of Memories, AKA the one that was on Gameboy Advance and had some weird card-based combat. This should be interesting...

Skip to II and revisit after. II is the gold standard of the series, and due to the nature of that side story, most main characters don't know what happened in it, so you should be okay going straight into II.

Skip to II and revisit after. II is the gold standard of the series, and due to the nature of that side story, most main characters don't know what happened in it, so you should be okay going straight into II.
    Ah, okay then. My idea was to play these in the order they come in on the disc (which I assume is chronological to how they take place in the timeline), so I got the story as it happened, rather than going back and forth through the timeline. If I were to skip to II, would I miss any important plot details from Chain of Memories?
    I need to finish Kingdom Heart II some day, but I really didn't like it compared to the first game. Mostly because I'm a natural explorer and secret finder. (Just ask @Meat-Popsicle or @Lawdog1521 or anyone who played GTA with me) Kingdom Hearts I, was awesome for backtracking and finding cool secrets... Kingdom Hearts 2 just didn't really do that. The worlds felt more barren and just felt like it was guiding me through the plots of disney franchises. I also couldn't play more than an hour of chain of memories, really didn't enjoy the card battle mechanic.
  • Witticus said:

I need to finish Kingdom Heart II some day, but I really didn't like it compared to the first game. Mostly because I'm a natural explorer and secret finder. (Just ask @Meat-Popsicle or @Lawdog1521 or anyone who played GTA with me) Kingdom Hearts I, was awesome for backtracking and finding cool secrets... Kingdom Hearts 2 just didn't really do that. The worlds felt more barren and just felt like it was guiding me through the plots of disney franchises. I also couldn't play more than an hour of chain of memories, really didn't enjoy the card battle mechanic.

Agree with you on Chain of Memories. I found that very dull and really unnecessary. Shut off chain really quick (maybe longer than an hour though as I like to try to learn or understand different routes but in this case I probably should have just shut it off)
    edited April 19
    Witticus said:

As someone who's really more into it just to see how weird the plot gets, I may still enjoy II, at least. I remember trying the GBA version of Chain of Memories, getting lost and confused, and giving up after about 30 minutes. I'm hoping like anything it at least works better in a full 3D space as opposed to the GBA's beat-em-up style camera for battles. I'll admit I'm basically playing that one since I heard that there's important (or at least interesting) plot details that ties the series together or something.

I will say, though, that some of the secrets in the first game are really cool, and if there's less of that in II that will be a little disappointing.
    Even if I probably won't be able to beat Sephiroth without grinding a ton after having beat the game, I appreciate the effort put into that secret boss fight, for example.
    Kingdom Hearts II does have much better combat, looks great, and very imaginative worlds. I was just sad there wasn't as much to do in these great new worlds. There were tons of them, but it just felt like you were recreating the movies without adding much to the world these took place in, so most didn't really add much to the story. I'll try and go back to it before 3 comes out, just for completionist sake.
  • Witticus said:

Kingdom Hearts II does have much better combat, looks great, and very imaginative worlds. I was just sad there wasn't as much to do in these great new worlds. There were tons of them, but it just felt like you were recreating the movies without adding much to the world these took place in, so most didn't really add much to the story. I'll try and go back to it before 3 comes out, just for completionist sake.

I wonder if 3 will have more side adventures? I have a feeling 3 will be very linear even though it's taking them years to release it LOL

Ah, okay then. My idea was to play these in the order they come in on the disc (which I assume is chronological to how they take place in the timeline), so I got the story as it happened, rather than going back and forth through the timeline. If I were to skip to II, would I miss any important plot details from Chain of Memories?
    The disc order is release order.

Chronologically:
    X -> Birth By Sleep -> I -> 358/2 and Chain of Memories (358/2 also slightly overlaps I and II) -> II -> Coded (skip) -> Dream Drop Distance -> III

It's worth playing CoM at some point, it gives a lot of insight into II, but it's not a prequisite.
  • Playing Zombie Army Trilogy of recent and soon will be playing the new God Of War . Doing zombie coop with a friend and it’s a decent game. Got it for $15 on the recent flash sale.