Sum 41- A Showcase of Our Generation's Greatest Punk Rock

Comments

• wafflerevolutionwafflerevolution Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    I guess we are all "Still Waiting" for someone at HMX to get some "Motivation" to stop giving us a "Fat Lip" and give us some Sum 41... hope it happens soon because not getting any is "All Messed Up" and makes it so tough that it's giving me a "Heart Attack" >_<
    edited October 2011
    not funny? :(
  • SneakylooterSneakylooter Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    I chuckled.

Yeah I'm "Still Waiting" for more Sum 41.
    edited October 2011
    I guess that i twill be a while... but hopefully not too long...
    edited January 2012
    Sum 41 – “Fat Lip” X
    Sum 41 – “Still Waiting”

tuesday... more singles for awesome bands... HMX is really starting to choke now a days :(

I don't like that they - just like Korn... kept it one short of a pack... 3 songs is still more money and it's not like there isn't a HUGE selection of hits from them... takes money to make money.
  • ResidentSkumResidentSkum Unsigned
    edited January 2012
    I'm just happy they are finally releasing more Sum 41. Sure, I'd like a lot more than just "Fat Lip" and "Still Waiting", but it's better than no Sum 41. :D
    edited January 2012
    I used to accept any rather than none but recent events have made me realize that we need to fight harder to change things for the better.
  • ResidentSkumResidentSkum Unsigned
    edited January 2012
    As was said on the discussion thread this week, though, "Now that no SBM is released, they have a chance to release the full CD." ;)
    edited January 2012
    yea, we both know that's never going to happen. we'll probably never get another single again either. problem is my comrades, we are the ones who said we'd be happy with only one or two songs... so that's what we got... I blame us.
  • TKSTKS Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    I'm just happy they are finally releasing more Sum 41. Sure, I'd like a lot more than just "Fat Lip" and "Still Waiting", but it's better than no Sum 41. :D

I agree, I want a lot more sure, but for now I'm just super happy they are finally releasing more Sum 41
  • RyuzakiRyuzaki Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    Aaaaand it's been four years since I've made this thread.
    Unfortunately, I can no longer stand pop-punk and I haven't played Rock Band in ages.
    Oh well. Good work, everyone!
    edited January 2012
    Ryuzaki wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I can no longer stand pop-punk

wow. what do you like now? Country? Hip Hop? regular pop?

it always saddens me when people change their tastes to exclude things they once liked...

Ryuzaki wrote: »
    and I haven't played Rock Band in ages.
    that's not surprising.

also, why come here if you don't play anymore?
  • RyuzakiRyuzaki Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    I could just be getting the wrong impression, but you're feeling really passive-aggressive? Perhaps I'm simply taking your suggestion, that I could even stand country, a little too personally. XD

Anyway, I didn't forcibly exclude any sort of music, as you implied. I was 14 when I started this thread-- 19 now-- and I've never had a static taste in music. As I found newer and, in my opinion, better forms of music, I gradually lost interest in pop-punk (along with thrash, classic rock, and NWOBHM). When I look back at them now, I actively dislike them.

Since you asked, I currently listen to a lot of alternative rock, garage punk/rock/blues, and indie. Anything that is lo-fi or high-gain catches my attention, and has led to me finding several noiserock and shoegaze bands that I enjoy. I'm also beginning to branch out to noisepop and bass & drum. Last, I simply can't live without The Beatles.

On to the second question! I adore the fact that Harmonix is still actively continuing DLC support for the Rock Band franchise, despite the fact that they have effectively given up on the series. Since joining the forum, I have always dropped by on Fridays to check on the weekly DLC release. It only takes a couple minutes and, as such, it's a habit that I have yet to drop. ^_^;
    edited January 2012
    I guess the fact that I still like all the music I've ever liked is something I tend to hold too tight... that and the fact that I like almost everything... and definitely all sorts of rock... if a song is good... or a band... I like it/them... ever have... always will... my tastes aren't always set in stone either but I've never cut anything out... definitely never started disliking anything... I'm quite a bit older than you though.... maybe you still have some growing to do... exploring if you will...

I agree I too like they are trickling tiny amounts of DLC to a franchise they've essentially kicked to the curb.
  • SneakylooterSneakylooter Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    To be honest, HMX has been getting some good bands as dlc even if its a small amount. I'm grateful for it.

As for more Sum 41: "Motivation" and " The Hell Song" are good picks.
    edited February 2012
    I'm grateful just not happy... yes, a lot of great bands have been added of late... it's the amount that get released that makes me sad since we all know no more will come from those bands for probably the same amount of time... or ever.

yes, those are good choices.
  • Michael1026Michael1026 Unsigned
    edited July 2012
    I really want to see With Me added. It's a great song by a great band.
    edited July 2012
    I'd still love to see a lot more stuff by them added.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    Maybe it's just the Canadian in me, but there's still a ton of Sum I'd want.

The Hell Song
    No Reason
    We're All to Blame
    Over My Head (Better Off Dead)
    Makes No Difference
    Pieces
    With Me
    Motivation

And that's just off the top of my head. There's probably more than that, even.

At this point in the game, do I think we're going to get 10 new songs by Sum 41, of all bands? No, but a few would be awesome.
    you're not alone. I'd still love all of AKNF and much more.