Does "Play a Show" mode include setlists that you create?

OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
I haven't played the mode enough (and I don't have enough setlists), but does it draw from your setlists when giving voting options?

e.g. "Play a song from Karaoke Hits", or "Play a song from Dad's Favourites"

Comments

• kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    No. But hopefully they implement this at some point in the future! Play a Show mode is very underutilized.
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    edited May 15
    I wish there was a way to edit the showing of vote choices. Such as:

- Vote choices show only song title and artist. (ex. Tom Petty - Listen to her Heart)
    - Vote choices show artist only. (ex. A song by Tom Petty)
    - Vote choices show genre only. (ex. A Pop-Rock song.)
    - Vote choices show decade/year only. (ex. A song from 1978)
    - Etc.

Personally, I don't like it when it's all mixed like how it is in 'Play a Show' mode. I like it when all choices show the both the "song title and artist" only.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Play A Show is pretty much the only mode I use when playing local (and due to the lack of setlists at launch it's been that way from the beginning) so I really wish they would add new features to it. I always thought the idea of adding Twitch integration could be neat where not only is the band voting on the next song but people in the Twitch audience can too... but I guess the reality is that RB isn't actually popular on Twitch and it'd probably be seen as a waste of resources
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    OakTea said:

I haven't played the mode enough (and I don't have enough setlists), but does it draw from your setlists when giving voting options?

e.g. "Play a song from Karaoke Hits", or "Play a song from Dad's Favourites"

That would be dope! But the fact that Play a Show even ignores song ratings makes me think this is a long shot.
  • braves22braves22 Opening Act

tnevaker said:

Play a Show mode is a great idea that, like a lot of the features of RB4, came out a bit underdeveloped. just being able to add filters or play the mode from a setlist would improve it greatly for local play. and adding it as an option for online play would be a huge boost to both those modes.

The barest minimum change - enforcing the 'filter out 1-rated songs' from its selection criteria if it's enabled - would make a WORLD of difference for me. It would be my go-to party mode if I could make it avoid picking/offering/considering bands and songs the people at the party (specifically the vocalist) have never heard of.
    I would definitely agree here...We don't use it at parties because of this, we usually end up focusing on Tour Mode...and thats also because too many ppl complain about the cutscenes in Rockudrama (which I love myself)
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    edited May 17

tnevaker said:

Play a Show mode is a great idea that, like a lot of the features of RB4, came out a bit underdeveloped. just being able to add filters or play the mode from a setlist would improve it greatly for local play. and adding it as an option for online play would be a huge boost to both those modes.

The barest minimum change - enforcing the 'filter out 1-rated songs' from its selection criteria if it's enabled - would make a WORLD of difference for me. It would be my go-to party mode if I could make it avoid picking/offering/considering bands and songs the people at the party (specifically the vocalist) have never heard of.
    OMG this
    if you think about it, why would a band play a show of songs they hate?

yeah that is all
  • Adding Play a Show for online and enforcing filters for local play would be the best approach to improving that mode. The online functionality would allow everyone to be able to get the Play a Show exclusive achievements/trophies (some are co-op based) and the tweak to local play would allow it to be used as a party mode or Rivals XP grind mode.
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    Yeah, the Play a Show mode is a lot of fun, but it seems to have been left behind after they removed the "Keep your overdrive bar between songs (and so you can't save scores in this mode" aspect of it. Actually, I started playing it because I could save scores in that mode, so this was a good change.

But with Online and Setlists added to RB4, I think these would be excellent additions to make "Play a Show mode" a blast again!
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I agree here, and am still waiting for HMX to do a big update that focuses exclusively on these types gameplay refinements. Like revising Play A Show as mentioned here (including online), fixing the way filter selection works, and adding a band leader optional mode.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    OakTea said:

Yeah, the Play a Show mode is a lot of fun, but it seems to have been left behind after they removed the "Keep your overdrive bar between songs (and so you can't save scores in this mode" aspect of it. Actually, I started playing it because I could save scores in that mode, so this was a good change.

But with Online and Setlists added to RB4, I think these would be excellent additions to make "Play a Show mode" a blast again!

I thought Play a Show mode kept the whole keep your overdrive/multiplier thing, but they removed it from Tour Mode. Maybe I'm wrong. I haven't touched Play a Show in like a year.
  • tdc002 said:

OakTea said:

I thought Play a Show mode kept the whole keep your overdrive/multiplier thing, but they removed it from Tour Mode. Maybe I'm wrong. I haven't touched Play a Show in like a year.
    They removed it from both so all modes would submit scores to the same leaderboards.
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    It would be a nice optional feature to add in (of course at the expense of not being able to save scores). It'd be a good casual mode because a lot of casual players will save their overdrive for hard parts of the songs, and might end up with a full bar of overdrive. It'd be more fun for them if it didn't feel like a waste, and they could use their overdrive during the next song.