May 2018 DLC Prediction Thread: The Aforementioned May Flowers Are Now In Bloom

Comments

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    TheStuddz said:

Am I the only one who never interpreted it as RBN tracks were only happening this season? I figured they'd keep em going for a long time.

I figured they'd be for at least this year with only a few appearing this season.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner

I feel a bit out of the loop. I know RBN songs are supposed to be coming back, but do we have any confirmed timeframe as to when, how often, etc?

Just this season, and probably not for another few weeks.

Only HMX know for SURE.
    Never heard it phrased as just this season. From my understanding it was at least "through the end of the year".

And as others have pointed out that appears to be the case.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    Good, I’d more than love to be proven wrong.

Hard to understand some things if they’re not said directly sometimes, you know?
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    I sure hope they will keep rbn coming to regular dlc for a long time because i want at least a hundred songs back and they are probably not all the most popular so if i want to have a chance to have them all back it's got to be for more than just season 6, i'm pretty sure it'll be like the rewinds, if it sells well it'll be here for a while
    edited May 10
    I wonder if genre sorting will be changed with the RBN songs when different from the normal DLC by the same artist. For example with Seether you have:
    Broken (Alternative)
    Fake It (Metal)
    Remedy (Metal)
    Rise Above This (Alternative)
    Country Song (Rock)

Anyway, challenge 1 is all songs eligible so you may want to change predictions for future weeks.
  • I'd like to extend my prior predictions to the season overall.

Expecting no bangers any time soon tho.
  • White_PawZWhite_PawZ Road Warrior
    Bears wake up in the spring...

Is this the month that the hungry masses FINALLY get their Bear Hands fix? We shall see...
  • Vexus said:

I reckon next week we'll get a Lego and an RBN 1.0 rewind, then the week after RB3 and RBN 2.0, with the following specifically if I were to guess:

• KT Tunstall: Suddenly I See (LRB)
    • Evanescence: Going Under (RBN1)
    • Spacehog: In the Meantime (RB3)
    • A Day to Remember: If It Means A Lot To You (RBN2)
    I think that might make more sense if it's chronological.
    Going back to this, "I'm Made of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of?" seems to be a bigger seller on RBN than either of the other ADTR songs I considered (and was the third biggest seller on RBN ever). As such that might be more likely to turn up. Not sure if it was 1.0 or 2.0 though.
  • Vexus said:

Vexus said:

I reckon next week we'll get a Lego and an RBN 1.0 rewind, then the week after RB3 and RBN 2.0, with the following specifically if I were to guess:

Going back to this, "I'm Made of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of?" seems to be a bigger seller on RBN than either of the other ADTR songs I considered (and was the third biggest seller on RBN ever). As such that might be more likely to turn up. Not sure if it was 1.0 or 2.0 though.
    Vexus said:

Vexus said:

Oh, i hope you are right about I'm made of wax larry, it's a shame we never got it through regular dlc when we got downfall of us all back in 2008, i forgot about it but this is the one i hope we get first by adtr!
  • patl175 said:

Vexus said:

Vexus said:

Oh, i hope you are right about I'm made of wax larry, it's a shame we never got it through regular dlc when we got downfall of us all back in 2008, i forgot about it but this is the one i hope we get first by adtr!
    I'm just going by this thread.

(Incidentally, I'm a tad surprised that "Thank You, Pain" sold better than "Nemesis".
  • So we're doing another Decades season.

Week 2: 50's/60's
    -House of The Rising Sun- The Animals
    -Spirit In The Sky- Norman Greenbaum (Rewind)
    -Great Balls of Fire- Jerry Lee Lewis

Week 3: 70's
    - Heart Of Glass- Blondie (Rewind)
    - Go All The Way- The Raspberries
    -Boys Don't Cry- The Cure

Week 4: 80's
    -Don't Dream It's Over- Crowded House
    -Faith- George Michael
    -Should I Stay or Should I Go- The Clash (rewind)

Week 5: 90's
    -Sweating Bullets- Megadeth
    -Alive- Pearl Jam (Rewind)
    -Sway- Bic Runga

Week 6: Early 00's
    - I Bet You Look Good On the Dancefloor- Arctic Monkeys
    - Bodies- Drowning Pool
    - Maps- Yeah Yeah Yeahs (Rewind)

Week 7: Late 00's
    -That's Not My Name- The Ting Tings
    -A-Punk- Vampire Weekend (Rewind)
    -Paralyser - Finger Eleven

Week 8: 2010's
    -If I Die Young- The Band Perry
    -Dear Rosemary- Foo Fighters
    -Back Through Time- Alestorm
  • @Tranquilbez22 It's not a decades season, it's a season looking over the history of RB DLC.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner

So we're doing another Decades season.

They were talking about a decade of RB (since it just made 10 years a few months back), not decades as in 70s/80s/etc.

The first week is looking over all of RB history (all songs eligible).

Next week is likely RB1, then likely RB2, then likely RBN (or maybe they'll do Lego too), etc.
  • edited May 13
    They'd have to put out alot of RBN tracks to give it it's own week. I could see a week for rb1, 2 weeks for rb2, 2 weeks for rb3, 2 for rb4/rivals.
  • Next week will probably give us a better idea of what to expect from this season.
    edited May 14
    Given how huge the quantity of DLC was pre-2012, progress through the RB2 and RB3 eras may be slower than we've been predicting. Like for example there were 167 DLC songs between RB2 launch (September 14th 2008) and the end of 2008, that's nearly as many songs as the number released for RB4 (new and rewind) since Rivals launch. So maybe it's more like:

Challenge 2 - RB1 disc + RB1 era DLC
    Challenge 3 - RB2 disc + remainder of 2008 DLC and some of 2009 DLC
    Challenge 4 - RB2 disc + 2009 DLC between the cutoff of challenge 3 and LRB
    Challenge 5 - LRB disc + GDRB disc + DLC released between LRB and RB3
    Challenge 6 - RB3 disc + DLC released between RB3 and the end of 2011
    Challenge 7 - RB3 disc + the remainder of RB3 era DLC (2012, 2013 and early 2015)
    Challenge 8 - RB4 disc + RB4 era DLC

Where the weekly DLC along with each challenge is:
    Challenge 2 - RB1 rewinds*
    Challenges 3 and 4 - RB2 rewinds*
    Challenge 5 - LRB rewinds and RBN
    Challenges 6 and 7 - RB3 rewinds and RBN
    Challenge 8 - RBVR songs

* May also include a new song that's not eligible in the challenge.
  • edited May 15
    This season is crazy.
    Kinda hope it's not preparing us for an uncertain futur... I want this game to live forever, i want to be an old whining man playing in my rockin chair remembering about all the dlcs we got back in rb1/rb2 days saying these were the good old days
  • So let's see if I'm interpreting this right. This season's "History of Rock Band" means dlc is Rewinds and HMX bands; with maybe VR tracks being the exception, and the challenge songs incorporate existing dlc from the library?
  • So let's see if I'm interpreting this right. This season's "History of Rock Band" means dlc is Rewinds and HMX bands; with maybe VR tracks being the exception, and the challenge songs incorporate existing dlc from the library?

So far that's what it looks like

The Warning isn't a HMX band but it could be that the season is rewinds, VR songs and free songs (with some overlap, like if Alive came it would be both a VR song and a rewind).
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

So let's see if I'm interpreting this right. This season's "History of Rock Band" means dlc is Rewinds and HMX bands; with maybe VR tracks being the exception, and the challenge songs incorporate existing dlc from the library?

The Warning isn't a HMX band
    They're not composed of HMX employees, but they are a band that have been financially sponsored by HMX. They're here because of an existing connection to HMX, which is close enough to "HMX Band" for me.
    edited May 17
    Challenge 2 appears to be DLC released in 2007 and 2008, not sure why Collide and Start a Band are eligible though.
  • Challenge 2 appears to be DLC released in 2007 and 2008, not sure why Collide and Start a Band are eligible though.

Collide: It's a freebie by an RB1 on-disc band.
    Start a Band: They need an on-disc spotlight song, and it's thematically relevant to A: the "START A BAND, Rock the World" slogan (emphasis half my own and half LiveHomeVideo's) and B: the idea of starting out.
  • And I was dreaming about new songs from great artists from every rb. Well, I really enjoy the warning song.
    My prediction for this week is going to be
    Pearl Jam - Alive (rewind)
    Vampire Weekend - A-Punk (rewind)
    And the challenge would be from rb2 until lego rock band (including green day rock band)
    Btw i hope i'm wrong because i want some new songs to buy because i have both exports but i have a bad feeling unfortunately for new songs this season...