Last Call

I am somewhat new to Rock Band 4. Jumped on the bandwagon in August 2017, after having having a longer break from Rock Band for several years.

Dusted off some old Rock Band instruments that I bought back 10 years ago for PS2, and found out that it worked with PS4. Now, I had about 1500 songs back on RB3 on Xbox 360. Unfortunately, I do not own a Xbox One, since I opted instead for a PS4 when it came out.

So, I'm in the midst of rebuying and rebuilding my music library for RB4 on PS4. I'm currently on about roughly 700 songs.
Now, I've managed to pick up a few tracks before they were taken down, namely "Rosanna" and "Countdown to Insanity" just recently. But I'm getting anxious about missing out on picking up certain songs before it's too late.

So my question is this: are there any sites, lists or updates where you can find which songs are going to be delisted - and when?

Comments

• I am somewhat new to Rock Band 4. Jumped on the bandwagon in August 2017, after having having a longer break from Rock Band for several years.

Dusted off some old Rock Band instruments that I bought back 10 years ago for PS2, and found out that it worked with PS4. Now, I had about 1500 songs back on RB3 on Xbox 360. Unfortunately, I do not own a Xbox One, since I opted instead for a PS4 when it came out.

So, I'm in the midst of rebuying and rebuilding my music library for RB4 on PS4. I'm currently on about roughly 700 songs.
    Now, I've managed to pick up a few tracks before they were taken down, namely "Rosanna" and "Countdown to Insanity" just recently. But I'm getting anxious about missing out on picking up certain songs before it's too late.

So my question is this: are there any sites, lists or updates where you can find which songs are going to be delisted - and when?

It might be cheaper to just buy an XB1 to get all your previously purchased songs vs. buying them all again, not to mention you may have bought songs that are now delisted and unavailable.
  • My Rock Band 4 experience improved when I moved from PS4 to Xbox One.

I no longer get stuttering or calibration issues.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner

My Rock Band 4 experience improved when I moved from PS4 to Xbox One.

I no longer get stuttering or calibration issues.

The stuttering is practically gone now.
    Calibration issues not sure, mine is fine now but I do know my friend who uses the madcatz rb3 guitar is having issues where the numbers change on him constantly and some days no numbers are good.
    So it seems like maybe those issues are patched out for the most part.
  • Thanks a lot for your replies!

I don't really see any reason to pick up an Xbox One at this moment, especially since we can expect a new generation of consoles announced in a couple of years. But yes, I really do miss my vast library of delisted songs, which I unfortunately won't get to play on my PS4.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

I don't really see any reason to pick up an Xbox One at this moment

I really do miss my vast library of delisted songs, which I unfortunately won't get to play on my PS4.

(scratches head)

It looks like you *do* see a reason. You just haven't connected the dots.

You have literally thousands of dollars worth of content in a game you like, just waiting for you to have the platform to play it again ... that IS the reason.

But it looks like you've already thrown too much money at rebuying things on PS4 (read: you've already spent more money than an Xbox One would cost to get a fraction of the way to the library you'd have had for no-new-costs if you had bought one) to go back and realize your budget error.
  • Thanks a lot for your replies!

I don't really see any reason to pick up an Xbox One at this moment, especially since we can expect a new generation of consoles announced in a couple of years. But yes, I really do miss my vast library of delisted songs, which I unfortunately won't get to play on my PS4.

You can get Used XB1's pretty cheap now, I bought a XB1 just for RB4 when the game released, and I totally think it was worth it. XB1's should be even cheaper than they were in 2015 now.
  • I don't really see any reason to pick up an Xbox One at this moment

I really do miss my vast library of delisted songs, which I unfortunately won't get to play on my PS4.

(scratches head)

It looks like you *do* see a reason. You just haven't connected the dots.

You have literally thousands of dollars worth of content in a game you like, just waiting for you to have the platform to play it again ... that IS the reason.

But it looks like you've already thrown too much money at rebuying things on PS4 (read: you've already spent more money than an Xbox One would cost to get a fraction of the way to the library you'd have had for no-new-costs if you had bought one) to go back and realize your budget error.
    Depends on how many they have left to purchase (that are available/not delisted). A new XB1 can be found somewhere around $200 if you search for it and a used one for less than that. That's only 100 single songs, so if they have several hundred more to purchase, it still is more cost effective to get an XB1, even though they've spent money re-buying songs on PS4. Not to mention, delisted content is invaluable! :)
  • braves22braves22 Opening Act
    If the person had 700 songs like they said and many delisted content tracks, buying the XBO for the game seems like a no brainer to me.
    edited May 16
    braves22 said:

If the person had 700 songs like they said and many delisted content tracks, buying the XBO for the game seems like a no brainer to me.

Actually they said they had 1500. 700 is the number they’ve rebought after the console switch (for seemingly **far** more money than simply getting the console that would grant the 1500 this gen would cost).

braves22 said:

Actually they said they had 1500. 700 is the number they’ve rebought after the console switch (for seemingly **far** more money than simply getting the console that would grant the 1500 this gen would cost).
    Lol...so even worse than I thought....

Think of all that money saved by just buying the XBO and re-installing the content...
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    To give him the benefit of the doubt, he may be future planning for Rock Band 5 on next gen. And he knows he is going with the ps5 and would skip the HW requirement of also getting the Xbox equivalent.
  • Right.

Never would I thought me rebuying songs for a new platform, would garner such a discussion, but yet here with are.

Yeah, obviously I effed up with having to rebuy many songs for a new platform. That I can see in hindsight. I just happened to stumble over some old instruments that had been stored in the attic for many years, and seeing how hard it is to come by Rock Band instruments here where I live, I figured to just go with getting RB4 for PS4. It was more a spontanious decision really, and I became addicted to getting a decent song library.

If there is a RB5 and I can get a new set of instruments, then yeah, I would go with the next Xbox.
    How does one who had RB for XBox stumble across instruments for the PlayStation? Thats a bit odd...
  • braves22 said:

How does one who had RB for XBox stumble across instruments for the PlayStation? Thats a bit odd...

If you had read my original post, you would've seen that I had bought Rock Band w/ instruments 10 years ago, for the PS2.

It's really quite something how alot of you rally together to try to make a mockery out of me. Grow up.
    edited May 17

Right.

Never would I thought me rebuying songs for a new platform, would garner such a discussion, but yet here with are.

To be clear, we don't mind you effectively donating money to HMX by buying things you would have already owned by spending less money to keep your content in the Xbox family. More money in their pockets is a good thing. We just find it peculiar. :)

I understand the preference to only have one console per generation. There's only so many TV inputs, so much entertainment rack room. I for one only went PS4 this gen, after having had both PS3 and a late-cheap XB360 last gen. But for me that was in large part to preserve my RB library that I had built up on PS3 before even getting an XB360. Had I gotten an XB1 before the RB4 announce, I expect the RB4 announce would have pushed me to get a PS4 anyway (despite my preference to have one system this gen), for access to my established RB library. Your mileage seems to vary.
  • braves22 said:

If you had read my original post, you would've seen that I had bought Rock Band w/ instruments 10 years ago, for the PS2.

It's really quite something how alot of you rally together to try to make a mockery out of me. Grow up.
    People were actually trying to save you money.
  • You guys seems to be forgetting a little detail for our lad: he had the chance to save a few bucks by reusing the PS2 gear, while if he comes to buy a XB1 console, he might 1. look for an adapter wich is hard to find, or 2. buy a new set of expensive controllers.
  • You guys seems to be forgetting a little detail for our lad: he had the chance to save a few bucks by reusing the PS2 gear, while if he comes to buy a XB1 console, he might 1. look for an adapter wich is hard to find, or 2. buy a new set of expensive controllers.

This.

This.

For drums, yes. Guitars can still be found on Amazon for $50.
  • I don't live in the US, so I have to rely on instruments that I can find out in the wild, or be really lucky and grab a new set of instruments. To find instruments, esp drums, can be quite hard when you live in Norway. I know about ebay and Amazon, but many sellers do not send to Norway. Besides, you also have import tax.

As you can probably see, it's a little more complicated for me than just going with buying a Xbox One and Rock Band 4, when I don't have any working instruments for it, don't have the adapter and getting a set of instruments incl drums, is somewhat hard these days.
  • I don't live in the US, so I have to rely on instruments that I can find out in the wild, or be really lucky and grab a new set of instruments. To find instruments, esp drums, can be quite hard when you live in Norway. I know about ebay and Amazon, but many sellers do not send to Norway. Besides, you also have import tax.

As you can probably see, it's a little more complicated for me than just going with buying a Xbox One and Rock Band 4, when I don't have any working instruments for it, don't have the adapter and getting a set of instruments incl drums, is somewhat hard these days.

Ah, didn't know you were outside the US. So yes, that would make it both harder and more expensive for ya.