Problem with my jag strum bar

Alright, season 6 is about to start in a few hours and i realised i'm having a problem with my rb4 jag, when i upstrum it does a downstrum by itself, any idea how i could fix it? I looked on the net and only saw how to fix the stratocaster and some post saying that the jag is different and can't be fixed, i hope this is not true because i like this one a lot more. Also i'm not really good with fixing tech, usually when it breaks i buy new ones but in this case, the guitars are almost impossible to find now, can anyone help me?!?! Thanks guys

Comments

• LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    The Jag strumbars suck. Sorry. Sounds like you're getting a "bounce" because the weak-arse strum-bar can't recenter from an up-strum without crossing over and registering a down-strum. Makes alt-strumming impossible for me on them, although I guess maybe you could time that perfectly and make it work... as long as the run always ended on a down.

I've tried pinching the strumbar and holding on to it to completely control it's motion and stop it from down-strumming, but that never really works out for me either.

It seems like there should be a way to open it up and bolster the strum mechanic, but I haven't bothered to try and do it. I just use a MadCatz Strat now.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned

The Jag strumbars suck. Sorry. Sounds like you're getting a "bounce" because the weak-arse strum-bar can't recenter from an up-strum without crossing over and registering a down-strum. Makes alt-strumming impossible for me on them, although I guess maybe you could time that perfectly and make it work... as long as the run always ended on a down.

I've tried pinching the strumbar and holding on to it to completely control it's motion and stop it from down-strumming, but that never really works out for me either.

It seems like there should be a way to open it up and bolster the strum mechanic, but I haven't bothered to try and do it. I just use a MadCatz Strat now.

I opened it to check and didn't see anything i could do with it. I always alt-strum because most hard songs need it so i got used to do it and i noticed it's not always doing it so it's still playable but it breaks my streak every once in a while just to mess with me when i'm trying to gold star songs i don't have but i guess i'll have to live with it since no one seems to have find a waybto fix it. Thanks for your help, at least i bought a few spare guitars so when i'll be tired of it, i'll use a new one until they make new and improved one (hahaha i wish)