DLC Discussion Thread: Anamanaguchi and JoCo!

Comments

• kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    $2 huh? Good luck.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    Yeah, this is great. Was worried that the RBN rereleases would focus mostly on the more marketable, mainstream songs, but the heart of the RBN was weird, goofy stuff like this.
    Vexus said:

Immediately had alarm bells going off when I saw the word "chiptune" mentioned since I immediately thought "this will either be alt-charted to heck or just have a really bland guitar chart". Mercifully, Airbrushed looks like it might still be fun on guitar regardless, having seen a gameplay video of it from RB3.

Yeah, I was worried for a second that it wouldn't be worth owning without the keyboard chart, but just watching the clip they include in the preview here reminded me that while the keyboard does take focus at times, the guitar part plays the melody for big chunks of the song, so there's nothing to worry about there
  • DesvergerDesverger Opening Act
    JoCo makes it two song purchases for me this season, so far. Will be great to have it in RB4.

I've got both songs in RB3, but I'm not sure I'll pony up for Airbrushed again..... maybe one day if I get desperate. Vocals is my preferred instrument these days, and I've got enough instrumentals that get rare play as it is.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I like Jonathan Coulton and will probably be buying that song again.
    Not a chiptune fan (though now I wish I had bought at least ONE of them to try on Keys, in RB3)

Next time Sony offers a 20% off coupon I'll be using it to buy the 30 Song Mega Pack.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Passing on both of these. I'm glad RBN songs are coming back but as someone who bought very few of them when they were around I suspect I won't be buying many of them as they become available.
    Fingers crossed for Demon Hunter and FotC soon
  • I can't believe Anamanaguchi is back. Give it to me right now.
  • Big thumbs up for Code Monkey (and hopefully more JoCo ports to come).
  • Foos036Foos036 Unsigned
    Good news for those who enjoy these.

For me...I haven't fired the game up in over a month now. These songs certainly won't change that.

I'm all for RBN re-releases, but it would be nice to have some brand new content mixed in. The last time we got any notable (i.e., not free) content that was brand new to the platform was April 26.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited June 12
    Was hoping the first JoCo song would be Ikea, but really I can't complain. These were not only two RBN songs I bought, but were among the half-or-so of RBN songs I bought that I said I would buy again. Would have preferred a softer price point (these'll cost me $5.98CDN to re-own this gen) but I expect I will; if not immediately, at least eventually.

I am unclear what people might be looking for in a guitar chart if they find Airbrushed's to be 'awful'. It was one of my favorite guitar charts of the RBN era. Whenever I went back to play RBN songs in RB3 it was always on my shortlist of songs to revisit because it's always been so fun. Obviously a nonvocal song is disappointing to some, and the keys chart was amazing and we're obviously not getting that. But that guitar chart is tremendous.
  • Was not expecting novelty so soon and I have to say.. great choices!
    Grabbing both!
  • Not bad choices. Not what I was hoping for but still better than last weeks songs by a mile.
  • ekffazr said:

been saving a lot of money lately and it continues this week
    everyone else enjoy

This is having the opposite effect for me. I'm buying a lot of back catalog stuff in my wish list for Rivals challenges. I haven't been getting a lot of the new releases and my bank account stays losing :(
  • Yay! One Jonathan Coulton song down, so many more to go!
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    For those of you that like sales stats:
    Code Monkey was #24 on the list of highest-selling RBN songs
    And Airbrushed was #78.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Where was Airbrushed among RBN 2.0 songs? Musta been top 5.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Might get Airbrushed because it looks fun to play, but I’m not really into either of these
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Will definitely grab Anamanaguchi, maybe on JoCo, because I remember that one also being fun for an easier song at least. Glad to see a variety of styles represented in these RBN re-releases; here's hoping for some prog soon!
    edited June 12

Where was Airbrushed among RBN 2.0 songs? Musta been top 5.

Blue is technically the highest one on the list (#15) so #1 for RBN2.0.
    Then Country Song at #44 (released last week).
    Then If It Means a Lot to You at #51 (released two weeks ago).
    And then If You Can't Hang by Sleeping with Sirens at #56 (so #4 in this case).
    Rounding out the top 5 is Caraphernalia by Pierce the Veil at #59.

But, if we go a little further down.....

#6 for 2.0 is another ADTR song, Better Off This Way (#63).
    Finally, AIrbrushed would be #7 at #78. So yeah, not too shabby.

the rest of the top 10 is two more ADTR songs, (All Signs Point to Lauderdale at #80, and then The Plot to Bomb the Panhandle at #81) and Bed Intruder Song rounding it out at #85.
  • So disappointed.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    edited June 12
    Oh hey, Anamanaguchi, neat

And then If You Can't Hang by Sleeping with Sirens at #56 (so #4 in this case).

Hoping this one returns sooner than later, it's really fun on everything and it grew on me musically after playing it in-game
    It’s pretty catchy yeah

And the drums have some tricky fills while being a fun song to sing
  • I had both those songs on RB3 and played them a lot so I'm very happy. Hooray! Sorry for the people who don't like this more obscure stuff. :(
  • yoann007yoann007 Unsigned
    edited June 12
    TheStuddz said:

What?! Chiptune and novelty?

Also Airbrushed is one of the most fun drum chart of the whole RB library, but eh. Assumptions.

I, for one, am happy that the RBN re-releases are not just stuck in the metal part of RBN.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited June 12
    yoann007 said:

TheStuddz said:

What?! Chiptune and novelty?

Also Airbrushed is one of the most fun drum chart of the whole RB library, but eh. Assumptions.
    I had it for RB3 actually. I did enjoy playing it on keys, but musically, that genre just doesn't do anything for me, personally. Don't think I'll buy it again until I get desperate for new songs.