Your Rock Band victory for the week...!

Comments

• So, I recently had to order a new RB guitar as the strum bar on my last one was starting to get spotty. At first, the new guitar didn't work and we almost gave up on it, but in a last-minute save, we were able to clean up the battery compartment and get it to work.

I tested it out on "Hour of Rats" (because everyone knows death metal is the ultimate guitar tester). Ever since this song came out in 2016, it has been the only song in my RB library with a score below 5 stars on any instrument. That changed today.

Now I'm pretty convinced this guitar is Jesus. It was resurrected, after all.

How in the world do you do those fast strums!? I've got a skill rating of 994 or so and I can't get through them!
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited May 29
    coolkat said:

How in the world do you do those fast strums!? I've got a skill rating of 994 or so and I can't get through them!

I think what helps is that the strumbar on this new guitar I got is much tighter and more precise. On my last guitar, the top part of the strumbar touched the edge when I strummed, whereas this one doesn't. Also, I kind of "pinch" the strumbar and jiggle it instead of strumming up and down normally for the fast parts.

@LiveHomeVideo is probably a better person to ask because her high score is like 30,000 points higher than mine :p
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard

coolkat said:

I think what helps is that the strumbar on this new guitar I got is much tighter and precise. On my last guitar, the top part of the strumbar touched the edge when I strummed, whereas this one doesn't. Also, I kind of "pinch" the strumbar and jiggle it instead of strumming up and down normally for the fast parts.

@LiveHomeVideo is probably a better person to ask because her high score is like 30,000 points higher than mine :p
    I mean your guide sounds pretty close to how I tend to do it. Only thing different is that I have a bit more arm movement than wrist movement most of the time. Other than that, it's mostly just practice; I remember my first several scores for that one being rather low (I think sightread was 3 stars).
  • Sightread FC on I Hear the Dead, bass. Not bad!
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner

I gold-starred Back From the Dead and Icky Thump on guitar, and upped my high score on Hour of Rats from four stars to five stars.

Three things I'll never do. But congratulations! :) B)
  • I got crimson stars on Are We the Waiting/St. Jimmy on brutal vocals. I still remember struggling to get gold stars on that song on any instrument for the GDRB achievement.
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner

I gold-starred Back From the Dead and Icky Thump on guitar, and upped my high score on Hour of Rats from four stars to five stars.

Three things I'll never do. But congratulations! :) B)
    I don’t know anything about your skill level, but like a year ago, I thought those were all out of my reach too.
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    Several new bass FCs, as well as a #1, #2, and a couple #3 overall scores. Also finally got gold on Crazy Babies which was enough to gain another skill point, up to 960.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    edited June 12

This! This is definitely my rock band victory for this week, i have never even been able to 5-star it on expert before this week, i must have played it 10 times in a row to learn the notes but i did it! I finally gold-starred it!!
  • edited June 16

There's an inside joke between me, myself, and I regarding high scores. @TheStuddz has seemingly every high score amongst myself and my friends. I'm not great at this game, but occasionally I'll have a nice run on a song, only to find out I fell some ridiculous amount short of Studdz. So I actually beat 2 of his scores tonight! But yes, I realize he 1) probably hasn't played these songs in a while and 2) could turn RB on right now and destroy my score :)

(in case it wasn't clear, this is a joke and all in good fun) :p
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    KidSleez said:

There's an inside joke between me, myself, and I regarding high scores. @TheStuddz has seemingly every high score amongst myself and my friends. I'm not great at this game, but occasionally I'll have a nice run on a song, only to find out I fell some ridiculous amount short of Studdz. So I actually beat 2 of his scores tonight! But yes, I realize he 1) probably hasn't played these songs in a while and 2) could turn RB on right now and destroy my score :)

I did not realize I was the subject of an inside joke! But keep it up, I'm proud of you and can't wait to see you take me down some more!
  • TheStuddz said:

KidSleez said:

I did not realize I was the subject of an inside joke! But keep it up, I'm proud of you and can't wait to see you take me down some more!
    You have practically every high score amongst myself, my friends, and crew mates and it makes me laugh when I get to the results screen because I know you'll be at the top! :)

Appreciate the kind words and I'll take my fluky victories wherever I can! I don't anticipate ever beating one of your legit great scores though.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    So y'all did an IRL playthrough? Nice!
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    LoopyChew said:

Well, they do live together :p
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

LoopyChew said:

Well, they do live together :p
    ...I missed that. But that makes so much sense now.
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    Got this today:

Took me around 20 attempts just to get past the lanes in the intro!
  • CAL022 said:

Took me around 20 attempts just to get past the lanes in the intro!

But I FIXED those!