DLC Discussion Thread: Anamanaguchi and JoCo!

Comments

• razor63razor63 Unsigned
    Again? Again. Oh well, I'll pass. Hopefully we'll get something new soon, but I'll guess we'll see.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Opening Act
    A few years to late to cash in on a Code Monkey's tie in? No way
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    Not really theft, but I get the idea. When you see something on the curb you assume it's being tossed.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited June 13
    A friend of mine was excited to bring me a busted GH drum set last year, he found it sitting by the curb. It had no kick pedal and the wires to 2 of the "cymbals" were frayed, but surely that would be an easy fix, right? Well, I never got around to trying, and I eventually just tossed it. I appreciated the thought though.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    So I'm guessing this week's challenge is going to be 2012 plus the first few months of 2013. I wonder if they'll repeat the Green Day songs from 2010 since they were all re-released as DLC in 2012. Probably not though.
  • I don't usually have much of an opinion on the spotlight songs, but I would be disappointed af if American Pie's not one of them if it is a 2012-2013 theme.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    tdc002 said:

So I'm guessing this week's challenge is going to be 2012 plus the first few months of 2013. I wonder if they'll repeat the Green Day songs from 2010 since they were all re-released as DLC in 2012. Probably not though.

Yeah my guess for the next few is:
    2012-2013
    2015-2016
    2017-2018

Is there one more after that?
  • tdc002 said:

Given the repeats of stuff like the HMX RB2 songs (2008 and 2011) and Track Pack timed exclusives (2009 and 2010), I would expect all Green Day songs except Still Breathing to appear in challenge 6.
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    No challenge announcement yet?!
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

tdc002 said:

Given the repeats of stuff like the HMX RB2 songs (2008 and 2011) and Track Pack timed exclusives (2009 and 2010), I would expect all Green Day songs except Still Breathing to appear in challenge 6.
    Except Still Breathing and the two 3 packs from 2009, I'd assume.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited June 14

@tdc002 The 21st Century Breakdown album pack contains the entire album so just like how the 6 2009 DLC was in the 2010 challenge due to the GDRB Plus edition, I think those 6 songs will also be in challenge 6 due to the album pack.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Code Monkey - It’s a bit cheesy, but I’ll rebuy. Chiptunes? Don’t think I bought any previously (that I remember)... and not starting now.
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    On second thought, I preferred when the challenge was unannounced!
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    Really?!?! No American Pie for the challenge that ends that generation of rock band? Well that's sad.. Oh well i'll play it anyways haha
  • Lanes actually work this time so Dead Black and Falling Away From Me will be less luck based.
  • patl175 said:

Really?!?! No American Pie for the challenge that ends that generation of rock band? Well that's sad.. Oh well i'll play it anyways haha

No, but it is one of the sale songs this week. Per reddit:

American Pie -- Don McLean
    It's Been Awhile -- Staind
    Howlin' for You -- The Black Keys
    Before He Cheats -- Carrie Underwood
    Away -- Toadies
  • Still feels a bit weak that it's not an actual spotlight tune though, but at least it's got something of a nod.

Really surprised they've only used one pre-RB4 on-disc/rewind song for a spotlight in the whole season though.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    I must have been getting better at drums despite not playing it that much in a while, because somehow I got 5 stars on Airbrushed on a stock kit despite never getting more than 4 usually when I played it back on PS3 on IONs :tongue: . Also much more fun than I remember it being, impressive with how over the top some of those fills are considering they seem to actually have a real drummer
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I am pretty sure the "hit window" is much bigger on RB4 (to make up for the issues with calibration?)

BUT

you're also getting better, no doubt!
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited June 14
    Hmm, I wonder if promotion percentiles are constant now. Promotion to Bloodstone in challenge 5 was 80+ and in challenge 6 it's also 80+.

So like for all challenges that feature promotion to each tier it's:
    Silver - 50+
    Gold - 55+
    Platinum - 60+
    Diamond - 75+
    Bloodstone - 80+
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    If that's the case then my crew will have an easier time making Bloodstone than challenges past, whereas Diamond was harder.
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    I bought both of these on RBN, so I'm very excited to get them back and add them to my RB4 songlist. Here's hoping for the rest of JoCo's RBN catalog.
  • patl175 said:

Good news! They added it to the challenge (or was it already? assumed not since your post)
    But wanted to give you an update :)
  • patl175 said:

Good news! They added it to the challenge (or was it already? assumed not since your post)
    But wanted to give you an update :)
    They meant Spotlight.