Fritzy Katz's Rock Band 5 2018 Wishlist (With Tiers and Wishlist DLC)

Comments

• @Radiohead97 Fixed. Thanks for letting me know.
  • edited May 31
    It took me at least two days to get my Tracklist for it ready, but I can happily say that my California Rock Band is now ready to be revealed. Here's a few details before I show off the tracklist in question.
    - As mentioned earlier (By me, when I first announced this. And by @LiveHomeVideo on her thread when she revealed her upcoming Ohio Rock Band (Which I'm looking forward to), there are artists and bands that aren't from California, but has lived in (Formerly or Currently) or is born from California.
    - Also, as mentioned earlier, there will be 3 songs from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, my favorite Alternative Rock band. 3 songs with 3 different guitarists: The current one, Josh Klinghoffer, The previous one, John Frusciante, and The original one, the late Hillel Slovak.
    - This post's tracklist reveal is based on @NightmareLyre's Norway: Rock Band formatting. So, without further ado, I present California: Rock Band. :)

Warmup
    - Jefferson Airplane - Today (1960s, Classic Rock)
    - TV Girl - Cynical One (2010s, Indie Rock)
    - Pavement - Carrot Rope (1990s, Indie Rock)
    - Tom Waits - New Coat of Paint (1970s, Jazz)
    - The Beach Boys - California Girls (1960s, Classic Rock)
    - Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman (1960s, Country)
    - Wall Of Voodoo - Mexican Radio (1980s, New Wave)
    - Redd Kross - Love Is You (1980s, New Wave)
    - Slightly Stoopid - Top Of The World (2010s, Rock)
    - Captain Beefheart - Grow Fins (1970s, Rock)
    - Sly & The Family Stone - Everyday People (1960s, R&B/Soul/Funk)
    - Cher - Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves (1970s, Pop-Rock)

Apprentice
    - Michael Franti & Spearhead - Say Hey (I Love You) (2000s, Raggae/Ska)
    - N.W.A. - Express Yourself (1980s, Hip-Hop/Rap)
    - The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is a Season) (1960s, Classic Rock)
    - A Perfect Circle - Three Libras (2000s, Nu-Metal)
    - Carly Hennessy (Smithson) - I'm Gonna Blow Your Mind (2000s, Pop-Rock)
    - The Doobie Brothers - Takin' It To The Streets (1970s, Classic Rock)
    - Three Dog Night - Joy To The World (1970s, Classic Rock)
    - Toto - Georgy Porgy (1970s, Pop-Rock)
    - Jane's Addiction - Classic Girl (1990s, Alternative)
    - The Coasters - Little Egypt (Ying-Yang) (1960s, Doo-Wop)
    - Linkin Park - Points Of Authority (2000s, Nu-Metal)
    - Smash Mouth - Then The Morning Comes (1990s, Pop-Rock)

Solid
    - The Runaways - Queens of Noise (1970s, Rock)
    - FM-84 - Running In The Night (Feat. Ollie Wride) (2010s, New Wave)
    - The Tyde - Go Ask Yer Dad (2000s, Indie Rock)
    - Miley Cyrus - Party In The U.S.A. (2000s, Pop/Dance/Electronic)
    - Eagles - Witchy Woman (1970s, Classic Rock)
    - The Monkees - She Makes Me Laugh (2010s, Classic Rock)
    - Switchfoot - Bull In A China Shop (2010s, Alternative)
    - AFI - Silver and Cold (2000s, Emo)
    - The Doors - Five To One (1960s, Classic Rock)
    - Rage Against The Machine - Renegades of Funk (2000s, Alternative)
    - Katy Perry - California Gurls (Feat. Snoop Dogg) (2010s, Pop/Dance/Electronic)
    - The Bangles - In Your Room (1980s, Rock)

Moderate
    - The Tubes - She's A Beauty (1980s, Rock)
    - Bad Religion - Infected (1990s, Punk)
    - P.O.D. - Satellite (2000s, Nu-Metal)
    - Stone Temple Pilots - Lady Picture Show (1990s, Alternative)
    - The 5th Dimension - Up, Up and Away (1960s, R&B/Soul/Funk)
    - Wavves - Demon To Lean On (2010s, Indie Rock)
    - Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) (1980s, Classic Rock)
    - Huey Lewis & The News - Hip To Be Square (1980s, Rock)
    - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Century City (Studio Version) (1970's, Classic Rock)
    - Fleetwood Mac - Second Hand News (1970s, Classic Rock)
    - P!nk - Trouble (2000s, Pop-Rock)
    - Ratt - Wanted Man (1980s, Glam)
    [Yes, I'm aware that we had the Live Version of Century City at the time]

(To be continued in next post)
  • edited May 31
    (Continued from last post)

Challenging
    - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Fight Like A Brave (1980s, Alternative)
    - Fu Manchu - Hung Out To Dry (2000s, Rock)
    - Weezer - Why Bother? (1990s, Alternative)
    - Faith No More - Falling To Pieces (1990s, Rock)
    - Hot Snakes - Six-Wave Hold-Down (2010s, Rock)
    - Steve Miller Band - Jungle Love (1970s, Classic Rock)
    - Counting Crows - Angels Of The Silences (1990s, Alternative)
    - Hole - Violet (1990s, Grunge)
    - Grateful Dead - Friend Of The Devil (1970s, Classic Rock)
    - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Ethiopia (2010s, Alternative)
    - Mötley Crüe - Shout At The Devil (1980s, Glam)
    - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Especially In Michigan (2000s, Alternative)

Nightmare
    - Autolux - Brainwasher (2010s, Rock)
    - Kyuss - Demon Cleaner (1990s, Rock)
    - Guns N' Roses - Move To The City (1980s, Rock)
    - The Donkey Show - Bali Island (1980s, Raggae/Ska)
    - Van Halen - Jump (1980s, Rock)
    - Assuming We Survive - Love Is Torture (2010s, Rock)
    - Santana - No One To Depend On (1970s, Classic Rock)
    - Pearl Jam - Go (1990s, Grunge)
    - Blink-182 - She's Out of Her Mind (2010s, Punk)
    - Incubus - Anna Molly (2000s, Alternative)
    - Green Day - Revolution Radio (2010s, Rock)
    - Crush 40 - Sonic Youth (2010s, Rock)

Impossible
    - Wovenwar - All Rise (2010s, Metal)
    - The Gone Jackals - Legacy (1990s, Rock)
    - Dead Kennedys - The Man With The Dogs (1970s, Punk)
    - Avenged Sevenfold - Darkness Surrounding (2000s, Metal)
    - Social Distortion - Mommy's Little Monster (1980s, Punk)
    - Metallica - Atlas, Rise! (2010s, Metal)
    - Reel Big Fish - Sell Out (1990s, Raggae/Ska)
    - Drive Like Jehu - Here Comes The Rome Plows (1990s, Emo)
    - Hoobastank - Without A Fight (2000s, Alternative)
    - NOFX - Linoleum (1990s, Punk)
    - Exodus - Toxic Waltz (1980s, Metal)
    - Frank Zappa - Don't Eat The Yellow Snow (1970s, Rock) (The Entire Suite)

I've promised that I would release this two days ago, but I spent my time planning out my tiering, and then tiering my songs that I released it late at this day (5/31). But I'm glad to have accomplish this wonderful tracklist that I had made.

Expect the promised Pet Sounds Full Album pack later today. :)
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    From the songs and bands I recognize, I'd say this is a very solid setlist, and I'd definitely purchase this! I need to go through the other ones I don't recognize and listen through them. That's the fun thing I've found with these region-based setlists, it's fun to discover new stuff that I otherwise wouldn't have found out about!
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Listening to some of the harder songs, I'd say that "All Rise" would be much harder on guitar than "Without a Fight;" the choruses on the Wovenwar song sound rather similar to the hardest parts to "Hour of Rats" by The Red Chord, whereas the Hoobastank song sounds rather easy outside of the bridge, which would maybe be 4-5 dot on a typical setlist.

Overall liking what I've listened to thus far. My favorite discoveries from just listening to some of the harder songs include the Wovenwar and Drive Like Jehu songs. Also, the Smash Mouth song sends me back; I keep forgetting just how many hits they had, yet I remember them all fondly.
  • As promised, I'll be presenting the Album Pack of one of the most iconic and one of the most renowned albums of the Psychedelic era of the 1960s, The Beach Boys' beloved masterpiece, Pet Sounds. But first, some words on California Rock Band's details. :)

California Rock Band is exportable to my Rock Band 5 2018, as it is a side-game. So that means, all 84 songs of my California Rock Band side-game can be exported and played on Rock Band 5 2018.

Oh yes, and as suggested by @LiveHomeVideo I have updated the Guitar tiers for Hoobastank's Without A Fight, and Wovenwar's All Rise, by placing them in 5-dot (Hoobastank) and 6-Dot (Wovenwar) respectivly. Anyways, now that that's out of the way, let's talk about The Beach Boy's iconic album, Pet Sounds.

One of the most well beloved Albums from The Beach Boys expansive discography, and at the time, one of the most unexpected sounds to come from the same band that pioneered the Surf Rock scene in the 1960s. I had listened to the album in it's entirety in recent times, and I've liked it. I thought it was a beautiful album, with 19 beautiful songs from the same band that brought you Surfin' USA, I Get Around, and Fun, Fun, Fun. Anyways, I'll highlight 5 songs I like from this album...

- Wouldn't It Be Nice: I'll start off with the first track from the album, which is a song that I've listened to prior before listening to the entire album. This is one of my favorite songs from The Beach Boys' discography. It's a cool, yet fun song that makes me feel like I'm in a beach in Hawaii.
    - I'm Waiting For The Day: While Brian Wilson said that he disliked the song, and I can respect his opinion. I, on the other hand, though the song was a pretty bouncy song that got me bobbing my head. It sounds fun, energetic, and also sweet. Easily this song has became one of my favorite deep cuts from Pet Sounds.
    - Sloop John B: This song is in my Rock Band 5 2018 tracklist, and it's one of my favorite songs from The Beach Boys' discography. First time I heard it was on the Forrest Gump Soundtrack, and I loved it since then. It sounds like a song that would be a good fit for Rock Band, if we ever got it. But as of the moment, Good Vibrations (A live version of it) is the only Beach Boys song we have in the Rock Band Library.
    - God Only Knows: The first time I heard this song was on an Oldies Radio Station. Upon listening to it, I thought that it was one of the most beautiful songs that I've ever had listened to. It's mellow, gentle, and soothing, but also has a nice instrumental section that occurs after the second chorus. I would love to play this song on Vocals, should it ever come.
    - Here Today: This song has became my second deep cut from Pet Sounds. I thought the song, upon first listen, was a pretty cool, fun, and energetic song that I've enjoyed listening to. It's a real shame that Harmonix hardly goes after Deep Cuts anymore, because I would've love to play this song on Vocals, should it come.
    Honorable mentions: I Know There's An Answer, I Just Wasn't Made For These Times

And also, this pack is also compatible with California Rock Band. Anyways, without further ado, here is The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds album pack, with this week's Challenge theme and Spotlight songs...

=The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds (Full Album)=
    - Wouldn't It Be Nice (Band Tier: Solid)
    - You Still Believe In Me (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - That's Not Me (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - Don't Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - I'm Waiting For The Day (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - Let's Go Away For Awhile (Band Tier: Solid)
    - God Only Knows (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - I Know There's An Answer (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Here Today (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - I Just Wasn't Made For These Times (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - Pet Sounds (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Caroline, No (Band Tier: Solid)
    =RB2018 Rivals Weekly Challenge Season 3 Week 4: Water=
    - King Crimson - 21st Century Schizoid Man
    - Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen
    - Royal Blood - Little Monster
    =Side-Lights=
    - Def Leppard - Comin' Under Fire
    - Ozzy Osbourne - Suicide Solution
    - At The Drive-In - Rolodex Propaganda

Artists for June will be revealed later today. :)
  • edited June 5
    Here is the Artists of July 2018 (Sorry for the long delay, but I've been eyeballing Mega Man related stuff ever since the new trailers for Mega Man 11 and the Mega Man X Legacy Collections (The latter's X Challenge Mode looked fun, I can't wait to try that...)

- Amon Amarth
    - Babymetal
    - Blink-182
    - Cream
    - Epica
    - Gojira
    - Green Day
    - Hanoi Rocks
    - Imagine Dragons
    - In Flames
    - Jan and Dean
    - L'Arc-en-Ciel
    - Men At Work
    - The Offspring
    - Oingo Boingo
    - Panic! At The Disco (Pray For The Wicked - Album Preview)
    - The Protomen (Act 2: Father of Death - Full Album)
    - Queens of The Stone Age
    - Queensrÿche
    - Royal Blood
    - Slayer
    - Sublime
    - Thin Lizzy
    - Ween
    - The Who
    - And More to Come

I've got a lot of catching up to do regarding Wishlist DLC, but it's coming... I'll be posting some special Wishlist DLC that is coming this Tuesday. :)
  • - Amon Amarth
    - Babymetal
    - Blink-182
    - Cream
    - Epica
    - Gojira
    - Green Day
    - The Offspring
    - Queens of The Stone Age
    - Royal Blood
    - Slayer
    - Thin Lizzy
    - The Who

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssss

Also, I think you meant "here" instead of "hear" in the start of that post. ;)
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    Vexus said:

Also, I think you meant "here" instead of "hear" in the start of that post. ;)

He makes that typo a lot, for what it's worth :p
  • Yep, it's very easy to confuse the word "Here" with "Hear". I make a lot of typos for what it's worth when I'm trying to get things done in time, apparently. :sweat_smile:

Anyways, time for me to post the first of a large wave of Wishlist DLC that I had planned for certain days, but didn't posted because I was preoccupied by other things. Anyways this DLC was planned for 6/1 (The first day of June). It's the next entry of the Monthly Deep-Cuts series.

This one has Deep-Cuts from the following artists: Bryan Adams, Ozzy Osbourne, and The Rolling Stones. The songs are...

- Kids Wanna Rock: From the same album as Summer of '69, Reckless, is this cool B-Side that was considered a fan favorite in concerts, that it's included in the tracklist of Adams' compilation album, So Far So Good. It's a real shame that B-Sides are ignored by Harmonix nowadays, because that was the best thing about Rock Band: giving players like me the opportunity to play songs that are not released as Singles or you won't hear in Mainstream Radio.
    - You Got The Silver: Next up is this song from The Rolling Stones' album, Let It Bleed. As far as Rolling Stones songs go, this is probably one of the most interesting ones, because it was sung by the band's guitarist, Keith Richards, as opposed to the usual singer, Mick Jagger. I find it very cool, and thus I liked it.
    - You Lookin' At Me Lookin' At You: Third song in this pack is this song from Ozzy Osbourne's album, Blizzard of Ozz. I enjoyed playing the songs from that album, because they were fun to play on Vocals. This song would be a really fun one to play, because I've enjoyed it. I thought it was a really cool banger that not many people would be aware of.

So, here is the first of the DLC planned earlier, Monthly Deep Cuts 06

- Bryan Adams - Kids Wanna Rock (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Ozzy Osbourne - You Lookin' At Me Lookin' At You (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - The Rolling Stones - You Got The Silver (Band Tier: Moderate)

You might noticed that the Wishlist DLC reveal card has 3 cups in a yellow background. I wonder what could this be for...Could it be foreshadowing a Special Reward song that is unlockable in my Season 3 of Rivals Mode? :)

More DLC is coming today. (Wishlist DLC left to reveal: 3/31)
  • edited June 6
    This DLC was planned for 6/10.

It's the 5th Entry of the Rock Band The Quest series. This entry is called Fire, after the element, and it's theme is Songs in the Level 7 catagory in the Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness. Songs in this pack includes Bang Bang (Green Day), Cold Sweat (Thin Lizzy), Megitsune (Which is the Season Pass song for this week (Babymetal), and Queen of The Reich (Queensryche).

It will be joined by another pack, as well as a pair of singles following a certain theme. And this theme is Ocean, as June is National Oceans Month in the US. The two singles are Mutilated Lips by Ween, from the album, The Mollusk, and Between Something and Nothing by the Pennsylvanian indie rock band known as The Ocean Blue.

As for the second pack, this is part of a new series that I had planned for a while...It's called Classic Underground. What is it, you asked? It's a series of Classic Rock music. But not just the kind you're familiar with. Why, you ask?

Well, for example. Let's say you meet a Classic Rock fan that you've never met before... You ask him if he likes Led Zeppelin, and he'll go on and on about his favorite Led Zeppelin songs for days. But if you ask him if he likes Sir Lord Baltimore, Leafhound, Josefus, or Lucifer's Friend, then he'll be asking "Who?" Because he hasn't listened to them, because these band's Discography is pretty much unheard of by the modern Classic Rock fan.

And that's what Classic Underground is about, Introducing those obscure and unheard of Classic Rock bands to the Rock Band Community. Before joining, I never even heard of these bands, until I've watched a Youtube Video posted by a user named Dylan Lagraves. It was a top 50 list of Obscure Rock Songs of the 1960s and 1970s from bands that I might of, or never was aware of until now. And these are the first 4 bands, with the song choices in this pack...

- Alamo: First up is this Mempian band named after the monument from Texas, which is also the name of a famous battle. Featuring Larry Raspberry from The Gentrys (The Pop-Rock band from the 1960s famed for the song "Keep On Dancing") on Guitar. My song choice from this band is Get The Feelin'. I thought it was a pretty cool and awesome banger that I've enjoyed listening to.
    - Fraction: Next up is this band, from Los Angeles, who is known for the album, Moon Blood, which features a Red Moon on the front of the cover. The said album is on Spotify, which is interesting to say the least. My song choice from this band is Come Out of Her. Like with the song above it, I thought it was a pretty cool song that I've gotten to enjoy.
    - Granicus: Third band is this band from Cleveland, Ohio (And is also included in @LiveHomeVideo's Ohio: Rock Band). They are famous for their Self-Titled Album, which was illegally ported to Europe, and was sold there, which prompted the band to record two new albums. My song choice from this band is You're In America. I enjoyed it like I did with the two above songs, and thought it was a pretty cool banger.
    - Wildfire (Not to be confused with a 2010s Hard Rock band called Wild Fire): And last, but not least, is this Texan-Californian Band, who has produced one album, Smokin'. The band's guitarist, Randy Love, is the cousin of The Beach Boys' Mike Love. My song choice from this band is Don't Look For Me. Of the four songs in this pack, this one is my favorite, because it's a banger that I would've loved to play if it did came. Anyways, here is the Rock Band The Quest pack 05 and Classic Underground 01.

=Rock Band The Quest pack 05=
    - Babymetal - Megitsune (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Green Day - Bang Bang (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Queensryche - Queen of the Reich (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Thin Lizzy - Cold Sweat (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    =Classic Underground 01=
    - Alamo - Get The Feelin' (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Fraction - Come Out of Her (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Granicus - You're In America (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Wildfire - Don't Look For Me (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    =Singles=
    - The Ocean Blue - Between Something and Nothing (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Ween - Mutilated Lips (Band Tier: Solid)

(Wishlist DLC left to reveal: 13/31)
  • edited June 7
    This DLC was planned for yesterday.

July 4th, my country's national holiday, is coming. And to celebrate that occasion to come: Starting every Tuesday (Well, it's already Wednesday), I'll be posting songs from all 50 States of the United States of America.

Each pack will contain 10 states, all in the order of when they were established. Most of the songs in the pack are either songs from well known bands, or bands that I'll chose randomly on Bandcamp if I can't find one that I'm not familiar or not most people are familiar with.

So, this first pack will cover Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Georgia, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, South Carolina, New Hampshire, and Virginia. The 10 songs in this pack are...

- Delaware: Representing the state of Delaware is I Drink Alone by George Thorogood & The Destroyers. I'm glad that we got Bad To The Bone in Rock Band, and if it wasn't for Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock, then I would've never discovered Move It On Over (Which is such a cool song that I liked). I haven't heard any other new songs, until I heard I Drink Alone on a playlist video that has mostly Southern Rock songs. So, I decided to use this song, because I'm saving Move It On Over for another Wishlist Thread.
    - Pennsylvania: Representing the state of Pennsylvania is The Wah-Watusi by The Orlons. As I mentioned before, I love Oldies music, and this song is no exception. It's a fun, energetic, and catchy song that I liked.
    - New Jersey: Representing the state of New Jersey is Planetary (Go!) by My Chemical Romance. My reason for choosing this song over Dead from Welcome To The Black Parade, is because of the same reason as Move It On Over (Saving it for another Wishlist Thread). And I listened to the song I've chosen, and I liked it, as much as I did with other MCR songs.
    - Georgia: Representing the state of Georgia is Crazy by Gnarls Barkley. If we are to get any Gnarls Barkley, then it would most likely be this song (Though, I do want to see Run (I'm A Natural Disaster) too, since I liked that song after listening to it when it came on Dance Central 2). And I enjoyed this song, too... I thought it was a pretty cool song. I hope we get it in Rock Band 4, eventually.
    - Connecticut: Representing the state of Connecticut is Flash Delirium by MGM, from my Rock Band 5 Tracklist. It's the first song from MGMT that I've listened to (Listened to a part of the song on someone's video wishlist on Youtube), and the first one that I liked.
    - Massachusetts: Representing the state of Massachusetts, where Harmonix works at, is Royal Oil by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones. I'm glad that they finally got something off of the Let's Face It album, because I owned that album on CD, and it was the album that got me into Mighty Mighty Bosstone's stuff, and Ska-Punk in general. Now, I'm hoping we get this song, and The Rascal King as DLC, eventually.
    - Maryland: Representing the state of Maryland is Peacebone by Animal Collective. Before joining the Rock Band Community, I haven't heard about Animal Collective, and had only recently heard about them in recent times. I chose this song, because it was the highest charting song from their discography. I've listened to it, and I've enjoyed it. I thought it was a pretty cool and energetic song that I would love to see in Rock Band, if we ever got it.
    - South Carolina: Representing the state of South Carolina is Cigarettes, Wedding Bands by Band of Horses. It was thanks to this song, which was in Guitar Hero 5's tracklist, that got me into Band of Horses stuff... Now, I'm positive that we'll most likely not get this song (But I liked to be proven wrong), but I'm looking forward to the day that The Funeral, which was in RBN, comes to Rock Band 4 as Official DLC.
    - New Hampshire: Representing the state of New Hampshire is Bestowal of Decay by Unflesh. I had to look up for a band from this state on Bandcamp, and I chose this one. I chose this song, because someone liked it, and I listened to it myself. I enjoyed it.
    - Virginia: Representing the state of Virginia is Be-Bop-A-Lula by Gene Vincent & His Blue Caps. Again, another good example of Oldies music that I liked prior before joining the Rock Band forums. One of my favorite 1950s Rockabilly songs that I enjoy listening to. So, anyways, here is Fritzy Katz's 50 US States Selections 01.

- Animal Collective - Peacebone (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Band of Horses - Cigarettes, Wedding Bands (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Gene Vincent & His Blue Caps - Be-Bop-A-Lula (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - George Thorogood & The Destroyers - I Drink Alone (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Gnarls Barkley - Crazy (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - MGMT - Flash Delirium (Rock Band 5 Rewind)
    - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Royal Oil (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - My Chemical Romance - Planetary (Go!) (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - The Orlons - The Wah-Watusi (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Unflesh - Bestowal of Decay (Band Tier: Impossible)

That should take care of all of the DLC that I had planned for days prior. Expect Today's DLC to come later. (Wishlist DLC left to reveal: 23/31).
  • edited June 7
    And finally, here's Today's DLC. :)

This DLC for this week is a Variety Pack of 5 songs from 5 different eras of music. I noticed that Rocksmith has a Variety Pack, but Harmonix never bothers to make one for Rock Band. So I'll be providing a Variety Pack for each moth. The songs I've chosen for this pack are Ride, Captain Ride by Blues Image, Honey by L'Arc-en-Ciel, On Top Of The World by Imagine Dragons, Dizzy by Throwing Muses, and Pressure Point by The Zutons.

All 5 of the bands, in the order I presented spells out Blitz, because this week's Singles is songs from bands that had DLC released in the time when Rock Band Blitz came out (And I had fun playing the game when I first got it as soon as I heard it's delisting, because it was a very fun game to play). The 3 singles accompaning this pack are...

- Badfish: First up is this song from Sublime, from their album, 40.oz To Freedom. When Guitar Hero World Tour came out, I was ecstatic when they got Santeria, my favorite song from Sublime's discography. And I'm happy that it came to Rock Band eventually. But still, I wished we could've had more from Sublime, like Date R***,
    Doin' Time and this song, which is my second favorite song from Sublime.
    - Hard To Handle (Original Version): Yes, I am aware that we have a cover of this song, from The Black Crowes' album, Shake Your Money Maker. But I would like to get the original version of the song, should the time come, as well. It's another song that I've gotten to like, thanks to Guitar Hero Aerosmith.
    - Only A Lad: And finally, we have this song, which is in my Rock Band VR 2 Tracklist, and the Tracklist for Guitar Hero Encore: Rock The 80's. It was a pretty cool song that I've gotten to like, thanks to the latter game. Though, it's more likely that Dead Man's Party will come first, but I would love to get this song, as well.

So, anyways, here is Fritzy Katz's Variety Pack 01, the last DLC that I'll be presenting on this day.

=Fritzy Katz's Variety Pack=
    - Blues Image - Ride Captain Ride (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - L'Arc-En-Ciel - Honey (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Imagine Dragons - On Top Of The World (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - Throwing Muses - Dizzy (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - The Zutons - Pressure Point (Band Tier: Moderate)
    =Singles=
    - The Black Crowes - Hard To Handle (Original Version (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Oingo Boingo - Only A Lad (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Sublime - Badfish (Band Tier: Moderate)
    =RB52018 Rivals Mode Weekly Challenge Season 3 Week 5: Fire=
    - Fishbone - Freddie's Dead
    - Babymetal - Megitsune
    - Drowning Pool - Bodies
    =Sidelights=
    - Linkin Park - All For Nothing
    - Atreyu - Ravenous
    - Symphony X - Without You

And that concludes the big wave of DLC that I've been posting on this day. And I hope you like all of the songs that I've posted. I'll be posting special information regarding the special reward song that is obtained after finishing my Season 3 of my Rivals Mode later tonight. :)

Quicklinks to the other posts
    - Monthly Deep-Cuts 06
    - Rock Band The Quest pack 05 + Classic Underground 01
    - Fritzy Katz's 50 US States Selections 01
  • "This Announcement Will Get Red Hot! Fritzy Katz, You're Up!"

Alright, now that I've caught up on my Wishlist DLC schedule. It's time for me to reveal more on the special reward song that is obtained once Season 3 of my Rivals mode is over. In the recent times, several games based on 1930 cartoons are starting to become a thing nowadays, like Epic Mickey, Bendy and the Ink Machine, and this game.

I'm talking about Cuphead. Just recently, I've watched some gameplay videos of the game in question, and I thought "Wow, that looks really fun to play! I've got to try it!", but not just that, it reminded me of my childhood: Back when I was very young, I used to watch old short cartoon films from the 1930s.

Seeing the Cuphead game with my own eyes reminded me of the short cartoon films from that era. So, our next song is a song from the Cuphead game. In case you don't know what that game is about (Though, you probably do at this point, but I'm going to explain anyways).

Cuphead is a action/adventure game set in a 1930s cartoon setting. You play as the titular protagonist, Cuphead, and his pal, Mugman, who are trying to get out of debt with the Devil after losing a game of craps, by collecting Soul Contracts from various bosses across the Inkwell Isles. (And I'll leave it at this, because I don't want to spoil the ending).

The game's music is composed by Kristofer Maddigan, who managed to compose a really cool, yet exciting soundtrack that captures the long-gone era of music back in the time when cartoons from the 1930s were being filmed. And in regards to what song I've chosen, this is my choice...

- Kristofer Maddigan - Floral Fury (Band Tier: Nightmare)

Yep, it's the boss battle theme of Cagney Carnation, one of the bosses of Inkwell Island 1. The Samba-inspired song is what is unlocked once all the Weeks' Sidelights are played (There's still 3 more weeks left). In addition, for those who hasn't played the sidelights or not all of them, this song will also be available in 7/01, as normal DLC.

First half of Wishlist DLC for Next Week will arrive on Sunday :)
  • edited June 14
    It's Sunday, time for me to post the first half of this week's Wishlist DLC. :)

Our first half of Wishlist DLC for this week is the 6th entry of the Rock Band The Quest series. This pack is called Fire, and the songs that it includes are those found in the Level 8 Catagory of the Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness. The songs are getting harder as we progress, and these are the 4 songs in this pack...

- Beyond The Matrix: It was thanks to @Vexus' Rock Band 5 Wishlist that I've gotten to experience the sounds of Epica. This song has became one of my new favorite Metal songs that I would gladly play in Rock Band, if it ever came. It is a really epic song that I would gladly listen to while playing a RPG game on mute, because it's so good.
    - Army Of The Night: Just heard about Powerwolf while browsing the internet in recent times, and I said to myself that maybe I should add a song from them to my thread. I chose this one, because it came from the band's most sold album, and I have to say that I've enjoyed listening to it. It's quite a really cool banger that I would love to play on Rock Band.
    - You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, But I Feel Like a Millionaire: QotSA's Songs for the Deaf album has some really good songs that I've liked (No One Knows, Go With The Flow, and A Song for the Dead just to name a few). I've been seeing this song being put into wishlists for Guitar Hero games, which makes me want to put it into this pack. I have to say that this is yet another cool song that I've enjoyed. A shame that it's less likely to show up in Rock Band as DLC.
    - Out of the Black: Thanks to Guitar Hero Live (Which it's services is going to be discontinued in due time), I gotten to enjoy the sounds of Royal Blood's stuff, via the song, Little Monster. Recently, I've listened to the entire Self-titled album, and I find it a really good album. This song, for example, is a pretty good banger that I've gotten to enjoy.

The pack will be joined by another pack: The 7th Entry of the Class of Rock Band 2 Reunion series. This one covers the bands that appears in the Challenging Band-Tier Challenge for the Rock Band 2 Tour Challenges. Those artists are The Muffs, The Offspring, Pearl Jam, and The Who.

- Weird Boy Next Door: My first time experiencing The Muffs' sound was with Rock Band 2, via their cover of Kids In America from the film, Clueless. I thought it was a really cool cover, even though, I do like the original version. The song they had for Rock Band 3, Outer Space (Which is regarded as a hated song) was pretty cool too. And so is this song, which I've listened to just recently.
    - Why Don't You Get A Job?: The Offspring is one of the many bands of the 1990s that I've listened to as a kid growing up, and I'm glad that we have some of their most well known and popular songs on Rock Band. Of course, there's still some other good hits of theirs that we're still missing, like this song from their 1999 album, Americana. It's a amusing, yet cool song that I like.
    - Yellow Ledbetter: Even though, it's a B-Side. This song from Pearl Jam's vast Discography, is regarded as one of the most beloved songs from their discography (Of course, similar situation is found in the RHCP song, Soul To Squeeze, which is also popular, due to it's use in the film, Coneheads, in spite of it's status as a B-Side). I've seen some members of the Rock Band Community asking for it, which is why I've put it in my thread.
    - The Real Me: It was thanks to Fantasia Music Evolved that I've discovered this song, from The Who's album, Quadrophenia. I thought it was a pretty cool song, much like most of the songs from The Who's vast discography. I hope it gets added into Rock Band 4, as official DLC, soon. So, without further ado, here is the Rock Band The Quest Pack 06 and Class of Rock Band Reunion 07.

=Rock Band The Quest Pack 06=
    - Epica - Beyond The Matrix (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Powerwolf - Army Of The Night (Band Tier: Impossible (SPOTLIGHT PASS SONG)
    - Queens of the Stone Age - You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, But I Feel Like a Millionaire (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Royal Blood - Out of the Black (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    =Class of Rock Band 2 Reunion 07=
    - The Muffs - Weird Boy Next Door (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - The Offspring - Why Don't You Get a Job? (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - The Who - The Real Me (Band Tier: Nightmare)

Since today is also the start of E3, I have a special announcement. Tomorrow, I'll be revealing the 3rd and last Setlist Expansion for this game's Wishlist Thread. I hope you're looking forward to it. :)
  • Oh dear, I'm officially a tastemaker!
  • edited June 12
    It is hear... The 3rd and last Setlist Expansion has arrived. :)

- The Allman Brothers Band - Whipping Post
    - Anthrax - Got The Time
    - Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
    - Coven - Wicked Woman
    - Dirty Pretty Things - Bang Bang You're Dead
    - Electric Light Orchestra - Mr.Blue Sky
    - Face To Face - Disconnected
    - Level 42 - Something About You
    - Neil Young - Heart of Gold
    - Queensrÿche - Eyes of a Stranger
    - Rainbow - Stargazer
    - The Shins - For A Fool
    - The Standells - Dirty Water
    - Them Crooked Vultures - Scumbag Blues

Updated Band Tier listings
    - Warmup (Added For A Fool and Heart of Gold)
    - Apprentice (Added Dirty Water and Shake Me Down)
    - Solid (Added Bang Bang You're Dead and Something About You)
    - Moderate (Added Disconnected and Mr.Blue Sky)
    - Challenging (Added Whipping Post and Wicked Woman)
    - Nightmare (Added Eyes of a Stranger and Scumbag Blues)
    - Impossible (Added Got The Time and Stargazer)

2nd 50 US States Selection pack will come later today (Tuesday).

• - Impossible (Added Got The Time and Eyes of a Stranger)

*Stargazer

Speaking of, Stargazer's tiers seem a little bit off to me, specifically the bass and vocal tiers. I would have put it at about a 4 on bass and a 2 on vocals myself. For the former, there's just not that much that's too technically crazy that really warrants devil tiering, apart from maybe a couple of fills and the fact it's eight and a half minutes long. For the latter, I would have thought some of the longer notes, jumps between notes and unexpected melodic phrases would put things up a bit, particularly during the outro which has quite a bit of improvisation from Ronnie. Nothing too crazy, of course, but definitely way beyond a warmup-tier.

(Drums, guitar and overall band tiers are totally impossible though!)
  • UPDATE: As requested by @Vexus I have updated the following tiers for these following songs, and moved some songs to certain tiers based on those changes :)
    - Stargazer's tiers for Vocals and Bass has been updated to 2 and 4 respectivly
    - For A Fool's Vocals tier has updated to 0
    - Shake Me Down's Vocals tier has updated to 1
    - Disconnected's Bass tier has updated to 5 and has been moved to Challenging Tier
    - Scumbag Blues' Bass tier has updated to 6
    - Wicked Woman has been moved to Moderate Tier

Expect to see the 50 US States Selections 02 sometime later.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    I definitively agree that Millionaire by QotSA should be in the game, though the tiers for it maybe seems a bit high? I can't see G/B/D for it going higher than 3 dot honestly, and the vocals would be nearly all talkies. If the album intro is accounted into the tier, I could see maybe 1 or 2 dot for vocals, but otherwise I would argue it seems like a pretty definitive 0 dot due to being nearly all talkies and only having 3 pitches in the pitched parts.

Also wanted to mention that the tier for Stargazer doesn't seem to have been updated yet, though I would say to increase the vocal tier even further honestly. Dio songs in general are really hard to sing and he goes all over the place in this one in a way I think would be really hard to follow without knowing the song well, so would argue at least 4 dot.

Keep on doing the good work, it's cool seeing your enthusiasm for this and the tiers, as well as which songs you pick.
  • UPDATE: As @NightmareLyre pointed out, it seems that I made the mistake of saying that I've updated my tier, but I actually didn't put the updated tier into the tier album. I've fixed that mistake (As well as my other updated tiers from my previous post). Thanks, @NightmareLyre
    In addition to this, I've updated the following tiers for these following songs...
    - You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar: Guitar, Bass, and Drum tiers are now 3-dots. Vocals is now 0-dots. (I'll update the link for the tier later, because I need to wait after I post this post).
    - Stargazer: Vocals is now 4-dots
    - Bang Bang You're Dead: Vocals is now 3-dots
    - Dirty Water: Vocals is now 2-dots

I was going to post this yesterday, but my excitement after watching Nintendo's E3 presentation about the new Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee games and the new Super Smash Brothers Ultimate games made me forgot. But I'm going to post my next pack of the Fritzy Katz's 50 US States Selections.

This second pack from the 50 US States Selection covers the following states: New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island, Vermont, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Louisiana, Indiana, and Mississippi. The 10 songs in this pack are...

- New York: Representing the State of New York is Brooklyn by one of the 5 bands from the Firefly Festival Music Pack that we got for free on Rock Band Rivals, Fly By Midnight. For some reason, I just find that song, Vinyl, very catchy, that it keeps popping up in my head. So I decided to listen to the entire New York Nostalgia album, and I've enjoyed it. This song, which is from that album, is a pretty cool song that I got to like (In spite of the profane lyrics).
    - North Carolina: Representing the State of North Carolina is Hyper Enough by Superchunk. Though, it's far from their most popular song from their discography, I've chose this one because it use in a College Football game's soundtrack, and their most popular song had a very profane title. Upon listening to it for the first time, I enjoyed it because it sounded like a banger-type of song.
    - Rhode Island: Representing the State of Rhode Island is Mr.Fix-It by The Amazing Crowns. I've gotten to enjoy this song thanks to Guitar Hero 2, as it was one of the bonus songs from there. It is another obscure banger that we probably should've gotten when we had RBN. Oh well, chances of it appearing in Rock Band 4 are slim, but I would like to play it on Rock Band, if we ever got it.
    - Vermont: Representing the State of Vermont is this rewind from Rock Band 3, Llama by Phish. Though, my parents aren't a fan of this band's music, but I, on the other hand, enjoy this song, because it is a funky, yet jazzy song that I've enjoyed listening to as soon as it was announced as a song in RB3's Tracklist.
    - Kentucky: Representing the State of Kentucky is Come A Little Closer by Cage The Elephant. Now here is another good Indie Rock band that we probably should be getting in Rock Band eventually... Though, it's likely that Ain't No Rest For The Wicked will come before any other song (And it should, because I've listened to it in recent times, and loved it). Upon listening to this song recently, I've gotten to like it, because it sounded cool.
    - Tennessee: Representing the State of Tennessee is Blue Suede Shoes by Carl Perkins. As I mentioned before, I love oldies radio music, and this song is one of my favorite songs from the 1950s, from one of the many artists who has recorded for the legendary record company, Sun Records.
    - Ohio: Representing the State of Ohio is Go All The Way by The Raspberries, a song that is part of my Rock Band 5's Setlist Expansions. This is another good example of Classic Rock that I enjoy listening to, thanks to Oldies Radio Stations. And since we've got Blue Swede's cover of Hooked On A Feelin' recently, as it was part of Guardians of The Galaxy's soundtrack, I'm hoping that this song comes to Rock Band as DLC eventually, too.
    - Louisiana: Representing the State of Louisiana is Stagger Lee by Lloyd Price. Louisiana is known for one thing: Jazz music, but it's also known for it's unique type of genre of Pop music: Swamp Pop. I decided on this song, from Mr.Personality, because it is yet another one of my favorite Oldies radio music songs.
    - Indiana: Representing the State of Indiana is Jack and Diane by John Mellencamp. Now, here is another song that is likely to be hard to get, because John Mellencamp only lent one song for Guitar Hero (Hurts So Good, which was in Guitar Hero 5). But still, I would like to see something from Mellencamp's discography so up, one day. Namely this song, because it's so good.
    - Mississippi: And representing Mississippi is Time For People by Atomship, from the soundtrack of the 2006 Punisher Film. This is my choice for the obscure Metal/Hard Rock song in the pack. I've listened to this song just recently, and I have to say: It's quite an obscure banger that we'll probably won't be getting in Rock Band anytime soon (Though I would like for it to happen, though). And without further ado, here is the Fritzy Katz's 50 US States Selections 02.

- The Amazing Crowns - Mr.Fix-It (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Atomship - Time For People (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Cage The Elephant - Come A Little Closer (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Carl Perkins - Blue Suede Shoes (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Fly By Midnight - Brooklyn (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - John Mellencamp - Jack and Diane (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Phish - Llama (Rock Band 3 Rewind)
    - The Raspberries - Go All The Way (Rock Band 5 Setlist Expansion Rewind)
    - Superchunk - Hyper Enough (Band Tier: Challenging)

Thanks @NightmareLyre for pointing out my mistake for not posting the updated tiers on the tier album, as well as the tier suggestions. :)

The DLC Post meant for this day will come later tonight.
  • edited June 14
    I originally planned to post this last night, but I immediately decided that I should do it today instead, because posted my previous post near midnight. But anyways, hear's what I was going to post on Wednesday.

Today's (or what could've been Wednesday's) Wishlist DLC is the Full Album Pack of The Protomen's second studio album, Act II: The Father of Death, in celebration of not only E3, but the 30th Anniversary of one of my favorite video game franchises, Mega Man.

It's cool that there's several rock bands that pays homages to several video game franchises, and video games in general, such as Buckner & Garcia, The Megas, Powerglove, and such. The Protomen is just one of those many bands that falls under that catagory, but what makes them unique from the others?: Rather than doing cover of Background music from the game they pay homage to, they make totally original music that is composed into a concept album about the Mega Man franchise.

Their take on Mega Man is rather dark, yet at the same time, awesome as it sounds. I've gotten my first listen to their stuff, thanks to Rock Band 4, and I listened to the entire Act II: The Father Of Death album to see if I like the other songs from the album. After listening to it, I came to appreciate how amazing the album is in a whole. It is a incredible album, that if I was going to play a Mega Man game on mute to listen to music, then this would be the go-to album.

As usual with Album Packs, I'll highlight 5 songs from the album that are noteworthy.

- The Good Doctor: This is a really nice, yet melancholic song that fits the mood for the album: A dark take on one of my favorite video franchises. It's a really cool song that I've gotten to enjoy. In this pack, this song is tied with the Intermission, the first song from the album, into one track.
    - Father of Death: The Titular Track. The song that comes after the above is a little more up-tempo than the above song, but it's also another cool song that I've enjoyed listening to, after having listen to the entire Act II: The Father of Death.
    - The Hounds: I've posted this song on my first Rock Band 5 Wishlist Thread as a special Wishlist DLC in response to the announcement of Mega Man 11, because I've been hearing some members of the Rock Band Community wanting to see it in the game. And after listening to it at that time, I felt the same way. It's a really catchy, yet cool song that looks really fun to play on Rock Band.
    - Breaking Out: This is the third of the just listened to recently songs that I've highlighted as one of my 5 noteworthy songs from the album. This song is, like the above three, another cool song that I've gotten to enjoy after listening to the album. And finally...
    - Light Up The Night: The song that got me into liking The Protomen's stuff, thanks to Rock Band 4. When Rock Band 4 was coming out, and I saw the song announced for it's tracklist. I was like "Okay..." But then, I listened to the song for real, and then I was like "OMG, that is one of the most coolest songs that I've listened to in my entire life." What else can I say, this song is one of my new favorites and is an awesome banger that I'm glad we have in Rock Band.
    Honorable Mentions: Keep Quiet, The Fall, Here Comes The Arm

For this pack, the songs The Hounds and Light Up The Night are re-issued, as for the former, I already made tiers for that song, and for the latter, tiers already are made (As it is a Rewind from Rock Band 4) and I've already presented the song in a different Wishlist DLC Pack. So, without further ado, here is The Protomen - Act II: The Father of Death full album pack.

=The Protomen - Act II: The Father of Death (Full Album Pack)=
    - Intermission/The Good Doctor (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Father of Death (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - The Hounds (DLC Re-Issue)
    - The State Vs. Thomas Light (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Give Us The Rope (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - How The World Fell Under Darkness (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - Breaking Out (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Keep Quiet (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Light Up The Night (DLC Re-Issue)
    - The Fall (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Here Comes The Arm (Band Tier: Challenging)
    =RB52018 Rivals Weekly Challenge Season 3 Week 6: Earth=
    - Judas Priest - Leather Rebel
    - Powerwolf - Army Of The Night
    - Metallica - Master of Puppets
    =Sidelights=
    - Foo Fighters - The Colour & The Shape
    - Queens of the Stone Age - A Song for the Dead
    - Rammstein - Waidmanns Heil

Next DLC will come on Monday (Because this upcoming Sunday will be Father's Day). :)
  • SPECIAL DLC INCOMING B)

Recently, just yesterday, Harmonix announced that they'll be selecting 4 songs from ReverbNation, the website services that help launched the careers of music, which is featured in the Firefly Festival Free DLC Pack that we've gotten recently on Rock Band 4.

In response to this, I'll be posting a 8 song pack of 8 randomly selected artists from the ReverbNation website. I checked out the website just yesterday, and saw these 8 artists as their featured 8. I chose those 8 Artists for my pack. So, these are my choices...

- After Me: First up is this track by this band from LA called Misun. This band, according to their ReverbNation profile, said to blend the sounds of the 1960s with modern genres, and I can hear a 60's vibe when listening to this song, because it's a nice and cool song that reminds me of the songs from the 1960's.
    - Atlas Avenue: Next up is this cool track by this teenage pop band from California called Undecided Future. This band had won a few music competitions, such as Ryan Seacrest's TV Show, Best Covers Ever. There was no Youtube video for this song, but luckly, I found it on Amazon Music, and gave it a listen. I thought it was a pretty cool song, as I find it catchy.
    - Blinding Lights: Next up, is this song by a new and upcoming singer from the Electropop scene, Crystal Clayton. Electropop is a guilt-pleasure genre for me. I listened to this song on Youtube just recently, as I can find it there. It's a pretty cool song, too, but the above two songs are better.
    - I Don't Know: Next up, is this song by Melody Rose (Not to be confused with a politician of the same name), a new and upcoming singer from the Soul scene. Upon listening, it almost felt like a new song from Adele that I haven't heard before, it's soulful, yet beautiful.
    - Long Way Home: Our next song in this pack is this song, by Jeff Chandler (Not to be confused with the late actor, who is also a singer, of the same name), the first of two Country artists in this pack. As I mentioned earlier, I don't listen to a lot of modern country. But after listening to this song on Youtube, just recently, I've came to enjoy it. It looks like a fun Country song. I wouldn't mind if this was one of the 4 songs on Rock Band's upcoming ReverbNation Discover pack.
    - Missin' You: Next is this song, by Low Bodies, a band from Seattle, that sounds very similar to Maroon 5, upon listening to this song on Youtube. I enjoyed this song, because it sounds like a fun, catchy, and energetic song that I would like to sing on Vocals, if that song is one of the 4 choices from the upcoming Discover Pack for Rock Band Rivals.
    - Not So Nice: Our next song is this song, by Forty Feet Tall. Of the 8 songs that I've selected, I would say this one is my favorite, after having listening to it on Bandcamp. It's the type of music that I like to play: Fun, Energetic, and awesome banger-type songs that I would love to have in my Library. I hope this one is one of Harmonix's choices from ReverbNation.
    - Will The Wind Blow: And finally, we have this song, from Nick Sturms, a talented Country Guitarist/Singer. I couldn't find this song on Amazon Music, or Youtube, so I had to listen to it on ReverbNation. After listening to it, I thought it was a nice and gentle country song that sounds like a traditional country song, as opposed to a Bro-Country song that has a mixed fan-base. So, without further ado, here is the ReverbNation Selections.

- Crystal Clayton - Blinding Lights (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Forty Feet Tall - Not So Nice (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Jeff Chandler - Long Way Home (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Low Bodies - Missin' You (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Melody Rose - I Don't Know (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Misun - After Me (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Nick Sturms - Will The Wind Blow (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Undecided Future - Atlus Avenue (Band Tier: Moderate)

I want to give kudos to ReverbNation for their collaboration with the Firefly Festival Packs. These guys introduced me to 5 amazing bands that I've never heard of before (Fly By Midnight, The Bergamont, The Dolly Spartans, The Eiffels, and Jocelyn & Chris Arndt) until that pack. And I'm looking forward to whatever Harmonix chooses.

Look forward to the upcoming Weekly Wishlist DLC that is coming this upcoming Monday. :)
  • It's Monday, and as promised, I'll be revealing the first half of this Week's Wishlist DLC, just for this day, because yesterday was a holiday. (And once next week comes, it's back to the usual Sunday). :)

The first half of this Week's DLC is the 7th and Second-to-last entry of the Rock Band the Quest Pack series. This entry will be called Darkness. And the songs included are those in the Level 9 Catagory of the Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness. And these are the four songs in that pack...

- Angel of Death: One of the most well beloved songs from Slayer's discography. Currently, the song in question has only been in Rocksmith as DLC. It has never once been in either Rock Band or Guitar Hero, as of yet (And since the GH Live Mode is going to die this year, it'll probably never be in the latter). But I wouldn't mind seeing this song in Rock Band, eventually (Either as new DLC for Rock Band 4 or as a On-Disc song for the official Rock Band 5, should Harmonix makes that for the new gaming consoles).
    - Deadfall: Here's a rather interesting song that has appeared in Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock's tracklist. This song is an awesome banger that is from the album that has Snot's original vocalist, the late Lynn Strait. While the realist side of me knows that this song has no chance of appearing in Rock Band 4 as DLC, due to Harmonix's current mindset, the optimist side of me has me saying that would love to see it in Rock Band eventually.
    - Take This Life: And next, we have a song from Guitar Hero 3's tracklist, as one of the bonus Foreign songs that came with the game. Sadly, unlike with most of the tracklist from that game, I haven't been listening to this song often. Now, I wished I listened to it more often than I should, because it's a really cool banger that I've came to like. I hope that someday, we'll get something off of In Flames' discography.
    - War of the Gods: And finally, we have this awesome banger from Amon Amarth, a band that is slowly becoming one of my new favorite Metal bands, thanks to the inclusion of Twilight of the Thunder God as DLC last year. I had this on my Rock Band VR 2 Wish Tracklist, and now I'm releasing it as a Wishlist DLC on this day. And thus, I've included 3 of the remaining 4 songs on Rocksmith's Amon Amarth pack.

This pack will be joined by a 4 song pack of a genre that hasn't been repped a lot often in Rock Band: Surf Rock. It's cool that we have the Beach Boys in Rock Band 3, and there is at least one Surf Rock-like song in the HMX Band Pack. But I wished we had more Surf Rock songs. So I'll be using 4-types of songs from that genre. The four songs in this pack are...

- Pipeline: Representing Traditional Instrumental Surf Rock. This song is one of my favorites from the Surf Rock genre. It's a cool instrumental that sounds like the type of song that would make you think "A day in the beach." Of course, there's other good Instrumental Surf Rock songs like Misirlou and Wipeout as well.
    - Surf City: Representing Vocal Surf Rock (And by extent, the California Sound). Another favorite Oldies Radio classic that I like, from the talented duo from the 1960s, Jan and Dean. Of the four in this pack, I would love to sing this on Vocals the most, because it seems like a fun one on that. There are other good songs from Jan and Dean too, like Dead Man's Curve, and The Little Old Lady from Pasadina.
    - G.T.O: Representing Hot Rod Rock. Surf Rock isn't just about songs about a Day in the Beach, there's also some songs about cars as well (The Beach Boys' Little Deuce Coup is a good example). Of the songs from that variety, I chose this one from Ronny and the Daytonas, because it's one of my favorites, and I would love to play this on Rock Band 4 eventually, should it come.
    - Bloodstains: And finally, representing Surf Punk (And by extent, Surf Rock Revival). I haven't listened to their stuff until recently, but, I needed a rep for Surf Punk to make my pack for Surf Rock interesting, so, I chose this song from Agent Orange's Discography. After listening it for the first time, I enjoyed it. I thought it was a really cool banger and I'm glad I've chose it for my Surf Rock pack. So, without further ado, here is the Rock Band 5 the Quest Pack 07 and Surf Rock packs.

=Rock Band The Quest Pack 07=
    - Amon Amarth - War of the Gods (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - In Flames - Take This Life (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Slayer - Angel of Death (Band Tier: Impossible (SPOTLIGHT PASS SONG)
    - Snot - Deadfall (Band Tier: Impossible)
    =Surf Rock=
    - Agent Orange - Bloodstains (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - The Chantays - Pipeline (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Jan and Dean - Surf City (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Ronny and the Daytonas - G.T.O. (Band Tier: Challenging)

Tomorrow will be the 3rd pack of the 50 US States Selections series. :)
  • It's Tuesday. It's time for the third pack of Fritzy Katz's 50 US States Selections to be revealed. This pack will cover the following 10 States: Illinois, Alabama, Maine, Missouri, Arkansas, Michigan, Florida, Texas, Iowa, and Wisconsin. The songs in this pack are...

- Illinois: Representing Illinois is this Rewind from Rock Band 2: Today by the Smashing Pumpkins. As I mentioned before, it's been a while since we had anything new from SP's Discography (And there's still some good songs that I like from them that I want to see badly in Rock Band). So I will wait for the day that we get some new Smashing Pumpkins songs like Bullets With Butterfly Wings and such.
    - Alabama: Representing Alabama is Gimme All Your Love by Alabama Shakes. When I made my last Foreign Selections pack in celebration for the Olympics, I taken a liking for the song, Hold On, by the band in question. I immediately decided that if I do more Alabama Shake songs, then I gotta do songs that are in the Rocksmith pack. And this song came to mind first, because it was from the band's most successful album, Colors & Sounds.
    - Maine: Representing Maine is Collide by Howie Day. Back in my younger days, I used to listen to a lot of music from the 1990s on Alternative Rock radio stations or MTV. I stopped listening to this type of music when 2000 came, but now I'm regretting missing out on songs from that era before Guitar Hero, such as this One-Hit Wonder from the state known for it's lobsters.
    - Missouri: Representing Missouri is Roll Over Beethoven by Chuck Berry. I probably said it before, and I'll say it again: I'm so glad that Johnny B. Goode is in Rock Band, because I love the music from Chuck Berry's discography, and I love music from oldies radio stations. Now I'm not sure if we'll get any more from him, but I would like it to be either Sweet Little Sixteen or this song, which is another song that I like.
    - Arkansas: Representing Arkansas is the full band version of My Immortal by Evanescence, from their most well beloved album, Fallen. It was thanks to a AMV that I've gotten to like Evanescence's stuff. I've gotten the 1st Evanescence pack for Rock Band, and enjoyed playing all 3 songs on vocals. I would love to play this song, as well, because it sounds good upon first listen.
    - Michigan: Representing Michigan is I Can't Help My Self by the Four Tops. A song that I've gotten to enjoy, thanks to the soundtrack of Forest Gump. Rocksmith has recently gotten a pack for the Four Tops in recent times, and I hope that we get one of their songs for Rock Band as well, because it looks very fun to play on Vocals.
    - Florida: Representing Florida is a Rewind from my Rock Band 5 Tracklist: Cry of Achilles by Alter Bridge. Now here's another good band that we lack a song or two from. But now that we got Creed's Higher back as a regular DLC song, I'm hoping that it will increase the chances for Alter Bridge's first debut in Rock Band proper. I'll be glad to have either Metalingus, The Tides That Bind, Addicted To Pain, or this song, which I've gotten to listen after seeing it on Guitar Hero Live's tracklist for GHTV.
    - Texas: Representing Texas is Inetiatic ESP by The Mars Volta. Yet another good band that we lack a song or two from. I chose this song over L'Via L'Viaquez, because I'm saving that one for a future Wishlist Tracklist, and the former song has Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers on Bass. And I'm glad I've chosen this song, because it sounds awesome.
    - Iowa: Representing Iowa is Bye Bye Love by The Everly Brothers. As a little kid, I've gotten to enjoy the sound of All I Have To Do Is Dream, which is also by the Everlys, from a compilation of Oldies music that my family had on a Record Vinyl. And as I was growing up, this song, which became one of my favorites from Phil and Don's Discography.
    - Wisconsin: Representing Wisconsin is Revolution of Destruction by Product of Hate. This is my obscure Metal/Hard Rock track for this pack. After listening to it the first time, I've enjoyed it: it's an awesome banger that I've gotten to like. So, without further ado, I present Fritzy Katz's 50 US States Selections 03.

- Alabama Shakes - Gimme All Your Love (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Alter Bridge - Cry of Achilles (Rock Band 5 Rewind)
    - Chuck Berry - Roll Over Beethoven (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Evanescence - My Immortal (Band Version (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - The Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - Howie Day - Collide (Band Tier: Solid)
    - The Mars Volta - Inetiatic ESP (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Product of Hate - Revolution of Destruction (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Smashing Pumpkins - Today (Rock Band 2 Rewind)

Tomorrow will be the second half of this week's Wishlist DLC. :)
  • Hey, everyone. I guess you're wondering why I haven't posted anything new, even though, I've promised more Wishlist DLC for June 20th.

Well, I decided that I'm going to take a hiatus for a certain amount of time. I have something that I wanted to get done first before I resume my Wishlist DLCs for this thread, and that is...

- In celebration of the upcoming Mega Man X Legacy Collection, I've been and I'll be playing all 8 of the main series Megaman X games. So far, I've finished Megaman X1-X6 (I had the Megaman X Collection for PS2). And now I'm on Megaman X7.

Anyways, now that you know why I'm taking a hiatus for the moment. I do wanted to say that yet another RBN song that I had on this thread has been announced as Official DLC. That song in question is...

- Drunken Lullabies (The Live Version) by Flogging Molly.

Anyways, thought I should let you all know what I've been doing. I'll let you know when I'll come back. :)
  • The first Song off of this Thread's Tracklist has been announced as official DLC! :D

And that song is Brandy (You're a Fine Girl) by Looking Glass. I've first got a hand of listening to this song on a Oldies Radio Station back in Bozeman, Montana (I lived there around the early 2000s). It's one of my favorite songs from the 1970s, and I'm so glad to have it on Rock Band officially.

As usual with songs that are new, I'll await comparison of my tiering of the song with the official tiering of Harmonix from @MCSMeister.

Anyways, I'm still on my hiatus, as mentioned earlier (Already beated Megaman X7 with all 3 playable protagonists. Now I'm on Megaman X8, and currently on the last two stages of that game.) I'll probably come back from my hiatus after I see my tier comparison.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited July 5
    Alright, here's the "Brandy" comparison!

Unfortunately, nothing was spot-on, though since it was tiered relatively to your main setlist that's forgivable. Every instrument is two dots off. I pretty much agree with all of Harmonix's tiers here, though maybe bass could be dropped a dot (definitely the easiest instrument of the bunch, though). Drums really don't deserve any more than a 2 or 3 IMO, there's a fast snare roll in the song's intro that's really the only difficult part (plus an occasional off-beat snare thrown into the rhythm) and the chart randomly has you playing bongos for a bit which is markedly easier. Vocals on this one I'd say were the easiest of the pack, though I may be biased because I know these yacht rock songs very well and can sing them easily :p Guitar, on the other hand, is a bit of an unpredictable chart with a lot of random chord HOPOs sprinkled throughout; though it's the only song of the pack without a guitar solo, it can definitely catch someone off guard if they're not paying attention.
  • Alright, here's the "Brandy" comparison!

Unfortunately, nothing was spot-on, though since it was tiered relatively to your main setlist that's forgivable. Every instrument is two dots off. I pretty much agree with all of Harmonix's tiers here, though maybe bass could be dropped a dot (definitely the easiest instrument of the bunch, though). Drums really don't deserve any more than a 2 or 3 IMO, there's a fast snare roll in the song's intro that's really the only difficult part (plus an occasional off-beat snare thrown into the rhythm) and the chart randomly has you playing bongos for a bit which is markedly easier. Vocals I'd say were the easiest of the pack, though I may be biased because I know these yacht rock songs very well and can sing them easily :p Guitar, on the other hand, is a bit of an unpredictable chart with a lot of random chord HOPOs sprinkled throughout; though it's the only song of the pack without a guitar solo, it can definitely catch someone off guard if they're not paying attention.

Thank you, and happy belated July 4th. :)

I can definitely agree with Harmonix for their decision to give a 4-dot to vocals, because when I first made the tier, I wasn't sure if they'll tier it higher, because of the pitch of the vocalist. I knew the song had easy lyrics to sing to, which is why I gave it a 2 over a 4. I considered giving it a 4 at first, but I decided "Nah, 2 is fine." But once again, I agree with Harmonix that 4 suits the song better.

As for Drums, I think 2-dots is fair. At first, I wasn't sure if I want to give it either a 2 or 3. I went with 4, because of the fast snares. But I think Harmonix's decision to give it 2 is fair, and I'll accept it gladly. For the last two instruments, I'm actually quite surprised to see Harmonix tier them both 3-dots. I was pretty confident that they'll be tiered lower, because they sounded both easy, in my honest opinion.

I haven't seen the chart for the Guitar, myself. But I'll take your word for granted and respect Harmonix's decision to give it a 3-dots. Same goes for Bass, as well. Oh well, maybe I'll better luck next time for the tier guessing game with Harmonix. ;)

Anyways, I have a replacement planned for Brandy, now that it's officially DLC for Rock Band. But I'll present it tomorrow, since I need to go to bed at this time. I hope you are looking forward to the replacement song. :)
  • This song will be replacing Brandy (You're a Fine Girl) now that the latter is officially DLC for Rock Band. Are you ready to know what the replacement will be? :)

- Eagles - Victim of Love

Of the B-Sides from the Hotel California album, this one is my favorite. It was my dad's favorite as well, since he mentioned it to me. I've gave it a listen and immediately taken a liking for this song. And since I'm posting this on my dad's birthday, I figured "Let's replace Brandy with this song."

In addition to this, I've upgraded the drum difficulties for the following songs.

- The Goonies R Good Enough's Drum Tier is now 1-Dot
    - The Chain's Drum Tier is now 3-Dot
    - Progress' Drum Tier is now 4-Dot

Expect to see Wishlist DLC that I had planned originally for certain days to show up once per day. :)