RBN Delist Discussion

Comments

• coolkat said:

Wildcat15 said:

I want the two Emperor songs back as a single "classic black metal week".

I want "In the Nightside Eclipse" as full album DLC, but I know that's never going to happen.
    I find it quite funny they got Inno A Satana but not the sister song (and black metal staple) I Am the Black Wizards.

They have to be together, like We Will Rock You/We are the Champions.
  • Wildcat15 said:

coolkat said:

Wildcat15 said:

I want "In the Nightside Eclipse" as full album DLC, but I know that's never going to happen.
    I find it quite funny they got Inno A Satana but not the sister song (and black metal staple) I Am the Black Wizards.

Welp, time to request away on the official request page again!

Speaking of black metal, how many OFFICIAL DLC black metal songs are there, and how many RBN black metal songs are there? I think the only official DLC black metal's arguably the one Behemoth song we got (via the song being blackened death metal - kinda).
  • coolkat said:

Wildcat15 said:

coolkat said:

Wildcat15 said:

Speaking of black metal, how many OFFICIAL DLC black metal songs are there, and how many RBN black metal songs are there? I think the only official DLC black metal's arguably the one Behemoth song we got (via the song being blackened death metal - kinda).
    Official DLC - None. Maybe Behemoth as you say.
    On disc - Dead Black Heart of Ice
    RBN - Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, Black Metal Chef, Watain...
  • Wildcat15 said:

coolkat said:

Wildcat15 said:

coolkat said:

Wildcat15 said:

Official DLC - None. Maybe Behemoth as you say.
    On disc - Dead Black Heart of Ice
    RBN - Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, Black Metal Chef, Watain...
    I'm iffy with calling Soul Remnants tried-and-true black metal - I can tell there's some black there, namely in the vocals, but the song felt more like some really, really cool melodic death metal (in fact, I went and bought it immediately after listening to it the whole way through!). Even their Encyclopedia Metallum page lists them as death metal, if that's any sort of closure.

But yeah, black metal has only gotten significant love from RBN, and even then, other than what you listed, I don't think there were many songs. Emperor I know has two, Watain either one or two, and for the rest I'll have to go and check. It's a shame, really, because I feel black metal is one of the most aesthetically interesting genres and has a lot to offer to those that can get into it, but it's too non-mainstream and unpopular to likely get the DLC spotlight in today's DLC line-up, barring possible RBN rewinds.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    For RBN there's also "Veils" by Ludicra, which is borderline blackgaze (and often overlooked). There's also Morgwar, who have three songs. There's also Nachmystium, which I hear people claim to be black metal, but I personally didn't really think the song on the RBN was very black metal-sounding (I may be in a minority there, though).
  • For RBN there's also "Veils" by Ludicra, which is borderline blackgaze (and often overlooked). There's also Morgwar, who have three songs. There's also Nachmystium, which I hear people claim to be black metal, but I personally didn't really think the song on the RBN was very black metal-sounding (I may be in a minority there, though).

The Nachmystium song, at least to me, blends a bunch of genres together. The vocals teeter on black metal, instrumentally it sounds to me like some faster gothic metal, maybe a hint of power metal? Blackened gothic sounds like an apt filter, as much as it may indulge in the ridiculously precise metal subgenres. The other bands fit within normal black metal or its subgenres, so there's that.

I was about to mention the Hagroth song "Prey of the Dragon," that, as I remember from the preview video, you authored and tried to release before RBN shut down, but I just gave it another listen and went, "Nah, this is death metal, doesn't sound nearly as blackened as I remember it being." Good song though!
  • There was a black metal song in 3 parts, I don't remember it's name.
    Wildcat15 said:

There was a black metal song in 3 parts, I don't remember it's name.

Are you thinking "Catergories" by Ethereal Collapse? That was really more melodic death metal, at least from my gathering of it while playing it. I think in the RBN Creators site it was also labelled as "Metal/Death" on their database.
  • Wildcat15 said:

Are you thinking "Catergories" by Ethereal Collapse? That was really more melodic death metal, at least from my gathering of it while playing it. I think in the RBN Creators site it was also labelled as "Metal/Death" on their database.
    No, it was like:
    "Intro/Whatever/Something" by random band
  • edited May 6
    Wildcat15 said:

This also reminds me that RBN songs had a ten-minute time cap that regular DLC obviously doesn't have, which sparks my hopes for some songs, should they come back. Imagine playing "Veil of Illumination" as one full 17-minute song! Oh, I'd be the sick person that'd love to play that.

But yeah, the song LiveHome's referring to sounds more melodeath than anything, though, once again, I can tell there's some black influence in the vocals.
    edited May 6
    Wildcat15 said:

Wildcat15 said:

No, it was like:
    "Intro/Whatever/Something" by random band
    Maybe you're thinking of the two-parts "Dawn (Blood Saga I)/Through the Maelström" by Morgwar (whom I already mentioned)? I'm looking at the Wikipedia list of songs and I'm not finding anything that fits that description so far, will edit if I do find anything.

EDIT: There's also a few songs by Nightrage that have multiple parts, but they're also melodic death metal (maybe some black metal-inspired bits? Not sure), I can't seem to find any other officially released songs that are three-part, other than Battle of Egos by Winter Crescent (a prog metal song).
  • Yes, it was Morgwar!

I find it now that it's delisted, FML
  • TheStuddz said:

Did anyone else here own the Trews songs? I figure they're a very long shot, but I'd love to get those back. The Trews aren't as big as the Tragically Hip, but they're much bigger here in Canada than they are in the States and elsewhere.

Yeah I have the Trews songs in the game.. Hold Me In Your Arms is solid, but the other 2 offerings are head-scratchers.. They have like 12-15 songs I’d rather have than those two.. Probably more.. Good band.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited May 9

TheStuddz said:

Did anyone else here own the Trews songs? I figure they're a very long shot, but I'd love to get those back. The Trews aren't as big as the Tragically Hip, but they're much bigger here in Canada than they are in the States and elsewhere.

Yeah I have the Trews songs in the game.. Hold Me In Your Arms is solid, but the other 2 offerings are head-scratchers.. They have like 12-15 songs I’d rather have than those two.. Probably more.. Good band.
    "HMiYA" is the only one I could ever see coming back, but I wouldn't bet a single dollar on it happening. "Hope & Ruin" was a pretty big hit and got a ton of radio play in my hometown, so I get why they added that one, but "People of the Deer" wasn't even a single as far as I know. There are way more songs I'd have gotten over that one too.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited May 9
    The Ludicra, Emperor and Nachtmystium songs would make for an amazing black metal week if they ever decide to go for that niche

Oh and Watain too, but then you’d be stretching a “week” of stuff
    How could I forget, "Where the Light Was Born (Thule Ultima A Sole Noben Habens)" by Bornholm? Chart for it isn't great, but the song itself is fantastic.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    coolkat said:

Let's, let's sing along~

To a cheesy pop song~

And the world will sing along~

To our cheesy song~

If Studdz wants his Tragically Hip, I just want my Talking Fish.

TheStuddz said:

coolkat said:

Let's, let's sing along~

To a cheesy pop song~

And the world will sing along~

To our cheesy song~

If Studdz wants his Tragically Hip, I just want my Talking Fish.

As the Hip is to Canada, ATF is to the RB Forums.
    I spent some time re-recording the instrumentals to “Mailman” to make a “Rock Band Version” of it to submit into the ReverbNation that was on the Rock Band Twitter. Includes a sick guitar solo and everything. I figure I might as well branch out since they don’t seem to be interested in our old RBN stuff.