Completing Guardians of the Galaxy's Awesome Mix Volumes 1 and 2

I think between Yacht Rock 01 giving us a second song from Vol. 2 and requests popping up for other songs in these lists, it's time I stopped keeping track of this in someone's vague USL thread and doing it with the rest of the "completing" thread. With that:

Overall: 7/26 (26%)

Volume 1: 5/12 (42%)
1. "Hooked on a Feeling" - Blue Swede - DLC
2. "Go All the Way" - Raspberries
3. "Spirit in the Sky" - Norman Greenbaum - RB2
4. "Moonage Daydream" - David Bowie - DLC
5. "Fooled Around and Fell in Love" - Elvin Bishop
6. "I'm Not in Love" - 10cc
7. "I Want You Back" - The Jackson 5 - Lego RB/Rewind DLC
8. "Come and Get Your Love" - Redbone
9. "Cherry Bomb" - The Runaways - DLC (in-house cover version)
10. "Escape (The Piña Colada Song)" - Rupert Holmes
11. "O-o-h Child" - Five Stairsteps
12. "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" - Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell

Volume 2: 2/14 (14%)
1. "Mr. Blue Sky" - Electric Light Orchestra
2. "Fox on the Run" - Sweet
3. "Lake Shore Drive" - Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah
4. "The Chain" - Fleetwood Mac
5. "Bring It on Home to Me" - Sam Cooke
6. "Southern Nights" - Glen Campbell
7. "My Sweet Lord" - George Harrison
8. "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)" - Looking Glass - DLC
9. "Come a Little Bit Closer" - Jay and the Americans
10. "Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang" - Silver
11. "Surrender" - Cheap Trick - DLC (live version)
12. "Father and Son" - Cat Stevens
13. "Flash Light" - Parliament
14. "Guardians Inferno" - The Sneepers featuring David Hasselhoff

Comments

• thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

I'd gladly take all of these, but in particular, I want Mr. Blue Sky, Fox on the Run, and The Chain.

My big four are those three and “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”, because dammit we need more duets.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I've been waiting on Fox On The Run as made famous by The Sweet since RB2 so I could get the auto-generated Sweet challenge.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    The Chain is my biggest want.
    However, I will gladly take Mr. Blue Sky, Fox On The Run, And Ain't No Mountain High Enough.
  • More power pop like Raspberries would be excellent. Let's add some of that early Beatles sound into the main platform. Especially compelling with Rocksmith scoring some Badfinger recently.
  • If Yacht Rock returns to RB with a another pack, I could see Escape be part of it.
  • RaccoonaticRaccoonatic Unsigned
    Yes, I'll take them all. Thank you. Heh.
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    In addition to the songs other people have mentioned, I’d be particularly excited for Come and Get Your Love, Come A Little Bit Closer, Southern Nights and My Sweet Lord.
  • nystargatenystargate Unsigned
    I'd float up to the heavens if we ever got Ooh Child by the Five Stairsteps & Cubie....
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior

If Yacht Rock returns to RB with a another pack, I could see Escape be part of it.

According to the official Yachtski Scale, "Escape" isn't yacht rock. That said, "Brandy" isn't either according to that scale.
  • If Yacht Rock returns to RB with a another pack, I could see Escape be part of it.

According to the official Yachtski Scale, "Escape" isn't yacht rock. That said, "Brandy" isn't either according to that scale.
    RS was able to have a Yacht Rock pack with it.

The pack was:
    Toto - "Hold the Line"
    The Doobie Brothers - "China Grove"
    Rupert Holmes - "Escape"
    Michael McDonald - "I Keep Forgettin'"
    Hall & Oates - "Kiss on My List"
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited July 3
    Yeah I know, I just mean a lot of songs are often mislabeled as yacht rock because the genre's so subjective, as HMX themselves explained in the announcement post. That scale is the definitive measure since it was created by the same guys who made the Yacht Rock webseries and came up with the qualifications for a song to be yacht rock.
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    There's really no other song quite like "Go All The Way" which starts like a stomper and then instantly transforms into pure cheese.
  • edited July 3
    Well since this got moved to USL (even though other "Completing X" threads haven't), might as well say what I'd want from it:

- Go All the Way, Fox On the Run and The Chain are already in my request thread
    - Lake Shore Drive is going to be in my keyboard expansion, but I'm not a fan of alt-charting so I can take or leave it in the four-instrument setup.
    - Not requested Come and Get Your Love, Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Mr. Blue Sky or Flash Light yet, but I might at some point.
    - Heck, I'd probably take all of them really. There's not a single one I straight up dislike, and I've got every song so far apart from Brandy (which I do intend to correct).