DLC Discussion Thread: FFDP

edited July 17 in Rock Band
HMXOwl said:

DLC Week of 7/12: Five Finger Death Punch!

Just in time for their tour, we’re adding some great Five Finger Death Punch tracks to Rock Band 4!

“Burn It Down” starts the week off, a fan-favorite track off of War Is the Answer, Five Finger Death Punch’s second album. Keeping their momentum going, the album had a strong debut and was certified platinum with over a million US sales. “Burn It Down” is a live staple, being one of the band’s most frequently played songs while touring, and makes for a tough track in Rock Band. The guitar’s verse riff is a HOPO line that the bass matches, with quick strumming opening the choruses. The drums play a bunch of double-kicks, testing your heel-toe technique.

We’re also bringing “Hard to See” to Rock Band 4 this week. “Hard to See” was the first single from War Is the Answer and is one of their strongest singles to date. It was the band’s third top 10 on the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart and also marked their first foray onto Billboard’s Hot Rock Songs chart. Drummers will have busy feet, with dense bass pedal through nearly the whole song. You’ll have to hold that cadence while hitting the fills, creating a great challenge for those developing their limb independence. Guitarists should watch out for the solo, where things are cranked up a notch and you’ll have to manage a stream of HOPOs across all colors.

And if this isn’t enough for you, be sure to head over to Five Finger Death Punch’s website to check out the new album AND JUSTICE FOR NONE and their impending US tour! 

Two of the biggest artists in rock, Five Finger Death Punch and Breaking Benjamin, are joining forces for a massive summer co-headline tour. The 32-stop tour, which kicks off on July 16th in Seattle, WA, runs through September 9th and hits amphitheaters in every major market.

Fans purchasing a ticket to the tour will also support a good cause. The co-headliners will donate $0.50 from each ticket sold to two charity organizations close to their hearts. Five Finger Death Punch has chosen C.O.P.S - Concerns Of Police Survivors, an organization whose mission is rebuilding shattered lives of survivors and co-workers affected by line of duty deaths, through partnerships with law enforcement and the community. Breaking Benjamin has chosen Prevent Child Abuse America to help counteract the abuse and neglect of our nation’s children by promoting services that improve child well-being and developing programs that help to prevent all types of abuse and neglect.

Songs can be purchased individually for $1.99.

• Five Finger Death Punch - "Burn It Down"
  • Five Finger Death Punch - "Hard To See"

* Please note that this week’s DLC tracks will be available for purchase on Thursday, July 12th.

Comments

• Lord noooooooooo!!!!!!
  • Damn, 3 song week was just an odd one out and still no RBVR progress. Nice to see more RBN songs that I got on last gen though.
  • JLynn943JLynn943 Unsigned
    Not my thing at all, but I know that they're popular, so makes sense. Good for those that like them!
  • grimripper82grimripper82 Opening Act
    Easily my favorite RBN week so far! Thanks for these!
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned

still no RBVR progress.

More to come at 11
  • MannyG14MannyG14 Unsigned
    Are these both RBN or just Hard to See? I don’t remember.
  • MannyG14 said:

These are both RBN.
  • MannyG14 said:

Both are RBN, Burn it Down was a RBN launch song and Hard to See came a few months later.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Even if Burn It Down is fun on guitar, don't think I'll grab either of these ones. I just don't like the band at all. Hope anyone else hyped for this enjoys, and also hope next week brings a bit more artist variety at least.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited July 10
    I was hoping the good streak would continue after the blessed Yacht Rock pack last week, aaaand just like that, we're back to RBN re-releases. To be honest, I didn't even immediately realize these were from the RBN considering we've gotten FFDP as DLC before in the RB4 era.

Well, as always, good for those who want this sort of thing. On another note, isn't this the first time we've gotten a 2-song week of the same artist since the Gin Blossoms week? Not sure if I'm forgetting a more recent week like that, but it feels like it's been a while regardless.
  • These are 4th and 12th according to the RBN thread.
  • ...waitin' for Kill the alarm.....
  • Yeah, so Hard to See was pretty inevitable. Ah well, I enjoyed it in GHWoR and even more in RB3, so having it and a song I missed before back are fine by me!
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

I was hoping the good streak would continue after the blessed Yacht Rock pack last week, aaaand just like that, we're back to RBN re-releases. To be honest, I didn't even immediately realize these were from the RBN considering we've gotten FFDP as DLC before in the RB4 era.

Well, as always, good for those who want this sort of thing. On another note, isn't this the first time we've gotten a 2-song week of the same artist since the Gin Blossoms week? Not sure if I'm forgetting a more recent week like that, but it feels like it's been a while regardless.

Alice In Chains! Epic week btw
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    I like this trend, I spend a little one week then get many weeks of savings.
    I spent a little last week, let the multi weeks of savings begin.

I do know a lot of people like this band, congrats to each and every one of you
    I however do not.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    djb5f1 said:

Alice In Chains! Epic week btw

That was a 3-pack wasn't it? I mean I know there was a Rewind in the pack, but it was still a 3-song week technically.
  • Vexus said:

Yeah, so Hard to See was pretty inevitable. Ah well, I enjoyed it in GHWoR and even more in RB3, so having it and a song I missed before back are fine by me!

I hope they keep the GHWoR setlist going with Band of Skulls, which is also RBN.
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star

Damn, 3 song week was just an odd one out and still no RBVR progress. Nice to see more RBN songs that I got on last gen though.

I think we should just let those RBVR songs go, they'll never show up
  • Vexus said:

Wildcat15 said:

Vexus said:

Yeah, so Hard to See was pretty inevitable. Ah well, I enjoyed it in GHWoR and even more in RB3, so having it and a song I missed before back are fine by me!

I hope they keep the GHWoR setlist going with Band of Skulls, which is also RBN.
    Don't forget Arch Enemy's "Nemesis"!
    Final tier, what a setlist!
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I was under the impression that we weren't being offered any new songs this week, because we are getting the big update instead. Or is that next week? Or was I just reading unconfirmed rumors?

More RBN songs > no songs at all. I didn't buy these particular songs on the last generation [Finger Eleven, yes, Five Finger, nope] and I don't imagine I'll be buying them now ... but I'll give them a good listen. Maybe!
  • I was under the impression that we weren't being offered any new songs this week, because we are getting the big update instead. Or is that next week? Or was I just reading unconfirmed rumors?

More RBN songs > no songs at all. I didn't buy these particular songs on the last generation [Finger Eleven, yes, Five Finger, nope] and I don't imagine I'll be buying them now ... but I'll give them a good listen. Maybe!

You read someone's prediction, that's all. The update is coming tomorrow and these 2 RBN songs are coming Thursday.
  • wafflerevolutionwafflerevolution Road Warrior
    would have been cool if they added "The Bleeding" and sold it as a 3 pack. still, I'm buying :)
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    dinoman said:

I think we should just let those RBVR songs go, they'll never show up

That's my impression too, and I wish HMX was able to comment on the issue one way or the other. I imagine that they wish for that very same thing. Licensing is hard.

We need to set up a secret signal for them to let us know, "off the record", what the situation is. How about this: knock three times on the ceiling if you want me. Twice on the pipe if the answer is no.