What were the last movies you watched?

Comments

• wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    LoopyChew said:

Jumanji the reboot. was actually better than I thought it would be.

It's not technically a reboot? The original Jumanji movie happened in the movie (see: references to Robin Williams' character in-game). But yeah, that was a lot more fun than I had expected.
    yeah I realized that right before I went to work but it was too late to change it. I liked how they didn't go the cheesy route with it being a video game this time.

• TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    Jurassic Park! Loved it!
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Watched Karate Kid for the first time last night. I actually ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would (and I expected to like it). There's a scene that tackles a subject I was never told the movie mentioned, and when it happened I gained a lot of respect for it. I say it's aged a lot better than a lot of other sports movies I've seen, in terms of being entertaining without feeling "dated" in any way.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

Watched Karate Kid for the first time last night. I actually ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would (and I expected to like it). There's a scene that tackles a subject I was never told the movie mentioned, and when it happened I gained a lot of respect for it. I say it's aged a lot better than a lot of other sports movies I've seen, in terms of being entertaining without feeling "dated" in any way.

Pat Morita or Jackie Chan? (I'm assuming the former.)
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    LoopyChew said:

Pat Morita or Jackie Chan? (I'm assuming the former.)
    The original, shoulda specified. Have yet to see the remake, I remember it getting mixed reviews, but I've noticed I tend to like a lot of things other people tend to be mixed on, so I'll have to see :p
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation

2/10

Avoid at all costs
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited July 18

Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation

2/10

Avoid at all costs

I was gonna bust yer ballz again... but after seeing your rough couple of months post in WAYDRN, decided to take it easy on you this time :) ...still curious how bad the movie has to actually be to get a lowly 1 on your scale :P

Oh yeah... while I’m here, may as well mention a movie or two I’ve seen recently, starting with:

Disaster Artist (8/10). Watched this on my flight to Chicago last week. Extremely well done... and while I admit to only being able to stomach small parts of The Room... it doesn’t have any bearing one way or the other to the ability to enjoy this movie.

Ghost in the Shell (6/10) - standard dystopian civilization fan fare, nothing really new, but not a terrible movie either.

Snowden (7/10) - took some liberties, but overall an interesting take. Depending on where you land on whether you think he was a traitor or rightful whistleblower will affect your opinion on this film. I can see him as a little of both.

Legend (7/10) - started more promising than it ended, but the best part of the movie was just seeing Tom Hardy play the role of both brothers.

The Founder (8/10) - surprised at how much I enjoyed this movie, actually. Super interesting story and unbelievably makes me view McDonald’s in a slightly different light.

Life (7.5/10) - Aliens, but different. Everything but the very end was good. Should’ve seen the end coming long before I did.

Alien Covenant (6.5/10) - Better than Prometheus... I think. But not sure why I feel that way.

Wonder Woman (7/10) - think I though it’d be better after buying into the hype... but I’m probably just not enough of a super hero (movie) fan to really cared too much about it one way or the other.
  • Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation

2/10

Avoid at all costs

• jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    Ant Man and the Wasp was a lot of fun, as expected. I didn't really remember the first too well but this one was better.

Sicario: Day of the Soldado was disappointing compared to the first movie but still worth watching if you liked Del Toro's character. The beginning was shockingly grim to say the least, and without Villeneuve directing it was missing what made the original so mesmerizing.
  • The Avengers!!!