Not able to connect to Rock Central Servers?

GraffinGraffin Rising Star
Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I'm on the PS4 in Australia, and can't Retrieve Crew Information on the PS4 or the iOS app.

It's been down for almost 2 hours so far. I've tried rebooting my router and using my phone's wireless connection as well, but it still doesn't seem to work. All other PSN games work, including the Store, so it seems to be isolated to RB4. :confused:

The app times out saying "Network error when loading login data".

RB4 can't seem to connect to the PSN Store either, but i'm able to do so from the dashboard. What the hell is going on. Not the best timing with this being the only time I set aside for contributing to my crew.

Deleted the iOS app, reinstalled, just get a Login 504 error.

Surely I can't be the ONLY one affected by this... unless the game hates me! :cry:

Have confirmation from a crew member in Canada that they too can’t connect in RB4 and getting the same cannot connect to Rock Central servers error.

Comments

• patl175patl175 Unsigned
    Yes, i'm in canada me too and i can't connect, i'm wondering if i play, will my xp be calculated when the server are back up or will i play for nothing though...
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    Thanks for confirming that. Yeah I don’t want to grind away for hours and have it amount to nothing.

Just sucky timing as I planned to put in a few hours. It’s Sunday evening here and I won’t have much free time on Monday or Tuesday.
    I just played 2 songs in quickplay with the show only songs in challenge filter on so i'm sure they were in it and it tells me the crew xp after so it might still be taking it in, can't tell for sure though
  • It seems to be completely down now. No leaderboards, no online, no contribution to Rivals challenges.
    edited June 17
    Fantastic... I have no idea where our crew is at... in terms of Spotlight or Crew XP... and apart from playing a fair bit yesterday, with today being a Sunday, it's the only other opportunity I had to really put a huge effort in before the working week starts.

It's down for me... and has been for 5 hours now :disappointed:
    edited June 17
    patl175 said:

I just played 2 songs in quickplay with the show only songs in challenge filter on so i'm sure they were in it and it tells me the crew xp after so it might still be taking it in, can't tell for sure though

I can't see that option under Filters (see screenshot below). I can't remember exactly which songs are in the challenge. I always used the app, or went into Missions, but that just times out "An error occurred while attempting to load your missions. Please try again later."

Graffin said:

patl175 said:

I can't see that option under Filters (see screenshot below). I can't remember exactly which songs are in the challenge. I always used the app, or went into Missions, but that just times out "An error occurred while attempting to load your missions. Please try again later."

Well it doesn't work anymore for me too but usually when you go to the rivals hub and after you go to quickplay, the filter is there but it doesn't work everytime, i can't tell why but right now nothing works unfortunately
  • @Graffin The filter is only present when the servers are up during Rivals challenges. If either a Rivals challenge isn't active or the servers are down, that filter doesn't appear.
    Also, i found out that if you write rock band dlc on google, it gives you the link to wikipedia rock band and you can check all dlc per year so you just look at 2012-2013 for this challenge and you got it all there! but since the servers are down i don't think it matters right now
    edited June 17
    patl175 said:

Also, i found out that if you write rock band dlc on google, it gives you the link to wikipedia rock band and you can check all dlc per year so you just look at 2012-2013 for this challenge and you got it all there! but since the servers are down i don't think it matters right now

@Graffin The filter is only present when the servers are up during Rivals challenges. If either a Rivals challenge isn't active or the servers are down, that filter doesn't appear.

Thanks guys, I didn't know that. I always went into Rivals/Missions (or used the Companion App) to show me all the songs that were in the challenge, so it's handy to know there's a Filter for it (when it was working, that is).

Yeah, not getting any XP whatsoever. Tried on Dead Black by Soul Remnants earlier and I've got a 0 skill level.

I'm the Crew leader as well... not a good look when I can't contribute. I could've put a fair few hours in today.

:disappointed:
  • Does Harmonix even put out an update....and explanation...a status? Weird with all the avenues available to push information out to users...we get nothing.
  • Usually when the servers go down, the Rock Band twitter account has a tweet about the issue and another tweet when its fixed. Don't remember what happens regarding weekends though.
  • Screwed if you dont use twitter I guess. ;)
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    I see no new tweets about this outage on Twitter. Perhaps as mentioned it's the weekend and no one is around to make an announcement about when servers will be back up. Either way, this sucks and I hope things get fixed soon.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Yep... out here in central US, too. Oh well... guess HMX is doing their part to make me a better father to my kids... off to play some games with them! ...and Happy Father’s Day to any other dads, step-dads, father figures and the like!
    edited June 17
    I think servers are back up, can't check the game right now but app restarted working
    Yeah, looks too be fixed now, though useless to me as it’s now almost 2am here in Oz :tired_face:
  • Yeah, the servers are back up.
  • PatchexPatchex Unsigned
    Servers are Still down for me, and I am in the Home town of Harmonix...
    Patchex said:

Servers are Still down for me, and I am in the Home town of Harmonix...

Working here in Oz after I downloaded the 6.060Gb update on the PS4.