DLC Discussion Thread: FFDP

Comments

• SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    Hard to See is one of those RBN songs that should of had a 2X Bass Pedal version. I know that Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock version got double bass. Good week of RBN but disappointed there is no season pass with brand new songs being released along side RBN's. Looking forward to trying out the new update patch this week.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    Vexus said:

Graffin said:

If all we're gonna get is the top 100 from the RBN, then I guess I won't be getting a good 97-98% of the 341 RBN songs I had on the PS3.

Whatever their reasoning for pushing out more hard and heavy stuff, yay... more screaming and no love for vocalists apparently. How about showing us a bit of kindness, or more to the point, giving us an Unkindness next week to make up for it (a 3 pack of A Death, Foundation and Fragments) would do nicely. :wink:

"No love for vocalists"

Bruv, you just got a three-pack of songs that are all impossible-tier smooth-as-butter soft rock songs last week.
    Mate, those songs are what i'd call "mouldy oldies" (released way before my time). The Yacht songs are not exactly songs i'd enjoy singing.
  • Vexus said:

Graffin said:

If all we're gonna get is the top 100 from the RBN, then I guess I won't be getting a good 97-98% of the 341 RBN songs I had on the PS3.

Whatever their reasoning for pushing out more hard and heavy stuff, yay... more screaming and no love for vocalists apparently. How about showing us a bit of kindness, or more to the point, giving us an Unkindness next week to make up for it (a 3 pack of A Death, Foundation and Fragments) would do nicely. :wink:

"No love for vocalists"

Bruv, you just got a three-pack of songs that are all impossible-tier smooth-as-butter soft rock songs last week.
    Vocals tiering is an interesting debate (honestly I found Relentless Chaos to be one of the hardest songs to Gold Star this year) but there wasn't even that much growling vocals last season. Just Bodies, A Prophecy and Relentless Chaos.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

Suspicious Minds was not only written by Mark James, but he originally recorded it too.

I'm sad we never managed to get the Carl Perkins Blue Suede Shoes on RBN.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    Graffin said:

Vexus said:

Graffin said:

"No love for vocalists"

Mate, those songs are what i'd call "mouldy oldies" (released way before my time). The Yacht songs are not exactly songs i'd enjoy singing.
    People who like to sing yacht/dad/classic/radio/soft rock are vocalists too though
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    Super happy for Hard to See, one of my all-time favorite rbn tracks, meh on Burn it Down, cool to see more than one track by a band in the same week, it gives me hope of having a Seether pack or week in the near future as well as other bands that have had a couple tracks on rbn (A Day to Remember, All that Remains, Asking Alexandria... You get the point any band that had many songs). Wasn't expecting the season to start with an rbn dlc week yet again, i mean i like these songs (and will buy them for sure) but variety would have been better since last season was so heavily focused on rbn
  • DrvOvrItDrvOvrIt Unsigned
    edited July 11
    ... awakes from yacht pack induced slumber. Heck yeah great week of dlc! rock on
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    Nitpicky question time. Why does "Hard to See" have the single cover, but "Burn It Down" has the War is the Answer album cover? (For those that don't know, both are off the same album).

Was it this way in Rock Band Network? Does the single version differ from the album version?
  • tdc002 said:

Nitpicky question time. Why does "Hard to See" have the single cover, but "Burn It Down" has the War is the Answer album cover? (For those that don't know, both are off the same album).

Was it this way in Rock Band Network? Does the single version differ from the album version?

It was like this with RBN last gen. Single artwork and the other metadata being the album. It happened sometimes with both normal DLC and RBN last gen.
    edited July 12

tdc002 said:

It was like this with RBN last gen. Single artwork and the other metadata being the album. It happened sometimes with both normal DLC and RBN last gen.
    Most of the examples I'm thinking of where songs have single artwork rather than the album cover are songs that were released as DLC before the actual album (i.e. "Caravan" by Rush, "Thank God for Girls" by Weezer, "Dreams" by Beck.) And even then, all three of those examples differ from the version later released on the album.

In the case of these songs, "Burn It Down" was released in March 2010, followed by "Hard to See" in June 2010, and both of them came out long after War is the Answer was released in September 2009.

Unless the single is different from the album version, using the single art just seems sloppy. I found an old video of the song being played in RB3, and apparently the metadata lists the song as War is the Answer (not that you'd see it in RB4).
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited July 12
    tdc002 said:

tdc002 said:

Most of the examples I'm thinking of where songs have single artwork rather than the album cover are songs that were released as DLC before the actual album (i.e. "Caravan" by Rush, "Thank God for Girls" by Weezer, "Dreams" by Beck.) And even then, all three of those examples differ from the version later released on the album.
    Not singles but Night Lies, Get Clean and Shackler's Revenge had different artwork (Night Lies only got the Bang Camaro II artwork in RB4), I know there's more but those are 3 that straight away come to mind.
  • TehRoachTehRoach Unsigned
    edited July 12
    At least it's not like Ridin' the Storm Out, which is listed as being from The Hits compilation album despite the studio version not even being on that album (it had the live version instead).

Or all the studio Iron Maiden tracks that have the artwork from their respective albums despite being part of the Flight 666 Rock Band Edition "album". That's really annoying considering we have other songs from most of those albums.
    edited July 12

tdc002 said:

tdc002 said:

Not singles but Night Lies, Get Clean and Shackler's Revenge had different artwork (Night Lies only got the Bang Camaro II artwork in RB4), I know there's more but those are 3 that straight away come to mind.
    Get Clean and Shackler's Revenge were both featured in RB2 before their respective albums came out (and RB2 was in development long before that). Album art for those albums wasn't finalized at that point.

This is the opposite of "Hard to See" which was released on RBN a full year after being released as a single, and 8 months after the album came out.
  • edited July 12
    Pretty nice week, though it could've been easily rounded out as a three pack (my pick would be FFDP's cover of House of the Rising Sun, an awesome cover in my eyes, but in all honesty Jekyll and Hyde would have been more likely).

Weeks like these do seem to grind some gears though :tongue: In fact, from now on every time I see someone complain about 'growl/scream' lyrics, I'm gonna go to the request page and enter in five brutal death metal/black metal/grindcore tracks, in the hopes that I can claim credit for ruining some people's fun ;)

Anyway, probably will buy these eventually, the guitar charts look pretty fun all things considered.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited July 12
    tdc002 said:

I don't know if there's a difference in the single version vs. the album version of Hard to See, but it was released before the album, and it may have been licensed before the album released (meaning it was licensed with the single artwork).

Some songs took a LONG time from licensing to release because of peer review and sometimes needing to fix something and send it back to peer review again.

It's not inconceivable it was licensed in August/early September (or even earlier) before the album and took 6 months (or longer) to go through the process.

Edit:
    Ah I looked at it backwards and thought Hard to See released in March with Burn it Down in July.

Even still, it's possible (but probably less likely) it was licensed first but took longer to go through the process (and you wouldn't want to pull it down and resubmit over album art with how painful the wait in peer review could be).

Or maybe the single and album versions differ slightly and they wanted to be accurate with what version we got.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    I know i might get hate for saying this but i would be super happy if we could get their cover of House of the Rising Sun! (If we can't get the "original" or most well-known version of course)
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Same as long as it did not limit our chances to get the Animals’ version, perhaps my #1 requested song!

I would buy FFDP’s version of Bad Company too.
  • coolkat said:

Pretty nice week, though it could've been easily rounded out as three pack (my pick would be FFDP's cover of House of the Rising Sun, an awesome cover in my eyes, but in all honesty Jekyll and Hyde would have been more likely).

Weeks like these do seem to grind some gears though :tongue: In fact, from now on every time I see someone complain about 'growl/scream' lyrics, I'm gonna go to the request page and enter in five brutal death metal/black metal/grindcore tracks, in the hopes that I can claim credit for ruining some people's fun ;)

Anyway, probably will buy these eventually, the guitar charts look pretty fun all things considered.

I would've picked The Bleeding for a 3rd track.

tdc002 said:

I don't know if there's a difference in the single version vs. the album version of Hard to See, but it was released before the album, and it may have been licensed before the album released (meaning it was licensed with the single artwork).

Some songs took a LONG time from licensing to release because of peer review and sometimes needing to fix something and send it back to peer review again.

It's not inconceivable it was licensed in August/early September (or even earlier) before the album and took 6 months (or longer) to go through the process.

Edit:
    Ah I looked at it backwards and thought Hard to See released in March with Burn it Down in July.

Even still, it's possible (but probably less likely) it was licensed first but took longer to go through the process (and you wouldn't want to pull it down and resubmit over album art with how painful the wait in peer review could be).

Or maybe the single and album versions differ slightly and they wanted to be accurate with what version we got.
    I was thinking about that peer review process thing, but I never used RBN myself, so I wasn't sure.

Another thing I thought of was maybe it was two different authoring groups, but that seems unlikely.

Whatever. I don't plan on buying either song, so it doesn't really matter to me.
  • While everyone is talking about the 'Hard to See' artwork, considering HMX is able to change metadeta as they have been with some genres, I figured they would have changed the album art to the main album, but I guess not.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    So they changed the genre of Hard To See from Rock to Metal with this one, so that's kinda weird considering the whole Nonpoint thing and all that

Also Nonpoint are much heavier and better than FFDP and we need Alive And Kicking back please

While everyone is talking about the 'Hard to See' artwork, considering HMX is able to change metadeta as they have been with some genres, I figured they would have changed the album art to the main album, but I guess not.

Might've been a licensing thing. I'm sure re-licensing these songs (especially ones previously licensed by independent authoring groups) has got to be complicated.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Also weird that they fixed the genre, but didn't change the album cover at all. They changed a few of the album covers from the 10th Anniversary pack at least (weirdly enough, giving the Bang-On-A-Can All-Stars song the wrong album cover now), so it's not like it's unheard of.
  • ZenzukiZenzuki Unsigned

So they changed the genre of Hard To See from Rock to Metal with this one, so that's kinda weird considering the whole Nonpoint thing and all that

Also Nonpoint are much heavier and better than FFDP and we need Alive And Kicking back please
    We REALLY need "Your Signs" by Nonpoint the most! :sunglasses:
    Such a great song and would be a blast on EVERY instrument in RB!

Also weird that they fixed the genre, but didn't change the album cover at all. They changed a few of the album covers from the 10th Anniversary pack at least (weirdly enough, giving the Bang-On-A-Can All-Stars song the wrong album cover now), so it's not like it's unheard of.

Technically, they changed all of the album art in the 10th Anniversary pack because they added that little RBN logo in the corner of all of them.
  • I want Crazy back for Nonpoint. Think that was the song with a cool ass drum solo in it.
    Are there any songs on sale this week?
  • tdc002 said:

Are there any songs on sale this week?

No