Best Rivals Band Discoveries

Any bands that you first heard through free Rivals tracks that you decided to check out in real life? Whether that means streaming/downloading an album, seeing them in concert, etc...

For me, that would be Animal Flag. I thought that "Sink" was pretty good, so I streamed their album LP, and I really enjoyed it! I'll most definitely be checking out their other stuff.

Who is that band for you? Recommend their stuff to other forumites!

Comments

• razor63razor63 Unsigned
    Animal Flag was my #1 pick too. It's the only one of the rivals artists that I listen to in my music rotation (and quite extensively too, LP is killer). But the others I remember being pretty solid were Bearstronaut, Fly by Midnight, and Ruby Rose Fox.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Not necessarily a discovery since I already knew of the band, but I got a lot more into The Red Chord after they were announced for Rivals. I still need to listen to them more, but Worshiper also sounds really good, based on the song on Rivals and a song I was requested on my tiers thread.
  • I have not gotten around to looking into the other songs from the bands, but my favorite Rivals songs have been

Goddamn Draculas - "Bethany"
    Parlour Bells - "Never Let 'Em Hold Ya Back!"
    Worshipper - "Black Corridor"
    Animal Flag - "Sink"
    Bent Knee - "These Hands"
    Julie Rhodes - "Hurry Up (& Wait for You)"
    Assuming We Survive - "Open Water"
    Nightmare Air - "Who's Your Lover"

I did download Worshipper and Bent Knee albums from my library but I have not given them much of a listen yet
  • I have not gotten around to looking into the other songs from the bands, but my favorite Rivals songs have been

Goddamn Draculas - "Bethany"
    Parlour Bells - "Never Let 'Em Hold Ya Back!"
    Worshipper - "Black Corridor"
    Animal Flag - "Sink"
    Bent Knee - "These Hands"
    Julie Rhodes - "Hurry Up (& Wait for You)"
    Assuming We Survive - "Open Water"
    Nightmare Air - "Who's Your Lover"

I did download Worshipper and Bent Knee albums from my library but I have not given them much of a listen yet

I would recommend checking out California Stoned by Assuming We Survive. It's a hidden track on the Chapters album, but easily their best song (in my opinion).

• only 204 views when i stumbled across this, deserves so much more!
  • I'll define these as songs now on my commute playlist...

"Skydiver" by Ruby Rose Fox
    "Collide" by Anarchy Club
  • Someone needs to make up an electronic calendar that shows when + where each Rivals artist is performing. So that I don't have to do it myself [specifically for the Washington DC area].
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited October 7

Someone needs to make up an electronic calendar that shows when + where each Rivals artist is performing. So that I don't have to do it myself [specifically for the Washington DC area].

For a while, I've honestly been considering making a thread that keeps track of Rivals artists and gets updated whenever one of them releases new music. I know it's not quite the same idea, but if anyone's interested in that I can maybe give it a go, I've just been trying to figure out how to tackle such an idea.

In other news, I ordered Jocelyn & Chris Arndt's Edges on CD!

I mostly got it so I can transcribe its lyrics (it comes with a lyric sheet), but I'm looking forward to the listen as well. "Shame" is a great track and I really love Jocelyn's soul.