A Quick Look Into Future Rock Band Updates (Future Meaning 10/10)

Comments

• edited October 6
    Is it possible for Harmonix to add it where two people play the same instrument like two bass players or two guitars in online play? I think that would be awesome if they could include that.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    bdd74 said:

Is it possible for Harmonix to add it where two people play the same instrument like two bass players or two guitars in online play? I think that would be awesome if they could include that.

They've said before they don't want to add multiple players on the same instrument. Harmonix said Rock Band is all about the band dynamic, and cooperating as a band.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited October 6
    tdc002 said:

bdd74 said:

They've said before they don't want to add multiple players on the same instrument. Harmonix said Rock Band is all about the band dynamic, and cooperating as a band.
    Agree... BUT... they also said recently (paraphrasing) that they’ve come to the point in the game where they’re not “afraid” to experiment with things and do stuff more “fun” ...starting (I guess) with the unicorn stage and the floating turds serving as this seasons rivals rewards. Whether that also means dual instruments or not (personally, I doubt it), remains to be seen. Who knows to what extent their “loosening the reigns”.
  • The stream starting in 10 minutes is confirmed to be about the upcoming update.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    If someone could keep those of us unable to watch the stream up to date, that would be nifty!
  • huh Note Track Skins? Sounds cool
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

Also track length added to select screen, and theres a mandatory filter in online for rivals challenge songs

Great news on both.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited October 9
    The track skins are cool but I won’t use them. Distracting imo
  • In addition to what's already been mentioned, the songs you hear in places like the main menu have changed to free Rivals songs. This includes the ones you download like Survive.
  • I really wish new venues... like... different venues.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    I'm interested to see the note track skins, though I'm unsure of how often I'll use them. The only feature that I think I'll really enjoy having is track lengths on select screen. Now to get album sorting back.
  • TheStuddz said:

I'm interested to see the note track skins, though I'm unsure of how often I'll use them. The only feature that I think I'll really enjoy having is track lengths on select screen. Now to get album sorting back.

TheStuddz said:

I agree. That’s my number one most missed feature. They should allow for it to be turned off for those that didn’t like it though too.
    Make it fair for everyone.
    Album Art box being bigger could be cool too. I can’t ever tell what half the album art looks like and I like to appreciate the designers work.
  • The most enjoyable feature for me this update will definitely be the Rivals challenge songs option in online being an actual filter this time. Rivals mode in general will be a lot more fun now that you can play with randoms and know for sure they'll only be picking challenge songs. At the same time this feature may make the more difficult promotions feel less grinding.
  • I just hope they haven't teased everything in the stream, but I have a horrible feeling that they have. I mean bug fixes are good, I like the idea of bringing custom highways to RB (something Harmonix hasn't really had since GH Rocks the 80s and GH itself dropped after GH Van Halen), Rivals-only actually working online is good, and while track lengths should have been in since day one it's no bad thing that we're getting them now.

I'm not sure what it is, but it just feels like a bunch of small and nice things rather than anything to really drum up excitement.

Speculation though: Could new highways be future Rivals rewards?
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 10
    Vexus said:

I just hope they haven't teased everything in the stream, but I have a horrible feeling that they have. I mean bug fixes are good, I like the idea of bringing custom highways to RB (something Harmonix hasn't really had since GH Rocks the 80s and GH itself dropped after GH Van Halen), Rivals-only actually working online is good, and while track lengths should have been in since day one it's no bad thing that we're getting them now.

I'm not sure what it is, but it just feels like a bunch of small and nice things rather than anything to really drum up excitement.

What do you mean by "teased everything"? As in you think this may be the future of RB updates going forward or that you're hoping for unannounced surprises in tomorrow's update?

As for highways being future Rivals rewards, that's already confirmed as something that will happen.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

In addition to what's already been mentioned, the songs you hear in places like the main menu have changed to free Rivals songs. This includes the ones you download like Survive.

Does that mean no more "Shake, Hiss, Rattle and Piss"??? I hope not!
  • Did they show the track skins? I want an acoustic guitar style track like that one on the last GH!
  • Vexus said:

I just hope they haven't teased everything in the stream, but I have a horrible feeling that they have. I mean bug fixes are good, I like the idea of bringing custom highways to RB (something Harmonix hasn't really had since GH Rocks the 80s and GH itself dropped after GH Van Halen), Rivals-only actually working online is good, and while track lengths should have been in since day one it's no bad thing that we're getting them now.

What do you mean by "teased everything"? As in you think this may be the future of RB updates going forward or that you're hoping for unannounced surprises in tomorrow's update?

As for highways being future Rivals rewards, that's already confirmed as something that will happen.
    I meant the latter - I'm hoping that there's some stuff that hasn't been mentioned for this update that will be in.

Did not know about the confirmation of highways being Rivals rewards.
  • In addition to what's already been mentioned, the songs you hear in places like the main menu have changed to free Rivals songs. This includes the ones you download like Survive.

Does that mean no more "Shake, Hiss, Rattle and Piss"??? I hope not!
    I rechecked and the free Rivals songs are additions, not replacements.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Months ago, when they mentioned that an upgrade was coming in the fall, there was lots of speculation on what BIG features might be included. I thought I set my expectations realistically low. Too early to say for sure.
  • silvioles said:

I really wish new venues... like... different venues.

I would just like to be able to choose the venue ourselves.
  • albert_24 said:

silvioles said:

Really? They're so generic imo. Rb1/2/3 have way better venues
  • silvioles said:

albert_24 said:

silvioles said:

Really? They're so generic imo. Rb1/2/3 have way better venues
    I would like new venues as well, but that's probably not likely, so I'd also at least like to be able to choose from the venues already in the game.
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    edited October 10
    wait
    that's it?
    bug fixes and new highways and a rivals online filter?

ok, guess I was hoping for a new game mode or something substantial

thanks for what you did do though.
    I'll be grateful for what I get
  • There's been a lot of outcry for improvements to the character creator. I'm about ready to give up on that ever happening though.
This discussion has been closed.