DLC Discussion Thread: CHVRCHES and Halestorm!

Comments

• We've come full circle!

• tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

john83 said:

Pass for me. Why have they abandoned the 70s,80s, and 90s.

Why do the years matter more than the music? Greta Van Fleet is so 70s sounding that people actually mistake them for a certain prominent rock band of the era. CHVRCHES are basically doing what Eurythmics were doing in the 80s.
    That's the thing that keeps me from really liking Greta Van Fleet is that whenever someone brings up them sounding like Zeppelin, they always tip-toe around it and say like, "Oh, I GUESS we sound like Led Zeppelin, maybe. I never thought of that." If they'd just admit they're influenced by Zeppelin, it would be fine! But they have to pretend they're super unique and have never heard of Led Zeppelin.
  • tdc002 said:

john83 said:

Why do the years matter more than the music? Greta Van Fleet is so 70s sounding that people actually mistake them for a certain prominent rock band of the era. CHVRCHES are basically doing what Eurythmics were doing in the 80s.
    That's the thing that keeps me from really liking Greta Van Fleet is that whenever someone brings up them sounding like Zeppelin, they always tip-toe around it and say like, "Oh, I GUESS we sound like Led Zeppelin, maybe. I never thought of that." If they'd just admit they're influenced by Zeppelin, it would be fine! But they have to pretend they're super unique and have never heard of Led Zeppelin.
    They stole the book "How to Sound like Led Zeppelin."
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Wrote the book.
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    I like Halestorm
    thanks
  • tdc002 said:

john83 said:

Kingdom Come used to say the same thing.
    The GVF guitarist admits to having spent a year intensely studying Jimmy Page. I mean he also claims to have done the same for Townshend, so it's not as though Zep is their sole influence, but they're not really denying drawing on Zep as an influence.

• This Will Be the Day makes its debut spotlight appearance.

• This Will Be the Day makes its debut spotlight appearance.

I called it. Yea, it was an easy one this week.
  • Visions confirmed valid for the challenge!
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Wildcat15 said:

Visions confirmed valid for the challenge!

Yay?
  • BachiG said:

Wildcat15 said:

Yay?
    Indeed. Literally the only valid song with "meaty metal growls" because we don't have Arch Enemy back lol
  • Wildcat15 said:

BachiG said:

Wildcat15 said:

Yay?
    Indeed. Literally the only valid song with "meaty metal growls" because we don't have Arch Enemy back lol
    What about tastes like Kevin bacon?
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Wildcat15 said:

BachiG said:

Wildcat15 said:

Yay?
    I can certainly see your point :)
  • Wildcat15 said:

BachiG said:

Wildcat15 said:

Yay?
    What about tastes like Kevin bacon?
    Oh right, I forgot about this one. Actually, Picture Me Broken (delisted band) has them too IIRC.
  • edited October 11
    Just lead vocals or do backing ones count this time?

Also, this is the third time female vocals have been the spotlight theme, right? And still Birth in Reverse has never been in the spotlight. Kind of feels like a "putting 2 and 2 together" thing. Ah well, This Will Be the Day is still a good track!
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    tdc002 said:

john83 said:

They got rid of a drummer and the drummer who just happened to replace him plays like John Bonham. Hmmmmmmmm....
  • KainKain Unsigned
    Anyone else not seeing the discounts on the US PSN store? o_O?
  • Vexus said:

Just lead vocals or do backing ones count this time?

Also, this is the third time female vocals have been the spotlight theme, right? And still Birth in Reverse has never been in the spotlight. Kind of feels like a "putting 2 and 2 together" thing. Ah well, This Will Be the Day is still a good track!

It makes sense to let This Will Be the Day be spotlight before the other planned RWBY songs come as DLC which will probably be within the next few weeks.
    Kain said:

Anyone else not seeing the discounts on the US PSN store? o_O?

It happens every discount week. The tracks go live at full price a couple hours before the discount goes live.
  • I wonder if the DLC being much later nowadays is to increase Rivals participation. It used to be released around 15 hours before the challenge started but nowadays it's more like 1 hour before the challenge.
  • I wonder if the DLC being much later nowadays is to increase Rivals participation. It used to be released around 15 hours before the challenge started but nowadays it's more like 1 hour before the challenge.

Developers don't update the Xbox Store, Xbox does.
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act

LeCH24 said:

tdc002 said:

john83 said:

They got rid of a drummer and the drummer who just happened to replace him plays like John Bonham. Hmmmmmmmm....
    No one plays like John Bonham.
    Settling into a guitar rhythm instead of a bass rhythm is "playing like John Bonham."

Playing as well as John Bonham is a different story.
  • HMXOwl said:

I wonder if the DLC being much later nowadays is to increase Rivals participation. It used to be released around 15 hours before the challenge started but nowadays it's more like 1 hour before the challenge.

Developers don't update the Xbox Store, Xbox does.
    Apparently, nobody updates the store. I own the spotlight pass and neither of the two new songs were available to me to install. And when I went to the in game store, it was just the three dots of death, no price and no way to download for free either...

• kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    LeCH24 said:

last three years?

Haha you even sugarcoated it. :D