October 2018 DLC Prediction Thread: Rock Band 4 is Now the Longest Supported Rock Band Game

Comments

• I predict the Rooster Teeth songs for the last DLC of the month.
  • Wouldn't be surprised to see something from Pale Waves coming out in the near future.
  • Wouldn't be surprised to see something from Pale Waves coming out in the near future.

One More Time would probably be pretty fun.

That or Kiss would be good.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    I realized I forgot to do my now patented "pick 4 songs from the top 40 and 4 from the alt. charts" thing, so here we go, but only 3 of each this time (for only 3 weeks left):

Alt. charts:

Chvrches - "Miracle"
    The Knocks - "Ride or Die (feat. Foster the People)"
    Flora Cash - "You're Somebody Else"
    Bonus: Panic! at the Disco - "High Hopes"

Billboard top 40:

Marshmello & Bastille - "Happier"
    Imagine Dragons - "Natural"
    Selena Gomez - "Back to You"

Yes we do need more Cure.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    razor63 said:

Bonus: Panic! at the Disco - "High Hopes"

I'm not a huge PATD fan, but it's INSANE to me we don't have more from them (well, really from him at this point.)
  • Seems more likely to get:
    Emperor's New Clothes (from dropmix)
    Death of a Bachelor
    But It's Better If You Do

I'd prefer something off Pretty Odd myself instead.
  • I'd say High Hopes is the most likely for more PATD if any. 3rd highest charting PATD single on the Billboard 100, it also did well in other US charts (4th in alternative and 3rd in rock) and it's a 2018 song. Here's the top 5 charting PATD singles for reference:
    1st - I Write Sins Not Tragedies (7)
    2nd - Hallelujah (40)
    3rd - High Hopes (46)
    4th - Nine in the Afternoon (51)
    5th - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (60)

The importance of 2018 being to do with the distribution of new to the franchise DLC since May:
    1972 - 1
    1977 - 1
    1978 - 1
    1979 - 1
    1983 - 1
    2013 - 1 (free Rivals song)
    2016 - 2 (free Rivals songs)
    2017 - 5 (2 are free Rivals songs)
    2018 - 9 (2 are free Rivals songs)

• TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    While we're getting new singles from established rock bands, gimme "The Rover" by Interpol.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited October 10
    I'll take something off the new Death Cab for Cutie album. "Summer Years" would be my pick.

(ok now I'm getting greedy)

... Metric's "Now or Never Now"?
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 10
    The way DLC is going reminds me of 2015 but spread out more rather than all packed into 3 months. The RBN songs represent entitlement fixes, the 2017/2018 songs from last season represents weeks like the Ed Sheeran/Vance Joy/Saint Raymond/Walk the Moon in November 2015, this season's 2018 songs so far represents weeks like the preorder DLC and the older songs in between seasons represents weeks like the last week of October 2015 (80s) and first week of November 2015 (70s).

There are a few 2015 weeks which have no 2018 comparison like the big artist packs (Aerosmith, Van Halen, U2) but the really large focus on new songs from artists is something we haven't seen much since the RB4 launch window.
  • edited October 10

I'd say High Hopes is the most likely for more PATD if any. 3rd highest charting PATD single on the Billboard 100, it also did well in other US charts (4th in alternative and 3rd in rock) and it's a 2018 song. Here's the top 5 charting PATD singles for reference:
    1st - I Write Sins Not Tragedies (7)
    2nd - Hallelujah (40)
    3rd - High Hopes (46)
    4th - Nine in the Afternoon (51)
    5th - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (60)

-snip-

I would like to see a PATD! Pack added that includes:
    High Hopes
    Say Amen (Saturday Night)
    Death of a Bachelor
    The Good, the Bad and The Dirty
    Emperor's New Clothes

I think they're more than overdue for a pack with as successful as they have been over the years and how great of a singer Brendan Urie is.
  • New Tenacious D album out Nov. 2, so maybe we'll get something off of that. A pack with a new song, Wonderboy and Kickapoo would be a dream come true.
  • edited October 12
    Can I predict the new Weezer song later this month?
    It's not very good but it fits right up the alley of the new alt-rock/pop crap that is going around.
    Yes, the video stars Pete Wentz.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act

It's not very good but it fits right up the alley of the new alt-rock/pop crap that is going around.

Man it wasn't even that long ago that Weezer was back to putting out good albums.

I'd much rather get another single off EWBAITE or The White Album or even "Feels Like Summer" than this
  • Mate, I'm glad this is a prediction thread and not a request one! ._.;;
  • Vexus said:

Mate, I'm glad this is a prediction thread and not a request one! ._.;;

My "requests" version of this month would've been slightly more accurate than my predictions to be honest. Only slightly though as it would've been the 9 non-rewind VR songs taking up 3 weeks and the other week being a Halestorm pack.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 12

How did I miss this?! Man, you don't visit the Weezer subreddit for a few days...

Upon first listen, yeah, it's not fantastic, but it almost grew on me by the end of the track or at least it made me smile a bit. I absolutely hated "Feels Like Summer" for the first few months that it was out but it grew on me in the context of the album, so I'm hoping this'll do the same.

So in summary: I would rather get classic Weezer (1994-2002) as DLC, or even stuff from White Album, EWBAITE, and Pacific Daydream, but if we're just getting new singles for a while, I will gladly purchase "Can't Knock the Hustle". Still better than the new tracks we've been getting by bands like 30 Seconds to Mars and The 1975.

Edit: A few more listens and I am now ALL IN. Funky Weezer is better than Trap Weezer, and I support the experimentation.
  • TheStuddz said:

How did I miss this?! Man, you don't visit the Weezer subreddit for a few days...

Upon first listen, yeah, it's not fantastic, but it almost grew on me by the end of the track or at least it made me smile a bit. I absolutely hated "Feels Like Summer" for the first few months that it was out but it grew on me in the context of the album, so I'm hoping this'll do the same.

So in summary: I would rather get classic Weezer (1994-2002) as DLC, or even stuff from White Album, EWBAITE, and Pacific Daydream, but if we're just getting new singles for a while, I will gladly purchase "Can't Knock the Hustle". Still better than the new tracks we've been getting by bands like 30 Seconds to Mars and The 1975.

Edit: A few more listens and I am now ALL IN. Funky Weezer is better than Trap Weezer, and I support the experimentation.
    It's on The Black Album, so who knows how many if any we get.
  • TheStuddz said:

Whoa, Can't Knock the Hustle is great! I'm OK with Weezer doing songs like this because they've always experimented with different sounds and expanded genres. I wouldn't mind having this in RB.

The video is pretty damn funny too!
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

I'm really not a huge fan of the new single, but I'm also not really a fan of ANY of Weezer's more pop-oriented stuff. I wish we'd get another song or two off The White Album. That was easily one of their best albums since the 2000s, IMO.
  • Look at Thank God For Girls, that was a rather poppy start to The White Album yet look how the whole thing turned out.
  • djb5f1 said:

There is only one Black album, sad but true.

Death to False Metal!
  • edited October 12

Look at Thank God For Girls, that was a rather poppy start to The White Album yet look how the whole thing turned out.

Awesome guitar songs that we need in RB4 especially "L.A. Girlz" and "Do You Wanna Get High?"
  • edited October 12
    Speaking of Guitar Songs, Roadrunner Records is giving out a Rock Band 4 Bundle Pack as a prize for those who follow them and their Slaylist. It's possible that we might get a song off of that.

You can check it out here.
  • The bigger news of that is that HMX somehow still has Rivals bundles to give out. This hardware situation doesn't make any sense, they're not being sold anymore yet HMX is still able to hand them out for giveaways.
This discussion has been closed.