Vocalists of all types... What was the hardest song for you to Full Combo in Rock Band?

edited November 1 in Rock Band
Singers of all types and difficulties,
What song took the most out of you and why?

My personal choice (and probably a popular cliche choice) is Bohehiam Rhapsody.
It took me nearly 2 full years to achieve a full combo on Bohrap expert vocals.
To this date, I am still never able to full combo it with any confidence.
I was extremely happy when I finally did it.
Luckily for you I even recorded my first ever FC of it.

My 2 runner up choices would be Good Vibrations (Live) and High Voltage (Live).

Comments

• edited October 30
    The hardest song that took the most out of me would have to be Excuse Me Mister by No Doubt. I struggled with this song a lot the first time I've played it on Vocals (But I am getting better with it).
  • The hardest song that took the most out of me would have to be Excuse Me Mister by No Doubt. I struggled with this song a lot the first time I've played it on Vocals (But I am getting better with it).

Wow you just reminded me of that song! I still struggle with that one! The constant pitch changes with the fast tempo and short phrases are so tough!
    Nice pick indeed.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Make Some Noise by the Beastie Boys threw me for a loop!
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    Spoonman... took me so many tries to Gold Star it on Expert over many months of trying and giving up. Finally got it.
  • I don't think I've ever FC'd Good Vibrations or Pinball Wizard, which is upsetting cause I love both of those songs.

Painkiller by Judas Priest was always tough for me as well.

Back during the RB1 days I never could do I Get By or Can't Let Go. I think I also only managed to FC Reptilia once.

Honestly, there's a bunch I've never been able to FC. Low Rider...Stigmata....Tribute, pretty much everything by The Cure. There's once section in Jesus of Surburbia that I always mess up that's about 7 minutes in. I spent about 3 weeks trying to get Fancy FC'd but just gave up on it.

A lot of this is me remembering from the RB3 days though. I have over 1000 songs I need to replay in RB4.
  • Graffin said:

Spoonman... took me so many tries to Gold Star it on Expert over many months of trying and giving up. Finally got it.

Spoonman is really tough!
    I still struggle with it too.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    For me, it was definitely Graveyard BBQ's "Cheat on the Church" and Commodores' "Brick House". I've 100%ed and gold starred every song in my library on vocals, and normally I can FC songs on vocals within a couple tries (usually less if I'm more familiar with a song, but I'm pretty decent at pitch-reading on songs I don't know as well). Those two songs, though, probably took me upwards of 15-20 tries to FC.

Side note, but the first vocal phrase on "Cheat on the Church" really, really shouldn't have been pitched.
  • Sir Duke and Me Enamora are the highest-tiered ones that I've FCed, and I'm not sure quite how I managed either since I do not consider myself a good singer at all. I guess they just fit nicely into my range or something! One Week's the highest one I've Brutal FC'd, but as fast as it is I never really struggled with it.
  • In addition to the ones others have mentioned, Halls of Valhalla beats me down every time.

It is the only on disc song I haven't even Gold Starred. And I can't even figure out why I am bad at it.

With Bohemian Rhapsody and Good Vibrations I know why I am bad, I don't do well when vocalists switch during the song or multiple people sing at once.
  • EmalytheEmalythe Rising Star
    I still haven't Gold-starred Magic Bus. Roger Daltrey's chaotic vocals and the random switches to Pete Townsend confuse the hell out of me. And Live at Leeds was one of the first albums I ever purchased (on vinyl in the 70s!).
  • Oddly enough perhaps for some, the one that gave me the most trouble is Du Hast.

For a while I couldn't figure out the reason and just attributed it to having an off day whenever I played it. But when I dropped my combo on the final "Willst du bis der Tod euch scheidet" I knew there was nothing wrong with my pitch as that's dead simple, and the problem was me trying to sound as mean as Till Lindemann and stressing every syllable to the point where the game no longer recognised all the alveolar/postalveolar consonants (of which the german language is full of) as having a pitch.

Now, whenever I need a good score on that song (say, for LP), I just barely pronounce the compounded consonant groups in the song and get easy FCs.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    djb5f1 said:

Make Some Noise by the Beastie Boys threw me for a loop!

On solo vocals, I'm assuming? I'm assuming having to switch between each of the styles of all 3 Beastie Boys has got to be tricky.
  • Most of my usual very difficult songs have been mentioned. I'll throw in Jesus Christ Pose by Soundgarden. Still haven't FC'd it and gold starring it took forever. Alone Time by Tigerman WOAH as well.
  • Most of my usual very difficult songs have been mentioned. I'll throw in Jesus Christ Pose by Soundgarden. Still haven't FC'd it and gold starring it took forever. Alone Time by Tigerman WOAH as well.

Both those are so tough to FC.
    They both have constant sharp/flat/off-key notes.
  • twistedoaktwistedoak Unsigned
    edited November 1
    Bohemian Rhapsody for sure. This is the only song in Rock Band that has made me doubt a fc on every single song. Only part hard about BR is that so many vocal parts were mergered to one.

Alone Time, Floods, songs that have singers that don't stay on key or follow a natural/logical line for singing are tough.

So I guess I struggle with weird charting the most.
  • tati81tati81 Opening Act
    edited November 1
    Good Vibrations (live) absolutely!
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    reptilia....
    it shouldn't be hard for me but it is and it pisses me off B)
  • edited November 2
    I think it's pretty awesome that Axl Rose tops the list of greatest vocal range.

• kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    Charlene I'm right behind you.
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    very subjective
    no Geoff Tate and no Rob Halford make this list subjective at best
    that's just to name the first two that came to mind

I think it's pretty awesome that Axl Rose tops the list of greatest vocal range.

• It's no list, if Roy Orbison isn't on it.

I'd assume he'd be Top 5, possibly even #1.
  • ekffazr said:

very subjective
    no Geoff Tate and no Rob Halford make this list subjective at best
    that's just to name the first two that came to mind

It's literally every note that the people in question have been recorded hitting. How the hell can that be "subjective"?
  • It's no list, if Roy Orbison isn't on it.

I'd assume he'd be Top 5, possibly even #1.

Orbison is on it, and pretty far down.
  • Greatest Vocal range does not equal greatest singer. That's why it's subjective. Someone can have a soothing milky chocolate voice with a 2 octave range and sound better than a screechy scratchy voice that has a 4 octave range. But then again, that's subjective because I like soothing milky chocolate voices over screechy scratchy voices.
  • I think there is a problem with that list.

It looks like they go by the highest and lowest note ever recorded in the studio. So they are really overrating the people who do multiple takes in the studio and manage to hit the note eventually. And underrating people like Roy Orbison who routinely use their full range in an actual concert setting.
  • I'm just saying, using something with empirical data and using that data to define greatness is absolutely not subjective. Whether the criteria is right or not is another argument entirely but if it's purely about recorded range, Axl Rose is the greatest one that there is data of.

Incidentally, Rob Halford's range is 4 octaves and a semitone (source) and Geoff Tate's is 4 octaves and a whole tone (source), which aren't bad by any means but wouldn't come close to topping Axl.
  • Lol

Once again, range has NOTHING to do with greatness. If your claim was that Axl Rose had a greater range than Roy Orbison on recorded notes (not what their actual range was), you would be 100% correct.

Someones OPINION on who has the greatest voice versus others is completely subjective.
  • gaiacat said:

For me the hardest songs to FC in Rockband are the ones that forces you to sing the parts of several different singers (on solo play). Bohemian Rhapsody, The Jacksons, etc. etc.. Throws me off

ABC is such a **** lol
    "c'mon just a little bit"