DLC Discussion Thread: Discover: ReverbNation Pack 01!

Comments

• ShvegaitShvegait Unsigned
    There is a charting error in the drum part of "Let's Just Dance" during the OD phrase at 1:46 in the preview video. There's a clearly audible snare that's not charted. After playing the song just now, I can say that the error is present in the chart that was released.

Is there any chance this will be fixed?

P.S. Thanks for the free songs!
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    Not sure if it was part of the stream, but next week's challenge was announced, and it's election themed.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/11/07/play-rock-band-rivals-expansion-free/

Spotlight songs are "Thinking Emoji" by Barely March, "American Pie" by Don McClean, and "American Idiot" by Green Day.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Cool to see free stuff but sadly I’m not into them
  • Clever move HMX, timing your Rivals trial with Microsoft's free online multiplayer trial.

• Just 95 tracks in the store under the Rivals Challenge Songs category. Even if every on-disc song is included (which I kinda doubt) that's a tiny challenge!

How will the Rivals-exclusive tracks work for free players by the way?
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited November 8
    It *should* be a case of "While they are considered Rivals owners they're entitled to download them, and while they are considered rivals owners the game should allow them to be played, but as soon as they're no longer considered rivals owners the content becomes unplayable as unlicensed, just like if it were downloaded by a not-homed-and-not-signed-in account".

But I wouldn't give it much more than a coin toss' odds of actually working in a way that sensible. I kinda expect that Sony-siders that download the Rivals songs, at least, will gain permanent access to them.

(This is all about the Rivals DLC, not the baked-in 24. The 24 baked in tracks have been in the RB4 builds forever now, the rivals ownership just makes them visible).
  • The DLC is inaccessible since downloads happen outside the game. Only the game has changed with this!
    Really? Was the newsletter in error?
    "
    All this week (November 7 - November 14), Rock Band 4 owners will have full access to the Rivals expansion! That's right, we're talking Rivals Mode, Online Quickplay, 44 FREE songs, Rockudrama, the whole 9 yards. As if that weren't enough, we're celebrating with a special, one-week Challenge with an exclusive Track Skin as a reward. So go join a Crew and get a taste of what Rivals is all about.
    "

That says 44 FREE songs. But if the DLC is inaccessible they only get 24, not 44.
    edited November 8
    As usual, the man is trying to keep Dave Mustaine down.
  • Speaking of Rewinds that we need... It's pretty annoying to be missing Peace Sells from Peace Sells....
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

Speaking of Rewinds that we need... It's pretty annoying to be missing Peace Sells from Peace Sells....

Yeah, but whose buying?

They won't go through the licensing if they don't think people will buy...
    Who's (as in who is)
  • Vexus said:

Speaking of Rewinds that we need... It's pretty annoying to be missing Peace Sells from Peace Sells....

Yeah, but whose buying?

I can definitely imagine plenty of people buying a hypothetical Megadeth Pack 02. High Speed Dirt, Sweating Bullets and Peace Sells would work nicely.
    Hey, why stop at 3 more? I want Angry Again, 99 Ways to Die, Foreclosure of a Dream, and maybe Train of Consequences too! :) If we had to keep it at 3, I'd like to swap High Speed Dirt for Angry Again. That's the one I want most of all.
  • KidSleez said:

Vexus said:

Yeah, but whose buying?

I can definitely imagine plenty of people buying a hypothetical Megadeth Pack 02. High Speed Dirt, Sweating Bullets and Peace Sells would work nicely.
    Hey, why stop at 3 more? I want Angry Again, 99 Ways to Die, Foreclosure of a Dream, and maybe Train of Consequences too! :) If we had to keep it at 3, I'd like to swap High Speed Dirt for Angry Again. That's the one I want most of all.
    Just because three's a pretty standard pack size and we already have two albums and a pack by them. That makes them one of the most-represented bands in RB already.
  • Talking about big names in metal, I want more Slayer.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Assuming Metallica and Black Sabbath are off the table, would like to see more Motörhead!
  • Y'all might want to give the "More Metal" thread @coolkat started a while back some love then--

Since that thread includes hardcore punk due to it crossing over with metal a lot, I feel it's not a stretch to ponder why none of the Dead Kennedys' songs appear to be in the challenge. California Uber Alles is pretty much a diss track aimed at politician Jerry Brown, Holiday in Cambodia is about Pol Pot's oppressive regime and how fortunate Americans are not to be living under it, and Police Truck is about police brutality and abuse of power. Unless I glossed over them somehow...
  • Vexus said:

Y'all might want to give the "More Metal" thread @coolkat started a while back some love then--

Since that thread includes hardcore punk due to it crossing over with metal a lot, I feel it's not a stretch to ponder why none of the Dead Kennedys' songs appear to be in the challenge. California Uber Alles is pretty much a diss track aimed at politician Jerry Brown, Holiday in Cambodia is about Pol Pot's oppressive regime and how fortunate Americans are not to be living under it, and Police Truck is about police brutality and abuse of power. Unless I glossed over them somehow...

This is the obligatory 'thank you!' post for mentioning my thread!

Anyway, good week all around! I like all four songs, especially the tiLLie one - I get some new wave vibes from it and I like that very much indeed.
  • On an unrelated note, Thinking Emoji makes me miss the HOPO-cidal Maniac achievement.
  • Really? Was the newsletter in error?
    "
    All this week (November 7 - November 14), Rock Band 4 owners will have full access to the Rivals expansion! That's right, we're talking Rivals Mode, Online Quickplay, 44 FREE songs, Rockudrama, the whole 9 yards. As if that weren't enough, we're celebrating with a special, one-week Challenge with an exclusive Track Skin as a reward. So go join a Crew and get a taste of what Rivals is all about.
    "

That says 44 FREE songs. But if the DLC is inaccessible they only get 24, not 44.

They corrected it with a tweet:

• Thinking Emoji has an incredible guitar chart, but it took me like seven restarts to just barely scrape out a five-star performance on vocals.
  • I found out more info about the badge:
    - It doesn't appear in missions until you've played 1 song from the pack in a band
    - By band, it means 2 or more players (doesn't have to be a full band but playing solo isn't enough)
  • I found out more info about the badge:
    - It doesn't appear in missions until you've played 1 song from the pack in a band
    - By band, it means 2 or more players (doesn't have to be a full band but playing solo isn't enough)

Is it bassvox time? I think it's bassvox time.