DLC Discussion Thread: Two. Of. Hearts.

edited December 11 in Rock Band
HMXOwl said:

DLC Week of 12/06: Heart!

Two hearts beat as one this week with two monster hits from Heart in Rock Band 4!

“Crazy On You” was America’s first exposure to Heart, after a pair of singles from Dreamboat Annie were released in Canada prior to the American release. The song reached the top 40 of the Billboard Hot 100, but as everyone knows, it has grown far beyond that and is now one of the most memorable songs of the ‘70s. “Crazy On You” is a staple for the band and classic rock radio. The song kicks off with a quick acoustic line and heads into great parts for everyone. The guitar part is one of the most iconic progressions in rock, while drummers will be caught by the hi-hat work in the choruses. It’s also some of the strongest vocals Ann Wilson has ever performed, so expect a huge range to cover with little time to prepare.

Next up is “Magic Man”, which was released as the group’s second single in the United States. A continued climb in popularity helped make “Magic Man” a top 10 hit on both the Hot 100 and the Cash Box Top 100, cementing the band’s success from their very first album. Again, “Magic Man” makes for another enduring ‘70s release, and there are frequent debates on which of these two songs is more loved. Considered by some to be among the best vocal performances in all of music, it’s amazing for vocalists looking for a challenge OR those looking to belt it out at parties! You’ll also find great guitar work (no surprise there), with a quick guitar solo and before you know it, another longer 90 second solo.

Songs can be purchased individually for $1.99. The Rock Band Rivals Season 9 Spotlight Pass can be purchased for $14.99.

• Heart - "Crazy On You" (Part of the Rock Band Rivals Season 9 Spotlight Pass)
  • Heart - "Magic Man"

* Please note that this week’s DLC tracks will be available for purchase on Thursday, December 6th.
Alternate titles included: Africa vs Hold the Line Performed at Top Speed

Comments

• Hey!
  • Holy Hearty sh!t!!
  • JLynn943JLynn943 Unsigned
    Yes! Early birthday gift for me :)
  • Would have loved to round this out as a three-pack with "Straight On" or "Heartless," but this is still the most exciting week of new DLC I've seen in a long while.
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    You know how sometimes you have those weeks where you know a tune is going to automatically get a five-lighter rating?

This is the first one of those weeks for me in a lonnnnnnnng time. This is so great!
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    If this was still the Friday-Tuesday era, I would not be able to wait that long.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    TheStuddz said:

I do not believe this is real. I didn't think these songs would ever make it to Rock Band. This is huge. I am ecstatic.

It was puzzling to me. Once we made the transition to "available separated masters is now a nonfactor in licensing", these songs were up there with Skid Row as the seeming priority attainable gets - the songs where the excuse all along was 'the artist is willing but the masters are inadequate'.

Was surprised it took this long, and like you, I figured if they didn't come early there must have been some reason that would likely mean they'd never come at all.
  • CountWaescheCountWaesche Opening Act
    Finally!!
  • Very good week and the classic GH streak returns after a nearly 1 year hiatus (last one that hadn't appeared previously in RB was Lonely is the Night in January).
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    When Rock Band Blitz was first released, these were two songs that I always dreamed about playing in that game. I don't know why. They just seem like a good match. I hope we get a standard controller mode à la Blitz at some point, so I can make that dream come true.
  • That's a funny way of spelling "Craig David". I assume these are deep cuts?

...alright, I'll stop with that joke. Seriously though, this has my attention!
  • One of the best ways to ensure that I'm excited about Rock Band DLC? Feature an artist that is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Well done, Harmonix.

So a number of rap artist works for you as well? I don’t remember any of them though because they are forgettable .