DLC Discussion Thread: Two. Of. Hearts.

Comments

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited December 5
    Looks like Microsoft is finally back to pre-July normal about RB DLC releases, Crazy on You is now available for XB1 spotlight pass owners.
  • Looks like Microsoft is finally back to pre-July normal about RB DLC releases, Crazy on You is now available for XB1 spotlight pass owners.

Of course they're generous on the spotlight pass I don't buy!
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP

Thanks for all the belated disagrees, @Dangimarocker!

What!? Someone’s giving away free disagrees!?
  • Both songs are now purchasable for everyone on XB1.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I seem to be more concerned than the average RB customer about DLC being, uh, fully featured. But classic tracks from HOF performers, songs like those are the ones that make the most sense for them to resort to Other Solutions.
  • Witticus said:

Thanks for all the belated disagrees, @Dangimarocker!

What!? Someone’s giving away free disagrees!?
    I'm not, that'll be £5.
  • Dare I say that I am actually looking forward to this challenge? Been awhile.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    I'm so excited to Rock out tonight!?! B)
  • Wooow! Songs from this level again? :o
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Where are folks seeing that this Spotlight Pass is 11 songs? Crazy on You might pull me back in.
  • djb5f1 said:

Where are folks seeing that this Spotlight Pass is 11 songs? Crazy on You might pull me back in.

The purchase page, "Each week, for the duration of Rivals Season 9 (eight weeks), players who purchase the Season 9 Spotlight Pass will be granted a permanent entitlement to whichever new songs are featured as a Spotlight Song in that week’s Rivals Mode challenge. Purchasers will receive a total of eleven new songs by the end of the season on January 17th, 2019."
  • Intros9Intros9 Unsigned
    Just purchased both on PS4.

Looking forward to getting home and rocking out to them tonight.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    Pass might again be in my future. If there's any song that can warrant taking a risk, it is this one. Just pondering waiting a week to see about the next song or not.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited December 6
    Tonight's stream is another opportunity to play RB4 with the devs.

• LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

I seem to be more concerned than the average RB customer about DLC being, uh, fully featured. But classic tracks from HOF performers, songs like those are the ones that make the most sense for them to resort to Other Solutions.

Why are you talking in circles to not say separated stems?
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior

Why are you talking in circles to not say separated stems?
    Earlier this year some people got really sick of hearing "the S word" so I've tried to avoid typing it since then
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    Formally requesting "Every Fallen in Love" by The Buzzcocks to get added to this week's challenge in honor of Pete Shelley (even though we've got a cover version).
  • TheStuddz said:

I can't believe how much fun these new songs were to play. I especially enjoyed "Magic Man", but they were both great. I hope these sell incredibly well and it leads to more songs of this caliber (stems or no).

Everybody on the forums is so positive which is wonderful. Just to add a bit of negativity, I wasn't a fan of playing the pro drum charts. Great songs though, first time to hear for me and inspired me to pick up some other stuff such as Twisted Sister.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited December 7
    jkald said:

TheStuddz said:

I can't believe how much fun these new songs were to play. I especially enjoyed "Magic Man", but they were both great. I hope these sell incredibly well and it leads to more songs of this caliber (stems or no).

Everybody on the forums is so positive which is wonderful. Just to add a bit of negativity, I wasn't a fan of playing the pro drum charts. Great songs though, first time to hear for me and inspired me to pick up some other stuff such as Twisted Sister.
    Not a fan because they were difficult or tricky... or for some other reason? I haven’t bought yet (I will this weekend) but curious why you weren’t a fan of the prodrum parts - being my focus and all as well?

Also, i was expecting to see at least a few comments on exactly how “bad” the HMX part separation is for other instruments. I’m guessing since nothing has been brought up yet it must be at least halfway decent?
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    It’s like magic, man.
  • DrvOvrItDrvOvrIt Unsigned
    Meh, these are not bad songs but they don't make me want to rush home and play rb. Maybe some day will download them, no rush though.
  • BachiG said:

jkald said:

TheStuddz said:

Not a fan because they were difficult or tricky... or for some other reason? I haven’t bought yet (I will this weekend) but curious why you weren’t a fan of the prodrum parts - being my focus and all as well?

Also, i was expecting to see at least a few comments on exactly how “bad” the HMX part separation is for other instruments. I’m guessing since nothing has been brought up yet it must be at least halfway decent?
    I think my brain somehow just didn't get it, my least fave Heart songs to play (although I haven't tried one of the available ones, RB4 DLC). Hadn't slept well though so that might affect it too. For reference, love Rush, The Who and most classic rock stuff immensely, in terms of fun. Doesn't have to be difficult. Cryin' by Aerosmith is amazing for example.

Would love to hear your thoughts after you try them out.