DLC Discussion Thread: Metal March (in January)

Comments

• The legendary Tae Yamada.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Graffin said:

Damn, you could’ve given us Voodoo by Godsmack. At least I can do that one on vocals.

Here’s hoping for a lil less metal next week/month.

Hopeful Voodoo is coming in the future. It would be a much bigger seller and since they just licensed with Godsmack, could potentially be in the works.
  • ugxwolfugxwolf Unsigned
    Another week of good metal tracks I never expected to see that look fun to play. Another week of people saying “but we could have had this other one.” Can’t please everybody.

For what it’s worth, I am just excited we’re getting more BABYMETAL and I’d never turn down a Godsmack track. Guess it just shows the difference in what different players value that i think “Voodoo” wouldn’t be much fun on anything but vox.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Now that I've had the chance to listen to the BABYMETAL track all the way I can safely declare this week as being a pass for me.

I would really like to continue to see more RB4/early RB4 era DLC artists return though.
    The Killers, Beck, Cold War Kids, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, Interpol, Linkin Park, Mastodon, Van Halen, BØRNS, Weezer, Kelly Clarkson, Outkast, Royal Blood, Arctic Monkeys, St. Vincent, Jack White, Queens of the Stone Age, Cake, I could go on and on.

We got so many great artists so early on in RB4's life and I thought surely we would see more from a lot of them. Heart and BABYMETAL coming so recently give me hope, I really hope they start going back to the well artist-wise, plenty of them have high charting singles that would play great in Rock Band that we are still missing.

I'm happy for the metalheads out there but these weeks do very little for me. My favorite metal song released in at least the last year (probably more) was "Peace Sells" last week, but I already had that one. At the very least I'm thankful that the past few months have been very easy on my wallet.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    bdd74 said:

Every summer Bryan Adams (Summer of 69) gets forgotten

If they release it this summer, they can say it's been fifty years since the Summer of 69.
  • 3pic81ueUnicorn3pic81ueUnicorn Not Active Enough
    edited January 9

This is a disappointing week for me on multiple levels.

I'm not a fan of Babymetal, so that is a pass. The Godsmack song sounds okay, but doesn't feel like metal to me. I might pick it up if I like the chart, but we'll see.

The problem though is that getting these for a "metal" week is like getting Chef Boyardee on pizza night.

I don't see the problem here. It says right on the box, "Easy Family Fun!"

This is technically pizza, trust me.
  • This is a disappointing week for me on multiple levels.

I'm not a fan of Babymetal, so that is a pass. The Godsmack song sounds okay, but doesn't feel like metal to me. I might pick it up if I like the chart, but we'll see.

The problem though is that getting these for a "metal" week is like getting Chef Boyardee on pizza night.

You'd rather have got them on a smooth jazz week?
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

bdd74 said:

I wish they'd skip on Slayer and Baby metal and focus on the best which is Metallica. I'd pay much more for Metallica

Metallica would put them in bankruptcy...

• Vexus said:

Kenny G 12-pack DLC when?
  • Vexus said:

More of a "you got yer 2 weeks of metal so don't whine when the next 10 weeks are mediocre to bad pop songz"... And this is all we got.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Season 9 Spotlight Pass =an 11-pack!
    (sort of)
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 9
    GLaDOS said:

Now that I've had the chance to listen to the BABYMETAL track all the way I can safely declare this week as being a pass for me.

I would really like to continue to see more RB4/early RB4 era DLC artists return though.
    The Killers, Beck, Cold War Kids, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, Interpol, Linkin Park, Mastodon, Van Halen, BØRNS, Weezer, Kelly Clarkson, Outkast, Royal Blood, Arctic Monkeys, St. Vincent, Jack White, Queens of the Stone Age, Cake, I could go on and on.

We got so many great artists so early on in RB4's life and I thought surely we would see more from a lot of them. Heart and BABYMETAL coming so recently give me hope, I really hope they start going back to the well artist-wise, plenty of them have high charting singles that would play great in Rock Band that we are still missing.

I'm happy for the metalheads out there but these weeks do very little for me. My favorite metal song released in at least the last year (probably more) was "Peace Sells" last week, but I already had that one. At the very least I'm thankful that the past few months have been very easy on my wallet.

Those with recent or upcoming albums may stand a good chance. Of course it could change in the future but this season and last season had about half of its DLC dedicated to music from the past few years.
  • DrvOvrItDrvOvrIt Unsigned
    Reddit users seem much more happy with this week. You can pretty much predict how happy the reddit users will be vs this board by the music genre and decade in the week.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

We literally JUST got Slayer last week.
  • tdc002 said:

We literally JUST got Slayer last week.
    And that has what to do with this week?
  • Wildcat15 said:

Vexus said:

Kenny G 12-pack DLC when?
    Nope, it's Kelpy G.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    I'm not a big metal fan, so I tend to be a little less enthusiastic about weeks like this, but I still really want more System of a Down.

If I could only get one more week of SoaD DLC, I'd love a week with "Lonely Day" and "Science".
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 10
    Looks like Microsoft is back to being late about releasing the new DLC.

The tiers are in the ingame store though:
    When Legends Rise - 4 dot guitar, 3 dot drums, 2 dot vocals, 2 dot bass
    Starlight - 5 dot guitar, devil drums, 4 dot vocals, devil bass
  • EmalytheEmalythe Rising Star

... Folks these days just aren't interested in groups where 100% of the current members are still alive. That's no different from literally all other bands! What everyone wants is a fresh group, or rotting in this case, a group where not 25%, not 50%, but 100% of the current members are dead and, on occasion, where chicken suits.

That is why Harmonix needs to bring everyone's favorite legendary zombie idol group Franchouchou to Rock Band!

I welcome the challenge of a group that does Metal, Rap, Idol Pop and TV commercial jingles!
  • Siendo sincero esta semana me pareció brutal, aún sigo en la espera de más canciones de TøP o al menos algo de ACDC ya que en estos días es muy difícil conseguir ese track pack
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

Siendo sincero esta semana me pareció brutal, aún sigo en la espera de más canciones de TøP o al menos algo de ACDC ya que en estos días es muy difícil conseguir ese track pack

So I understood AC/DC and something about these days it is very difficult as a track pack.