February 2019 DLC Prediction Thread: ValenTen's Day (Because Season 10 of Rivals, Get It?)

Comments

• I'm going to change my prediction for next week with older songs, with The Triumph being spotlight this week at full price that means at least 7/11 spotlight pass songs are from the past year or so.

2/14
    Savage Garden - "Truly Madly Deeply"
    Roxette - "It Must Have Been Love" (spotlight pass)
    Whitesnake - "Is This Love"

Okay, I admit, I would buy all 3 in a heartbeat, or even just a duo of Roxette; "It Must Have Been Love" and "Listen to Your Heart". I actually feel the latter is the most likely Roxette song, but both were huge hits. In any case, all these songs are overdue in my opinion, especially Whitesnake. But, it just wouldn't be Valentine's Day without a hopeful prediction of Halestorm! "Love Bites (So Do I)" has to come out some time, right? :p Pairing it with Def Leppard's "Love Bites" would be the best week ever.

For new music, though I have no fantasy about getting new Tool dlc, I do know of new metal albums premiering soon. Maybe not in February, following 3 weeks in January, but perhaps another RBN or Rewind this month once more. Has "Before I Forget" been released, I already own all the exports. Fingers still crossed for another Dream Theater track this year!
    Love Bites x2 would be a pretty fantastic week indeed. I think getting the Halestorm version might actually be possible since we got Uncomfortable recently.

Def Leppard is another story. We sadly have nothing from Hysteria, and I would buy that as full album DLC if it was available.
  • I'm game for the Love Bites week. I'm still kinda bitter that we got I Miss the Misery and GH got Love Bites.... The latter is easily my favorite Halestorm song.

• I would love to see these songs added this month

I need you - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Love song - Tesla

The letter - the box tops

Picture - Kid rock

Burnin it down - Jason aldean

Fly to the Angels - slaughter

Heaven - warrant

If you really really love me - steel panther

• But, it just wouldn't be Valentine's Day without a hopeful prediction of Halestorm! "Love Bites (So Do I)" has to come out some time, right? :p Pairing it with Def Leppard's "Love Bites" would be the best week ever.

Add in a track by up and coming Japanese metal band Lovebites and it would be even better.
  • BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned

Would love a song by Lovebites. I Am The Fire is still my preferred Halestorm song though, and the title track of Hysteria is my preferred ballad from that album. If ever we are going to have a full album again, that should be it.

• Ew. They can keep the Kid Rock song. The rest (besides Aldean since we have it), sure!

• Seven is still in the spotlight pass so I guess The Triumph and Seven just swapped places in the season with both intended to be spotlight pass songs.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    I'm just going to guess at 3 random songs for Valentines:

Haddaway - "What Is Love"
    Marshmello x Bastille - "Happier"
    Savage Garden - "Truly Madly Deeply"
  • Would love Haddaway and that Savage Garden tune.

• ZenzukiZenzuki Unsigned

Love song - Tesla

Fly to the Angels - slaughter

Heaven - warrant

If you really really love me - steel panther

Been requesting Love Song forever! (Would love ANY Tesla actually!!!)

Would like to get those others as well.

And of all the Steel Panther songs, that one seems most likely as its probably the cleanest. lol

• Eyes of a Panther made the cut for Rocksmith to be fair.

• Community Property or GTFO.

"My heart belongs to you / there is nothing that I wouldn't do" - that just screams Valentine's Day.

• I wish they'd confirm or deny a Valentine's Day pack. Didn't they skip a year a few years back?
    That'd be depressing since I always look forward to the ballads and such we get each year (when we do get one)
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited February 11
    The last year with weekly RB DLC in February that didn't have a Valentines Day themed DLC week was 2010 when RB got the Rust in Peace album. Years where the DLC was themed but no pack were 2013 (5 themed singles), 2016 (6 themed singles and speed fighter) and 2018 (2 themed singles).
  • I'll settle for 2 themed singles.

But I am hoping for more...
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I keep hearing "High Hopes" today. Did it win a Grammy? Catchy song but I am officially sick of it.
    This Afternoon's Headline from Spin: "Beck Announced Tour With Spoon and Cage the Elephant"

I predict we get "High Hopes" as DLC this month and also that we get no DLC from Beck or Spoon or Cage the Elephant in 2019.
    MAKE MY PREDICTIONS WRONG, HMX
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

I keep hearing "High Hopes" today. Did it win a Grammy? Catchy song but I am officially sick of it.
    This Afternoon's Headline from Spin: "Beck Announced Tour With Spoon and Cage the Elephant"

I predict we get "High Hopes" as DLC this month and also that we get no DLC from Beck or Spoon or Cage the Elephant in 2019.

If we got that song before any song on Death of a Bachelor or any other song off of Pray for the Wicked, I will be irate.

Still, I'm hoping we get Emperor's New Clothes sooner than later because of DropMix.
  • I keep hearing "High Hopes" today. Did it win a Grammy? Catchy song but I am officially sick of it.

It's a massive hit from last year.
  • BaronRob said:

"My heart belongs to you / there is nothing that I wouldn't do! - that just screams Valentine's Day.

Pity about pretty much every other line in the song!
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

It did not. PatD did not even get a nomination at this year's Grammy Awards (their sole nomination ever was two years ago, when they were nominated for best rock album but lost to Cage the Elephant).
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    "Fortunately" I don't hear hit songs all that frequently, even massive hits. So I don't get a chance to get sick of them. The only times I listen to Today's Hits?

- While in a rideshare vehicle
    - Between innings at a baseball game
    - Randomly out in public [like today while getting lunch][and also at the Dentist] -> both places played "High Hopes" today. I also heard that dreadfully depressing "It's over mate, move on, it'll be OK" song 2x today.

By many standards this song would be a good "get" for RB as DLC. But ...
    Don't worry, I have literally zero influence on this decision.

• I predict we will get "Steppin Out" by Joe Jackson for Valentine's Day, since we only got one song by him, so far.
  • What about some Whitesnake?

I'm not holding my breath for tomorrow announcement btw

• DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited February 12

Here’s a poll:

Whose more likely tomorrow?

A. Roxette

B. Whitesnake

comment your vote. =P

• TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal

I'm gonna have to say Roxette, because while they're both unlikely, Roxette still has an unreleased rewind.

A rewind from an established artist is far more likely than any previously unreleased tracks these days.

• djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Whitesnake please
  • Intros9Intros9 Unsigned
    Roxette, and...
    rab399 said:

I predict we will get "Steppin Out" by Joe Jackson for Valentine's Day, since we only got one song by him, so far.

Requested, was stunned when I saw Joe Jackson DLC back when and that wasn't the song...